One Fine Day

My Dorky Boyfriend

 

Sehun’s getting famous lately, after he modelled for Jongin’s mall. He was even offered to be the cover of several magazines, earning himself the ulzzang title. He, in fact, got love calls from other online malls but he rejected, as he thought he couldn’t handle to model for many malls.

This also leads to his increasing popularity among girls. Sometimes, they bought everything that he wore; even after acknowledging they’re men’s wear. He felt a bit unpleasant about being famous in such a short time, but Jaehwa keeps complimenting and encouraging him, and said how proud she is to have a handsome boyfriend like him.

There’s one thing that makes Sehun felt frustrated to be exact – he couldn’t get to introduce Jaehwa as her girlfriend. “No matter how much you love Jaehwa, you need to keep it as a secret. You know how hard your life is after you became an ulzzang. It’ll bring bad effects to Jaehwa as well, and I hope you can lessen your outdoor activity with her.” Mr. Lee’s words are still fresh in his mind.

“Stand closer to Hana please, and show me your charismatic eyes,” Minjee said, hands on her camera. Sehun’s chain of thoughts was broken immediately. He nodded and posed as what Minjee asked. “Good one! Now Hana, pout your lips like you want to kiss him and Sehun, wrap your hands around her waist and lean towards Hana,” Minjee instructed. Though feeling a bit awkward, Sehun needed to be professional as it’s his job now.

“Nice work! Now let’s change to SET 2 and we’ll start after 30 minutes,” Minjee said while checking back the pictures. She needed to do things quickly – transferring the pictures taken into the computer and let the editors to do their jobs. Sehun quickly left the set, trying to find someone who’s dear to him.

He searched here and there, high and low, in and out, but there’s no sign of her. He was feeling a bit down before he heard the voice that’s very familiar to him. “Sehun-ah! Oh Sehun! Oh! Sehun! I’m here! I’m coming!” it was soft and gradually became clearer. He turned around, finally saw the figure of his girlfriend.

He had the widest smile on his face, and unknowingly opened his arms, welcoming Jaehwa into a hug. He couldn’t see her for 4 days straight as Jaehwa caught a fever, but they’re able to see each other that day.

“I thought you wouldn’t come today,” Sehun said while still hugging her.

“Sorry! Jaehyung let Dodo escaped, and omma asked me to find her before it ran too far,” Jaehwa said after she let go of him. Dodo is her pet cat, but was loved by Jaehyung more than herself. It’s weird, I know, but that’s how it is.

“Oh I see, well at least you came,” Sehun paused after he saw several lunchboxes brought by Jaehwa. “Is that for me?” Sehun asked. His eyes were shining brightly, slowly curving into a half moon shape.

Jaehwa then smiled slyly and poked out her tongue. “Nope! This is for our beloved dark Jongin. Where’s him though? I didn’t see him at all,” Jaehwa looked around, realizing that Jongin was not in the studio.

“He’s out with Eunkyung noona. Got lunch date with the new model, they said,” he paused, still looking at the lunchbox. “But none of them was for me?” He pouted, and frowned afterwards. Jaehwa always brought lunchbox for Jongin more than for himself, and he’s not feeling jealous as all of them were prepared by Jaehwa’s mother.

“Aww too bad then! It’s his favourite but he’s not here, hmm,” Jaehwa put her finger on her lips, slightly tapping it, acting like she’s thinking. “But…” She continued, “Maybe we can eat this together! I made this by myself!” Jaehwa squealed, feeling proud to let her boy know that it’s her cooking.

“Yay! Finally- eh wait, this is your first time cooking but you’re going to give to Jongin instead of me?” Sehun, who was smiling widely, said while dropping his hands off Jaehwa. He gave an overly-protective-boyfriend look, and glared at Jaehwa.

“Oh, we got a jealous boyfriend over here!” Minjee suddenly came, and took the lunchbox that’s meant for Jongin. “I’ll eat this well! Thank you Jaehwa! Unnie loves you muahh!” She walked away quickly, leaving the couple alone again.

“Wow, that’s random,” Jaehwa paused, and looked at the only lunchbox left. “By the way, Mr. Oh Sehun, I was showing this lunchbox instead of the one that Minjee unnie took. Omma will always cook for Jongin, babo.” She chuckled and jokingly knocked Sehun’s head. “Hurry up! Lunch time is ending soon!” Jaehwa smiled widely while dragging Sehun to the table.

“How dare you, calling this handsome model right here as babo,” Sehun grunted jokingly, and pinched Jaehwa’s nose.

“Yah, don’t be jealous of my beautiful nose!”

        “Who said I’m jealous?”

“I did!”

They continued their silly fight, without knowing that someone was watching the scene from afar. He wrote a note and left on the counter, turned to look at them for the last time before he walked out of the studio.

They ate their lunch happily, full of laughter and jokes. It was such a beautiful sight, to see a couple feeding each other and laughed happily. Minjee liked that scene and secretly took their pictures for her school’s photography project.

Sehun then changed to his next attire and started the next photography session. Jaehwa, on the other hand, went roaming around the studio, keeping it low as she didn’t want to disturb the session. She first walked towards the wall, looking at the beautiful pictures of the models hanged on it, before she went to the counter as she wanted to read something. She looked around before her gaze stopped at a piece of paper with her name written on it.

Curious, she opened the letter and read it.

        

“This evening? Did I ever make a promise to meet Luhan oppa today?” Jaehwa thought, and searched for her phone in her bag. “Did I left my phone again…” She murmured after realizing about it.

“What’s that?” Sehun came and tried to take a peek at the paper held by Jaehwa.

“Nothing much,” she quickly folded the paper and stuffed it into her bag. “Your session ended already?” She asked Sehun, trying to shift his attention.

“Yep! Waiting for SET 3 and SET 4 before I can go back home.” He paused. He really wanted to know what’s written on the paper but decided to not to ask about it again. He was about to continue but stopped after Jaehwa screamed for Jongin’s name.

“Jongin-ah! I miss you dark baby, I miss you!” Jaehwa screamed and pinched Jongin’s face, ignoring Eunkyung on his side. “You forgot about this unnie now, huh?” Eunkyung asked, had her hands opened, signalling Jaehwa to hug her as always. “Bluek! I miss Jongin only, not you,” Jaehwa poked out her tongue, before childishly went to hug Eunkyung.

“Babo Jaehwa,” Jongin chuckled, “Stop hugging me like we used to before, people will think that you’re dating me instead of Mr. Oh right there,” he poked Jaehwa’s puffed cheek. “Ah, have you checked your inbox?” Jongin asked, and looked at Jaehwa.

“I left my phone at home so, yeah, I haven’t checked yet,” she paused. “Is there any important things happening today that I need to know?” She questioned Jongin, who’s cleaning up the mess on his working area.

“No wonder hyung kept texting me before. Our football team has a match with our enemy since forever,” he paused, eyes still on his table. “And Luhan hyung texted you several times to remind you about the game,” he stopped, lifting his sight to Jaehwa, then he looked at his watch. “It’ll start in 30 minutes time. If you want to cheer for them, I advise you to go now,” Jongin said, and looked at Sehun who seemed uncomfortable with the idea of letting Jaehwa to cheer for the football team.

“Relax Sehun, she’s like the younger sister for the hyungs. Let her go, and you better focus on the next sets as we’ll take pictures outside,” Jongin said, knowing that Sehun wanted Jaehwa to stay. Sehun stayed quiet for a long moment, before he let out a sigh and nodded, giving permission to Jaehwa to go to the match.

“Don’t worry, Oh Sehun. I only love you,” Jaehwa screamed while running towards the door. She knew that the match is important for them. Her school’s football team had always lost to the Seoul Boys’ School’s team, but the rest had been practicing so hard for this match. She wanted them to win, and wanted to see their progress.

***

“Who’re you waiting for, hyung?” Daehwan asked, seeing Luhan who kept looking at the crowd, as if he’s scanning each one of them.

“No-no one. I’m just feeling nervous,” he lied, as he didn’t want the other to know the exact reason, even though they did know why. It’s pretty obvious that he likes Jaehwa, but he couldn’t do anything as she’s with Sehun.

“I’m nervous too. Jongin’s not playing for the team today, I wonder if we can win this,” Moongyu said, while fiddling with his fingers. Jongin is the ace of their team, but even with Jongin in the team, they still couldn’t beat the Seoul Boys’ School’s team, making them feeling more nervous to play for this match.

“Relax, boys. Who knows if we can turn the table over this time?” Minseok talked calmly, and grabbed a bottle of water. “Who knows if we can win this time?” He continued after he drank almost half of the bottle.

“Where’s your confidence? Be like Minseok hyung, trying to look cool whenever Jaehwa’s around,” Junmyeon said, and quickly welcoming Jaehwa who just arrived at their changing room. Luhan turned immediately after he heard that name. Unknowingly, a smile formed on his beautiful face. Moongyu who saw the older smiling silently, smiled too, and couldn’t help but to think it’s better for Jaehwa to end up with Luhan than Sehun.

“Hello oppa! Hello Moongyu! Hello Daehwan! Am I late?” Jaehwa said, and panted as she was running as fast as she could to arrive early. She then looked at her clock; the match will start in 5 minutes.

“No, you’re not! This is still considered as early to you,” Junmyeon joked, as all of them knew that Jaehwa always tend to arrive late in any occasion. Hyemi who stood beside Junmyeon elbowed him, and asked him to be polite to girls and not to treat them like boys. “But you treat me like you’re a gangster!” Junmyeon whined at Hyemi who kept elbowing his ribs.

After wishing good luck to everyone, Jaehwa quickly made her way to Luhan, who’s still sitting at his place. “Sorry oppa, I left my phone at home,” she paused to take her seat. “Thankfully Jongin told me about it, or else I might be missing this match,” she stopped, as she finally remembered that Luhan told her about the match a week ago. “And I finally remembered that you told me about this since a week before,” she facepalmed herself, regretting for being forgetful. “Forgive me oppa, forgive this forgetful daughter,” Jaehwa put her hands together, before she faced Luhan.

Luhan laughed seeing Jaehwa like that, and nodded. “I forgave you, Jaehwa. But firstly, thanks for coming. Now I feel even more confident to play for this match. I promise you a trophy at the end of this,” he smiled, and pinched Jaehwa’s right cheek lightly. “You better watch me carefully because I trained so hard for this,” he said again, before excusing himself as the game’s going to start soon.

Jaehwa left the room together with them and went to search for an empty seat together with Hyemi. She’s nervous as well, but she couldn’t stop praying for the team’s first win against the other team. She borrowed Hyemi’s phone to text Sehun and Jongin, telling about she had arrived safely and going to tell them about the result later.

Seeing the two teams lining up in the middle of the field, she knew that the game’s starting.