The Date

My Dorky Boyfriend

 

While heading to the cinema which took about 20 minutes to arrive, both Sehun and Jaehwa were walking hand in hand along the park, enjoying the scenery. Sehun who was hiding his dorky side finally revealed it when he saw a butterfly with the nicest pattern he had ever seen. He quickly let go of Jaehwa’s hand, took out his camera and ran after the butterfly.

He jumped when it flew high, and ducked when it went lower, nearer the flowers. Jaehwa was a bit clueless when Sehun let go of her hand so sudden, but finally understood after seeing him trying so hard to get a picture of the butterfly.

Sehun has a thing for photography. He appreciates arts, and he grew up with arts. His father was a painter, and his mother was once a famous fashion designer. Both of them were the happiest parents on Earth to know that their only son appreciates arts as much as they did, though he’s more to photography. Sehun is pretty gifted, he can sing and dance but whenever Jaehwa asked why he didn’t go to audition, he’ll simply answer, “I dance for my one and only lady.”

Cheesy. I know right.

“Ouch!” Jaehwa’s snapped back to reality upon listening to Sehun’s voice, and quickly turned her head to his direction. Sehun rubbed his knee while silently saying faint words that couldn’t be heard. Cursing, maybe, as he hurt his knee. Jaehwa ran a bit towards Sehun and squatted, to see if Sehun’s knee is okay. Luckily the cut wasn’t that big and it didn’t bleed that much.

“Aww it flew far already. The butterfly was like the prettiest one I’ve ever seen!” Sehun said, while sighing that he missed the chance to take a picture of it, thanks to the little accident he had earlier. “And I got my knee hurt thanks to this little rock in the middle of the path!” Sehun pointed to the innocent rock, putting all the blame on it. Jaehwa laughed, she never seen this childish part of his yet.

“Aigoo Sehun-ah, I never thought you’re this childish,” she paused, and continued to chuckle. “And wow, how can you hide your dorky side when we celebrated your birthday earlier? I even heard you danced in the café? I thought you only dance for your ‘one and only’ lady?” Jaehwa said, still giggling to see Sehun’s pouting as Jaehwa isn’t on his side.

“But the rock is still the one who hurt my knee,” he said while still pouting. “Any other arguments are invalid, proven by Professor Oh Sehun,” he murmured. Jaehwa laughed even more to hear that statement and replied, “And since when you inherit my clumsiness, my love?” Sehun just smiled, to think that he was acting clumsily just now.

“Let’s keep moving then, the movie’s going to start soon,” Sehun stood while pulling Jaehwa’s hands so she’ll stand up too. Jaehwa poked Sehun’s cheek playfully, knowing that he intentionally changed the subject as he’s losing to her. Sehun kept pouting his lips, he didn’t like to be treated as a little child, especially by his girlfriend. Which guy would want to look sissy in front of his girl, right?

After about 10 minutes of walking and 5 minutes of a subway ride, they finally arrived at the cinema. Sehun bought a large box of popcorn and two bottles of mineral waters and later entered the hall. “What’s the title for the movie we’re going to watch?” Jaehwa asked, since she had no idea at all. “It’s a romantic love story about college students. Your favourite genre right?” Sehun said, and smiled slyly.

He had to lie because he knew Jaehwa wouldn’t enter the hall if she knew the real genre for the movie they’re going to watch later. He actually bought a pair of tickets for a horror movie, just because he really loves to watch horror movies and he’s dying to watch this. Unlike Sehun, Jaehwa despise any form of scary and horror stories.

Jaehwa was crying from the start till the end of movie, and kept hitting Sehun lightly because he tricked her to watch the movie. Knowing it’s his fault to begin with, he gave his jacket and iPod to Jaehwa. Jacket, for her to cover her eyes and iPod, for her to listen to songs in full volume, at least she could be distracted from the creepy sound effects.

Right after the movie ended, Jaehwa put down the jacket and iPod on Sehun’s lap and walked out of the hall, without waiting for Sehun. And that moment, he knew he made a really big mistake. He fasten his pace to match Jaehwa’s. She was walking so fast, it’s like she’s floating in the air and flying instead of walking.

Now, that’s a real ghost we’re talking about lol.

Sehun grabbed her hand, and dragged her close to him. Jaehwa looked down, she didn’t want to look at Sehun right now. Not after being tricked to watch a horror movie by her own boyfriend. Sehun’s left by no option, but to hug her tightly, to ensure that everything’s fine. He kept whispering “I’m sorry,” to her ears.

After he felt that Jaehwa’s calmer than before, he traced his hand onto Jaehwa’s face, lightly pushed her chin upwards. Traces of tears could be seen visibly on her face, and he seriously felt sorry for it. He wiped her tears, and mouthed “I’m sorry, baby” to her. Jaehwa paused, probably to make herself calmer, before she nodded and hugged Sehun back.

“Next time, don’t you ever dare to trick me like this, okay?” Jaehwa finally said something.

“I will never do anything that hurt your heart, I promise. I’m sorry Jaehwa. This will be the last time. Cross my heart,”  Sehun said while looking into her eyes. He’s being sincere, and he really is sorry to force her like that.

“Okay, so let’s get ourselves bubble tea! You’re the one who’s paying this time!” and in a split second, Jaehwa became so happy and smiling widely, and dragged Sehun’s hand, to go to the bubble tea corner. Sehun was still at lost of words, how could his girl changed mood so easily? But anyway, deep inside his heart, he’s happy to know that Jaehwa wasn’t mad at him anymore.