What's Going On?

My Dorky Boyfriend

 

Eunkyung opened the door, with the intention to inhale the fresh air that morning but squealed a bit, seeing Sehun had been leaning against the wall that faced the door. He looked like he’s been there for a long time, so Eunkyung invited to come inside and made him wore thick layers of sweaters and had a blanket wrapped around him. She now understood what Jaehwa meant that Sehun is literally a living ice now – he’s always cold and shivers all the time.

“Noona, are you trying to kill me?” Sehun asked, feeling uncomfortable being wrapped like a kimbap. He’s stuffed, though he loved it actually. He finally felt warm; something that he hadn’t able to feel for quite a long time. “No, I’m trying to keep you alive, Oh Sehun. Now stay, I’ll make you hot drink. Chocolate or coffee?” she asked naturally, though forgetting the fact that Sehun didn’t drink coffee.

“How dare you noona, you forgot that I don’t drink coffee!” he whined; just like what he used to do before. Eunkyung giggled and facepalmed herself. How could she forget his favourite when she knew that both Sehun and Jaehwa chose hot chocolate more than anything. “Of course, both of you are chocolate lovers!” Eunkyung then excused herself and went to the kitchen, preparing the drink for Sehun.

Sehun, on the other hand, unwrapped himself from the thick blanket and took out his journal, flipping it for a few times. Upon reaching the last page, he took out his pen and wrote something long while waiting for Eunkyung. He stopped writing right when Eunkyung walked out with a cup of hot chocolate on her right hand. She tried to take a peek, but Sehun quickly close the journal and put it on his side. He took his drink and took a sip right away.

“So, what’s the thing you’re going to discuss with me?” Eunkyung asked right away, sensing that Sehun needed her help the most. Jaehwa whined to her about how harsh Jongin treated Sehun last week, and to be honest, she didn’t like Jongin to act like a person without a brain to think. Sehun spent years of his days with Jongin, doesn’t it feel awkward when your best friend decided to leave you hanging, without even think of supporting you from your back?

Sehun kept quiet; he sipped his drink for a few times before he cleared his throat. He rubbed his palms together, sighed. He kept repeating the same movement over and over till Eunkyung threw a bunny plushie, asking him to tell her everything.

And so, he did. He told every single detail to her, each one of them made Eunkyung from surprised to shocked, shocked to couldn’t believe what’s reality and what’s fantasy, and made her weeped like a child lost in the middle of packed mall; searching for her parents. She kept asking him if it’s true, and he nodded, slowly weeping as well. Finally, he let out everything that made his heart heavy; that made him felt suffocated for this whole time.

Eunkyung stood up and sat next to Sehun, comforting him. He’s hurt a lot, he went through a lot. They cried together, especially Eunkyung who finally knew the whole story. She’s mad at how he kept it as a secret, at how he didn’t even consult each one of them for help, now everyone’s thinking he’s the bad guy when he’s not.

“By the way, Sehun, where’s your phone? I tried to call you many times, but was only answered by the operator,” Eunkyung asked after both of them calmed down.

“My phone? I get rid of it. You know why, right?” Sehun replied, refused to state the reason. He hated to waste his tears again; he’d want this to be the last time he’ll ever cry before his time comes…

After they had a long chat, Sehun then excused himself, as he needs to go to somewhere else. Eunkyung sent him out and waited till he couldn’t be seen anymore, and the moment she wanted to close the door, her tears dropped again. She pitied Sehun, but she could do nothing now. They’re a bit too late, and she blamed themselves for being one-sided and don’t even bother to listen to his story at the first place.

She’s this close to call both Jongin and Jaehwa, but because of the promise she made with Sehun earlier, she couldn’t. Somehow, she felt the need to share this pain of Sehun’s with another wise person, and a light bulb lighted up in her head. She searched for Luhan’s name, and pressed the call button. Luhan’s older and wiser than her; she’d want to know Luhan’s opinion as well.

///

Jaehwa skipped happily while having a date with Luhan. Both of them looked happy and full of joy as they’re enjoying each second together. Jaehwa saw lots of Stitch things, though she felt like buying those, she decided to grow up. As what Sehun said to her before; she looked matured these days. She didn’t even realized how much she’s changed from what she used to be, but she could see that everyone’s happy with her positive change.

Luhan was smiling widely as well, but he’s been thinking about Sehun all the time. He didn’t know how should he inform Jaehwa, or should he really wait just like what Sehun begged Eunkyung before. He felt guilty, but he knew he held an important role as the eldest now. He felt the need to punch Sehun as well. Luhan knew that something’s wrong to him; but he didn’t expect that it’ll be that worst. But again, he’s at fault also as he didn’t try to approach him before.

“Remember, Sehun asked not to tell anyone about it. Tell them after 25th. Please oppa, I don’t know anyone else as wise as you. I’ll help you in telling Jongin, I just want you to tell about it to Jaehwa.”

Eunkyung’s words kept playing in his mind, as if it’s a natural reminder for him. He took out his phone, seeing today’s date. It’s the 24th. He sighed. He had no idea how to explain it nicely to Jaehwa, nor does he have any idea on how to thank Sehun. He owed him big time; and he’s going to pay him by taking care of Jaehwa starting from now.

“Oppa, did you hear me? Hello? Are you here?” Jaehwa snapped her fingers, making Luhan to shake his head a bit. “I’m sorry, I was thinking of something. What were you talking about, sweet cake?” He took her hand and walked towards the cinema. Deep inside his heart, he’s praying that Sehun’s surgery will be successful, though he was informed that he only had 20% of chance to continue living.

 

 

//////////

Guys, yes, it's going to end really soon ;___; Because I'm going to be busy, that's why I'm thinking of ending it earlier~