His Birthday

My Dorky Boyfriend

Your alarm tone can be heard from entire corner of your house. Apparently, you set it as your alarm tone because you’ve been thinking that the screaming can wakes you up easily as you’re famous for waking up late every single day. The screaming continued for 10 minutes and still, there’s not a single sign of you waking up. Feeling annoyed, your little brother went into your room and screamed to your ears,

YA!! JAEHWA NOONA! CAN YOU PLEASE WAKE UP AND DISABLE YOUR ALARM? OH MY GOD IT’S FREAKING ANNOYING YOU KNOW???

Still. Not a single budge from you. As he had no other choice to part you from your bed, he poured a glass full of water on your face. Feeling shocked with the sudden cold sensation on your face, you woke up straight from the bed, getting a bit confused and mad at the same time.

Finally, you woke up. Now cancel your alarm and go take a bath. I’m sorry to wet your bed sheet but I really need to.” Jaehyung, your little brother said while facing you.

You should just keep calling my name instead of pouring a glass of water onto my face, idiot,” You pushed his head slowly with your finger while your other hand reached for your phone.

KYAAAAAA I’M SO DEAD RIGHT NOW I AM SO DEAD!” You screamed, as if you saw a ghost while hurriedly making up your bed and made your steps to the bathroom. Jaehyung, who’s still in your room, was confused to see you to do things fast because you’re like the laziest among all. Less than 5 minutes, you’ve already finished bathing and wore this attire. You grabbed the present that you wrapped last night and ran downstairs, stopped at the dining table to grab a sandwich and ran to the door.

Take it easy my dear, Sehun will definitely understand why you’re late to this date too,” your mother, who was laughing to see you rushing, said while sending you off.

But eomma, today is really important for him. I don’t want to spoil his mood. Oh, I’m going now, miss me okay?” You said before you kissed your mom’s cheek.

Take care honey, and be safe! Tell Sehun to send you back before 10pm okay?” Your mom kissed your cheek and you quicken your pace, heading to the café, the usual café you’ll go for a date.

I just hope that Sehun won’t be mad at me.

*Coffeest Café*

Sehun kept glancing on his phone’s screen. He knew that Jaehwa will wake up late, but he’s not expecting that she’ll be this late. Earphones plugged in, he immersed himself with songs and danced a bit to keep calm. He could not lose his temper, not today, on this important event in his life chapter.  30 minutes had passed, there’s no sign of his beloved girlfriend. A waitress kept coming to Sehun, asking if he needs anything as she saw him danced, played games, watched random videos and took a nap for the past 30 minutes.

He politely refused to accept anything as what he wanted the most is Jaehwa, but she's still nowhere to be seen. It'd be best if Jongin was here, he thought. Too bad that he's visiting his grandfather who's sick. As much as he wanted Jongin to come, he knew that family is more important than anything. He took out his camera, and began to take selca of himself. Not really the best way to survive from boredom, but at least it helped him to kill some time.

*Oppa, you got a message*

Alerted with the tone as he knew it’s from Jaehwa, he put down his camera and quickly reached for his phone and read the message.

Sehun ah~ I’m going to arrive a bit late. The bus got a flat tyreㅠㅠWait for me okay?

A sigh came out from Sehun’s mouth. Why would bad things happen on this day?

Flat tyre?ㅠㅠOkay then~ I will wait but only for another 30 minutes! Or else I will be so mad at you>_<

Don’t beㅠㅠWait okay!

He put down his phone. He hates waiting. For him, waiting is just another form of torture to his soul. He plugged in the earphones back, and continued to dance along to the songs.

***

He’d been waiting for almost an hour after he saw Jaehwa’s figure from afar, panting for air, maybe because she’s been running a lot to get to the cafe. “Aha, she’s coming. Let’s act like I’m so mad at her,” he thought.

Sehun ah~ I'm so sorry for making you to wait for me. I'm sorry. Please forgive me please," Jaehwa said upon arriving at Sehun's table, and made aegyo, hoping that it'd soften Sehun's heart. She knew he's a er for her aegyo. Sehun kept quiet for a long time, so Jaehwa made her killer 3-aegyo-set that'll definitely melt his heart. Feeling defeated, Sehun chuckled while dragging Jaehwa towards him, making her to sit on his laps.

"I forgive you, sweetheart," he said and paused awhile. He was staring at her beautiful pair of hazel eyes, stunned for its beauty no matter how many time he's seen them. "By the way, where's Eunkyung noona?" Sehun just realized that Jaehwa came alone, because usually she'll be with her best friend anywhere she goes. "I forgot to tell you that Eunkyung unnie needs to attend an extra class because she's been missing a few classes before," she facepalmed herself before continuing, "But we can still enjoy without them, right?" she smiled.

"Of course, but it'll be happier if Jongin and Eunkyung noona came," Sehun pouted. "So, can we start the party now?" he asked.

"Ah, of course! Let's start it now!" Jaehwa beamed with joy and called the waitress, to bring out a cake that she'd reserved earlier under her name. She also took out a cup of chocolate bubble tea, Sehun's favourite, and a cup of banana milkshake for herself. They clapped happily when the waitress brought the cake to their table, and Jaehwa dragged the waitress to sing the birthday song together with them. She thanked her for everything and gave the waitress a few slices of the cake as she knew Sehun and her couldn't finish it by themselves.

They took several pictures together with the cake and sent to both Jongin and Eunkyung, praying that they'll be green with envy. Well at least, they knew Jongin will be screaming and shouting and literally crying as he really loves to eat cake. They laughed in unison when they read Jongin's reply.

"HOW DARE YOU SEND A PICTURE OF THE GLORIOUS CHEESE CAKE FEATURING YOUR UGLY FACES. I HATE YOU, SERIOUSLY"

They continue to camwhoring and sent more pictures of them eating the cake to Jongin. All of his replies made them cracked and laughed so hard. "Yahh Sehun, stop teasing Jongin. Or else he won't talk to us for weeks," Jaehwa said and paused, to take Sehun's phone from his hand and continued, "Let's have fun since it's your birthday." Sehun smiled and nodded. They really are enjoying themselves, with exchanging funny stories and everything. Sehun was laughing so hard when Jaehwa told him what happened to her this morning.

After finished eating and cleaning up the mess they did for the party, they head out the cafe and made their way to the cinema, where their actual date started.

 

///////

The date will be continued on chapter 2.

Enjoy yourself! I haven't been writing for so long.

Take this as my way to improve my writing skills back.