First Kiss

My Dorky Boyfriend

 

“HEOK!! IT’S 12PM ALREADY!”

Jaehwa’s scream filled the entire house. Like always, she woke up late, especially on days when she had important events to attend. She barely wet herself while bathing, and rushed to dress herself. The event’s going to start in 10 minutes time, yet she’s still in the middle of styling her hair.

Frustrated with herself for failing to wake up early, she began to scream random things, including Jongin’s name as she begged Jongin to wake her up exactly on 9am, in case her loud alarm tone had no effect on her. She got to wake up thanks to Sehun who kept calling, to make sure she’s awake.

Jongin, who’s living next door, was busy sketching his new batch of clothing lines for a fashion contest he joined before he felt like someone’s been calling for him. He pulled out the earphone he plugged in earlier.

“Heh weird, suddenly felt like someone’s calling my name,” He said, while lazily dragged his iPod by pulling the earphone towards his direction. He took a quick glance on the screen. “12:15pm already? Ah. I’ve been sketching this for 3 hours already,” he paused, examining the sketches he made with the thought of SPARKLE’s Hyori wearing the clothes for him, before he took another glance on the screen, and his eyes widen after he finally remembered about Jaehwa.

Jongin grabbed his cardigan and quickly went out to go to Jaehwa’s house.

“Yah Kkamjong, you should think for legit reasons of not waking her up now,” Sehun, who’s standing at the gate, said to Jongin.

“What the… Dude can’t you even say at least ‘Hi!’ at first?” Jongin put his hand on his chest, rubbing it slowly and continued, “And I got a really legit reason so don’t worry.”

Sehun and Jongin chatted while waiting for Jaehwa. Their conversation was put on halt when they saw Jaehwa, with a face that clearly shown how mad she was at the moment. Upon seeing the frustrated and mad Jaehw, Jongin wasted no time and walked towards her, apologizing for forgetting to wake her up.

Jaehwa acted like she didn’t see him, walked past Jongin and linked her hand with Sehun’s. “Let’s go, or else we’re going to be there late.” But Sehun won’t budge. He stopped Jaehwa, and slowly pulled her to face him. “You should at least listen to what Jongin’s trying to say, honey.”

“But…”

“But you know I’m joining a fashion clothing competition and how I put myself together to sketch the best clothes for it, right? I was totally immersed in sketching them, it’s not like I wanted to forget about waking you up. I’m sorry, you could punish me later but for now, please smile and let’s go to Eunkyung noona’s house. Her birthday party is about to start,” Jongin interrupted, and beamed his best smile to Jaehwa.

Left with no option and she didn’t want to get to venue late, Jaehwa finally nodded and pulled Sehun’s hand, as a sign to start moving. The couple walked side by side, fingers intertwined. Jongin, who’re walking behind them, made the puking sign several times, especially when he saw Sehun grabbed Jaehwa closer to him.

****

“Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to Park Eunkyung, happy birthday to you!”

Three of them sang the birthday song happily while spraying the fake snowflake on Eunkyung. The birthday girl had been smiling non-stop, feeling so happy that she could celebrate her day with her friends. Jaehwa went into the kitchen to bring out the cake, while Eunkyung impatiently eyeing the boys, to search for any wrapped gifts or even cards, as she’s been hoping to get one.

“Wait what, none of you actually bring a gift for me,” Eunkyung said.

“Ceh, why would we want to waste our precious money for noona?” Sehun replied with a joke.

“And noona is not pretty, my money will automatically go out from the wallet for pretty women though,” Jongin continued and chuckled.

The moment Jaehwa walked towards them with the cake, Eunkyung quickly stopped her, and brought the cake by herself. Jongin who’s a er for cakes, had been holding the fork and shoved his plate towards Eunkyung.

“3 slices of this oh so yummy red velvet cake for me juseyo,” Jongin said while doing aegyo.

“Me too! I want more slices than Jongin juseyoooooo,” Sehun butted in after Jongin.

“I never said I’d bring out this cake for you guys. I will eat it all by myself. Merong!” Eunkyung stuck her tongue out, and put a slice of cake on Jaehwa’s plate and hers but kept the rest to herself.

“Yahhh noona! Give me cake, hurry. My stomach is shrinking, it wants to have that cake in it now,” Jongin whined desperately as he’s dying to taste it. Sehun, on the other hand, shared the cake with his beloved girlfriend. Jaehwa didn’t favour red velvet cake that much, so she let Sehun to finish her share too.

“No cake for Jong-aegi. Unless…” Eunkyung stopped to take a few sips of her drink.

“Unless what noona? Aigoo just give me that cake pleaseeeeeeee,” Jongin rolled on the floor like a buffalo, showing that he’s being impatient to get the cake.

“Unless if you bring me a huge present,” Eunkyung sounded so serious when she said this.

“Eunkyung noona, of course we bought something for you. And it’s sooooo huge, that’s why we didn’t bring it now. I specifically chose it for you because I know your favourite thing. Well now excuse me, let me have my own sweet dating time with this red velvet cake,” Jongin said and swiftly took 2 slices of the cake and put on his plate.

“YUMMY!” he screamed of joy when he took the first bite. Sehun laughed to see Jongin acting so childishly just because of a cake.

“So, what if we play a game after this?” Jaehwa suggested.

“Oh, I love playing games! So what’s the game we’re going to play?” Jongin’s face was like shining brightly while saying this. He’s being too happy, even happier than the birthday girl herself.

“Oh, I have the most brilliant suggestion ever!” Sehun stood up, feeling so excited to voice out his opinion.

“What is it?” The rest asked in unison, as Sehun had been smiling non-stop.

“Let’s play the kissing game! Muah muah,” Sehun suggested, and made fake kissing smile before laughing out loud.

“Yah Sehun! You’re such a erted dorky boy I’ve ever seen in my whole life!” Eunkyung screamed and blushed to think about the game.

Kissing game is a game for a group of people to transfer pieces of paper by using the mouth. Because the paper is too thin, the feel of the other person’s lips to touch with yours is the same as the real kiss. Eunkyung hadn’t had her first kiss yet, so she’s feeling so nervous to play this.

It’s different for Jaehwa. She’d always wanted to kiss Sehun, but never had the courage to ask him. Feeling excited, she kept agreeing with Sehun and suggested the rest to play this game. Jongin, who’s an everlasting , agreed to play this game too so Eunkyung had no choice but to say yes.

Sehun made a new rule for the game, which required them to transfer 15 pieces of papers in 30 seconds. Everyone was objecting as the rule is nothing but ridiculous. It’s almost impossible to transfer 15 pieces of papers, using mouth, in 30 seconds. Sehun just smiled, and said, “Because memorable things happened in an event like this.”

Sehun took out a pile of small-sized papers and his phone. Then, he sorted out 15 pieces of papers and continued to sort the papers as he believed that the game will be continued for several rounds. Jaehwa helped him by arranging the position: Sehun – Jaehwa – Eunkyung – Jongin. Satisfied with the order, Sehun finally set the timer on his phone to 30 seconds, before he touched the Start button.

“It’s starting!” Sehun shouted.

“But, wait Sehun, noona’s not ready!” Eunkyung began to panic as the game’s starting.

“Relax unnie, just play it calmly okay?” Jaehwa whispered to Eunkyung, and pat her back.

Jongin started to the paper and transfer it to Eunkyung. Eunkyung carefully took it from him and turned to transfer the paper to Jaehwa. Jaehwa tried so hard to pick the paper from Eunkyung’s mouth but failed as it slipped from their mouths.

Sehun’s eyes were widen to see his girlfriend was almost about to kiss another girl. The timer’s alarmed rang, and they knew they need to continue with the second round.

“Wait, we need to change position. It’ll start with me, next is Jaehwa, and then Eunkyung unnie and the last person is Jongin,” Sehun said.

“You changed because you wanted to kiss Jaehwa right?” Jongin , knowing that it’s Sehun’s intention from the start. Sehun signalled to Jongin to keep quiet before he tapped on the Start button again.

Sehun brought the paper on his mouth and slowly became closer to Jaehwa’s. Jaehwa carefully took it from him and turned to give to Eunkyung. Eunkyung the paper slowly and steadily, and she finally able to took it from Jaehwa’s mouth. She then turned to Jongin, and quickly moved her head nearer to him. Jongin slowly drew his face closer to hers, trying hard to pick up the paper using his mouth. He sighed as it’s hard and it blew the paper away and in the same time, Jaehwa accidentally pushed Eunkyung when she’s trying to pick up her thing.

In a split second, Eunkyung’s mouth met with Jongin’s. Her heart skipped a beat while Jongin froze. He couldn’t think of anything as he’s in shock. Realizing that they’re kissing, Eunkyung moved her head away from Jongin’s, and clumsily stood up and excused herself.

Sehun’s jaw dropped so low, while Jaehwa’s staring at Jongin.

“Jongin ah. You kissed Eunkyung unnie!” Jaehwa screamed, feeling happy for Jongin that he’d finally lost his everlasting title. Sehun then turned to Jaehwa, before turned to look at Jongin back and said, “Hey wait a minute. I suggested this to sneakily kissed Jaehwa but wow, what is this? Honey, let’s kiss~” Sehun said.

He then pouted his lips, forming a small O while Jaehwa hit him endlessly and accused him of being possessed by a erted soul. Jongin, who’s still under his consciousness, was staring at the floor, with his fingers rubbed his lips repeatedly.

“I kissed a girl. I kissed Eunkyung noona. My first kiss….”