Secrets

My Dorky Boyfriend

 

Jaehwa was walking back to her home after buying groceries before she stopped, as she saw Sehun was weeping at their usual meeting spot. She rubbed her eyes and looked again – he really was leaking that time. She walked towards him slowly, to see him wearing thin clothes in this cold weather. Luckily she bought a few extra of hot packs, so she thought of giving them to him.

She stopped and hid behind a tree when Sehun stood up suddenly while holding on his camera, and took pictures of the surrounding. He looked at the pictures; before he snapped for a few more. Jaehwa smiled, for a reason that she finally saw Sehun to work behind the camera. She had been seeing him in his model look instead of his photography-loving self, and to see him holding his camera back, she couldn’t help but to feel happy as well.

She continued to look at him – he was scribbling something on his notebook before he took a few more pictures. Maybe he’s tired, he then sat on the bench, and he weeped again. Jaehwa had no idea why he cried; she’s curious, but butting in someone’s business is wrong, and Jaehwa had to respect his privacy as well.

“Why are you hiding there? Come here if you want,” Sehun suddenly turned towards the tree Jaehwa was hiding behind it, while he quickly wiped his tears. Knowing that she’s caught red-handed, she walked towards him, who’s clumsily keeping his book into his bag. It’s like he’s hiding something from Jaehwa, but she let it slip for this time.

“Sorry if I look like I was stalking you,” Jaehwa apologized while handing the hot packs to him. He looked at it, and laughed. “Why are you giving me so many hot packs these days? I’m warm enough by myself!” He spread his arm towards Jaehwa, so Jaehwa touched it, to see how warm he was. She’s shocked, and glared at him. She looked furious, though she tried hard to control her anger that time. “That, is not warm, Oh Sehun. Warm is when your body temperature register 35.8°C or more, and this is definitely not warm because when I touch you, it feels like I’m touching cubes of ices in cold water.”

She then took his hand, placed a hot pack and placed his other hand on top, before she pressed his hands together. She then took another hot pack and pressed it on top of his right hand, trying hard to give him heat. Sehun looked at her; feeling astonished. She seemed like she’s maturing over time, she’s no longer the hyper Jaehwa that he knew before. He looked sorry as he couldn’t grow up together with Jaehwa anymore, but getting to interact with her each day made him feel like he’s being blessed by the God.

“Jaehwa…” Sehun suddenly asked, making Jaehwa to lift her head up. “Why do you care about me so much? You know… after…” he paused. “After all the bad deeds I did to you,” he murmured, didn’t want Jaehwa to hear his words. He’s expecting for Jaehwa to answer him full of sarcasm, but surprised to hear that she didn’t.

“Oh, that? Because I’ve been taught to love people around me since I was little, and care for everyone who needs my care,” she paused, slightly rubbing their hands together. “Do you feel much better now?” She looked at his face, seeing that his hands had stopped trembling. Sehun nodded, and his lips curved into a sincere smile.

“Yes, I’m fine now,” he took his hands away from Jaehwa’s. “You know that you can’t hold my hands freely now, we’re not together anymore…” he coughed; it looked bad because he teared a bit after coughing. Jaehwa was about to pat his back but he moved away – saying that he’s alright.

“Aigo. So I can’t take care of you as a friend? We’ve been friends for long, Sehun. To be suddenly stopped contacting each other… it feels weird,” she confessed, letting him to know her true feelings. She wants him, not to be his boyfriend, but to be the friend that she can always talk to, like they used to be before.

Sehun looked at her before he burst into a laugh, leaving Jaehwa who’s clueless of the sudden laughter. She stared at him; she could literally shoot lasers through him. He then stopped laughing and apologized to her, but still giggling. His body were literally shaken as he tried to suppress the laugh.

“You… You look like you’re trying to hold on the past, Jaehwa,” Sehun began to talk after he paused for a long time. “Do you ever think about us can be together again in the future? Truthfully,” He asked while looking into Jaehwa’s eyes; his look clearly stated that he’s serious. Jaehwa stared blankly into the space; thinking of each word that Sehun said.

She had never thought of this before, but since he brought it up, she took some time to think about it. Feelings; they can fade away, but that don’t meant they can’t come back. Love; does it mean to love someone permanently or does the person changes according to fate? Her eyebrows met as she’s thinking, making Sehun to wave his hand in front of Jaehwa’s face. “So where did your soul go to?” Sehun asked jokingly, seeing that Jaehwa looked like she’s literally not here anymore.

“Her soul reached her home already.”

Both of them turned around, seeing Jongin was standing at the tree where Jaehwa hid behind it before – he looked angry. He grabbed Jaehwa’s hand harshly, and dragged her out of the park. “Your mom was worried so much, did you know that? And what did you do with Sehun? Don’t forget you’re Luhan’s now!”

Jongin continued to nag at her, while Jaehwa took a few glances to Sehun, mouthing sorry that she had to leave in a harsh way. Sehun nodded and just smiled. Everyone hated to see him with Jaehwa now, that’s why even the smallest interaction with her made he felt so happy. Seeing both figures who used to be his bestfriends began to fade from his view, he slowly took out his book where he scribbled few things here and there. He opened it, and read it word by word; couldn’t control his tears escaping from his small eyes.

If only they knew the truth…

Sehun then packed his things, and prepared to walk back home. He saw the large LED clock and calendar on his way home, so he stopped at looked at it for a long time. He looked at the date, and counted the days. He weeped again, knowing that he’s time is nearing. He slowly moved his feet, walking towards his home.

 

////////

it's short, i know. sorry ;A;