Don't Cry

My Dorky Boyfriend

 

Days passed like they used to be, and Jaehwa’s going out with Sehun even more often. Sehun will wait for her before his schedule started, and sent her back home afterwards. Jaehwa felt even confident that Sehun still loves her; without doubting his love to her. But today’s different, Sehun’s going to model together with the SPARKLE members. Somehow, Jaehwa felt like SPARKLE is her friends already – she had been seeing her many times; they didn’t give out the idol aura at all.

“All ready to go now?” Sehun asked, while looking at Jaehwa who’s still styling her hair. “Almost done,” she answered, and giving it a final touch by spraying her hair. Feeling that she looked fine already, she then walked down the stairs together with Sehun, seeing her mother was busy cooking for lunch. “Omma, I’m going out now,” Jaehwa said, before she kissed her mother on her cheek. “Take care, my dear. Sehun, please, protect her, okay?” she warned, as she’s still deeply hurt with the previous incident. Sehun nodded and smiled before he left the house with Jaehwa.

///

“We’re going to wear this?” Hyori asked Hyuna, while holding a short dress. It’s still winter, but they’re going to endorse clothes for spring. “Are you sure we’re going to wear this?” Hyori turned to face Jongin, seeking for confirmation.

“Um, yes, because SPARKLE is set to endorse spring clothes for my mall,” he paused, feeling a bit scared to see Hyori had her eyes widen while looking at him. “But we’re going to take pictures indoor, I guess there’s no problem with that…” Jongin paused again, confused to see that Hyori was laughing suddenly.

“Ah! Why do I forget that we’re going to take pictures in the studio? I thought you’re going to let us freezing to death in the snow!” She laughed, couldn’t believe at the fact she couldn’t figure it out earlier. Jongyun and Minyoong shook their heads at disbelief, to see that Hyori was too slow to take the picture of how the photo-shoot’s going to be like.

The girls were chatting with each other while changing into the clothes when Jaehwa and Sehun arrived. She went inside happily, greeting SPARKLE and Jongin and the other staffs cheerfully. She then pushed Sehun to his changing room as they arrived a bit late and the session’s going to start soon.

“Unnie, that Sehun is still dating Jaehwa?” Jongyun asked their leader, Eunmi, as she heard gossips of him seeing other girl instead of Jaehwa. “I have no idea, Jongyun, but I heard from Kris that Sehun has been dating other few female models,” Eunmi replied while whispering, didn’t want the others to know about it. Jongyun dropped her jaw, couldn’t believe that he changed from the Sehun they knew earlier. “He’s a womanizer!” she mouthed to Eunmi, but was later hushed by the leader as the photo-shoot’s starting.

///

“You’ve worked hard!” Jaehwa said to the SPARKLE members before she bowed to them. She then faced her boyfriend, Sehun, before doing the same thing as well. “You looked so handsome and charismatic today!” She praised him, while clinging on his hand. He smiled, but his hand was busy replying text messages.

“Yah, look at me and stop texting,” Jaehwa frowned, while she reached out her hand to take the phone away. But she was pushed away from him, and Sehun looked angry.

“Don’t you dare to touch my phone,” he warned, before he left to change into his clothes back. Jaehwa was speechless, she didn’t know why he’s acting up like that, but decided to let it slip. “Maybe it’s his natural reflection if someone wants to touch his phone,” Jaehwa said to herself, trying to think positively though she was 100% sure that Sehun haven't act like this before.

On their way back, Sehun stopped by at a coffee shop, buying a hot chocolate for both Jaehwa and himself. “Here’s a hot chocolate for you,” he handed it to her, before continued, “I’m sorry I couldn’t send you back today, I’ve something to do now,” he paused to hug her. “Drink this hot chocolate along the way to keep yourself warm!” Sehun said, before he kissed her on her cheek.

“Well, um, okay then,” Jaehwa smiled, waving goodbye to him. As soon as she turned back, she was surprised to see the person who’s standing behind her.

“O-oppa…” Jaehwa said, she’s scared to see the older guy was looking all furious, and couldn’t say anything when he dragged her to walk in the same direction with the one that Sehun took before.

“Oppa, why-“

“Stop talking Jaehwa. I’m tired of seeing you being so innocent, I want you to see what’s going on behind you,” Luhan said, he looked so serious. He made Jaehwa speechless; she couldn’t understand what’s going on. What makes Luhan mad? What makes Luhan feel protective over her? She kept quiet and followed Luhan’s steps, before Luhan pushed her slowly to stand behind a wall, and asked her to keep quiet.

“Do you see that girl, sitting at that table?” Luhan whispered, while showing the direction of the girl he mentioned. Jaehwa nodded. “What’s wrong with her, oppa?” Jaehwa asked, still confused of why Luhan dragged her so sudden.

“Just wait, and you’ll know why,” Luhan answered, eyes still on the girl that looked like one of the ulzzangs as she dressed beautifully and had people greeting her for a few times. Jaehwa was about to beg Luhan to let her go, before she saw Sehun came out with a cake, walking slowly towards the girl.

“Happy birthday, sweetheart,” Jaehwa heard Sehun’s voice, and her eyes widen to see Sehun kissed the girl on her lips. She rubbed her eyes, and enlargen them again. She then shifted her gaze to the girl – it’s not the girl that she saw walking together with Sehun. This girl is just another stranger that she didn’t know her identity, or ever heard anything about her.

She was speechless. She felt dizzy. Everything looked like it’s spinning against herself, before she caught herself falling into Luhan’s arms.

“Jaehwa, are you okay? Jaehwa?” Luhan panicked, seeing Jaehwa turned pale out of sudden. He then squatted, letting Jaehwa to lie on his lap for a moment. He took the cup of hot chocolate away from Jaehwa’s hand, worried if it’ll spill on her.

“I’m sorry Jaehwa, for letting you to see the truth this way, but I need you to realize that he’s cheating on you again,” Luhan said, while hugging Jaehwa tightly to keep her warm.

“No, i-it’s okay oppa. At least, well, at least…” she paused, struggling to sit. “At least I know it before it’s too late,” she said. Her eyes were wet, but she promised not to cry because of Sehun ever again. Out of nowhere, she gained her strength so she stood up, grabbed the hot chocolate before leaving Luhan who’s a bit clueless on what she’s trying to do.

Jaehwa firmly walked towards Sehun, who’s still oblivious with Jaehwa’s presence as his back is facing Jaehwa. The girl, who faced Jaehwa, looked at her weirdly, making Sehun to turn back as well.

“Jae-Jaehwa…” Sehun stunned, he’s at loss of words.

“Hello, son of ,” Jaehwa greeted, before opening the lid and splashed the hot chocolate to Sehun. She then turned, and picked up the cake. “This look delicious,” she said, and dropped it to the floor. “Oops, my hands were slippery just now. Sorry for wasting that delicious cake,” she said while grinning evilly.

Feeling embarrassed and was slightly burnt because of the hot chocolate, Sehun raised his voice, looking annoyed as well. “Jaehwa! Why-“

“Shut up, Oh Sehun! You’ve lied to me! You treated me nicely when you sneakily meet this bunch of es claiming that they’re your girlfriend! I wonder if you already slept with this right here,” she chuckled, before she turned to face the girl.

“And hello, Ms. Stranger, I’m supposed to be this womanizer’s girlfriend of 2 years and 9 months but you can take him all by yourself now. I’m done,” She looked at both of them simultaneously before she walked back to Luhan.

She’s trembling, and her tears began to fall. Luhan quickly ran to her, and kept her in his arms. “That’s a brave act, Jaehwa,” he said while comforting her. “I’m proud of you,” he said again while gently brushing her back. They got on a bus later, but Jaehwa kept crying. She knew she shouldn’t cry, but she lost the fight to have her old boyfriend back. She cried and cried, till Luhan turned her to face him, before wiping out her tears slowly.

“Big girls don’t cry, my dear,” He paused, “And Im Jaehwa and tears don’t go well together,” he said, before he hugged Jaehwa tightly. Jaehwa cried even more, but she felt much better after listening to Luhan’s words.

Feeling tired of crying, Jaehwa later fell asleep in Luhan’s arm. Luhan played with her hair, and slowly moved his face nearer to her forehead, before he kissed it lightly.

“You’ve been through hard time, but I promise I’ll make you happy if you’re with me,” he said to her, though he knew she’s asleep before he closed his eyes to sleep as well.