Secretly

My Dorky Boyfriend

 

Jaehwa had a blast, going out shopping with Eunkyung, Huihui and her boyfriend, Zitao. Though she felt sorry seeing Eunkyung who needed to stop for a few times as her feet were hurting like hell. She could never go out shopping too long but for Jaehwa, she forced herself to do so. Jaehwa ended up bought a beautiful dress with a huge Hello Kitty plushie for her, as a token of sorry for hurting her to that extend.

After she took her bath, Jaehwa laid down on her bed, going through her inbox to delete old messages. She always kept Sehun’s and deleted the rest, but it’s a surprise to her, seeing Luhan’s name together with Sehun’s in the inbox. She finally remembered that she skipped a message from Sehun, and after hesitating for a while, she tapped his name, and read it slowly.

“Hey babe, how are you? Rarely heard news from you now, hope you’re doing fine xo”

“What is this rubbish? What language did he speak in? XO is what? EXO?” Jaehwa felt disgusted, she felt so distant with Sehun now. She typed a sentence, before she deleted it. “Should I really reply to this?” she thought. She typed and deleted for some time, before her phone rang suddenly, making her threw her phone away because she was surprised.

It’s a call from Sehun.

She let it rang for some time before she finally picked up the call.

-Hello?

-Jaehwa, hey. How are you?

-I got discharged earlier today, I’m fine now.

-Wait, you were admitted into a hospital?

-…You didn’t know?

-I thought it’s some sort of Christmas prank.

-I never knew Christmas is meant to do pranks on people, Sehun.

-…

-…

-I miss you.

-Oh, you do?

-You’ve changed, babe.

-Who changed now, Sehun? I was sick and warded but you don’t even care!

-…

-Who am I to you, seriously? What am I, your love toy?

-Jaehwa, babe…

-Don't you babe me! You’ve changed a lot. I don’t know you. Bye!

She switched off her phone afterwards, as she’s afraid if Sehun’s going to call her again. Tears were flooding her eyes, but she forced herself not to let a single tear to fall. She needed to be strong, but for now, she felt way better. After she calmed down, she her phone again, surprised to see she got 46 missed calls from Sehun. Feeling a bit guilty, she decided to text Sehun.

“Are you free tomorrow? Can we meet at the usual café? On 2pm?”

She knew she couldn’t give up now. She needs to give a try, to get him back. They spent almost 3 years together, so why can’t they stay strong till forever?

///

For the first time ever, Jaehwa came to the café earlier than Sehun. In fact, she came 1 hour earlier than the exact time. She sat at their usual seat, and ordered a hot cappuccino as she decided to order another one after Sehun came. Knowing that she got to wait an hour for him, she took out her PSP, and played several games.

“You’re early today,” Sehun’s voice who came out of nowhere almost had Jaehwa dropped her PSP to the floor. She looked up, seeing Sehun smiling sweetly before he sat down. She then looked at the wall clock – it was 1:15pm.

“W-why are you so early? I thought we promised to meet on 2pm?” Jaehwa asked, still dumbfounded to see Sehun in front of her. She felt a bit awkward and weird to see Sehun she’s seeing now is the same like the Sehun she used to look before, not the one that made her almost died.

“I always come early whenever we’re going to meet, right? But you look like you’re going to steal the throne from me,” Sehun giggled, acting like nothing happened. He treated Jaehwa like always, and Jaehwa hated that.

“You… You look normal today,” Jaehwa said while examining Sehun’s appearance. Yes, he looked normal, he looked like the usual Sehun, he looked plain, he looked… just like the old Oh Sehun. “You don’t even wear make-up today. Where’s your ulzzang self?” Jaehwa asked, not really feeling curious but more to being sarcastic.

“The Jaehwa I knew isn’t this serious, loosen up, my love!” He said before he gently patted Jaehwa’s shoulder before she brushed his hand off her shoulder. She still remembers that he’s an ulzzang, that he’s famous, so she couldn’t let him to be touchy touchy with her. Paparazzis are everywhere; it’s bad if pictures of them were taken together.

“Mind your movement, Sehun,” Jaehwa whispered. Sehun then nodded, understood with what Jaehwa meant. He’ll bring danger to his career if he caught dating with her, and will bring more harm to her than himself actually.

Sehun tried to cheer up the mood by telling funny stories happened to him while working. Jaehwa, who’s naturally bright, finally dropped her ego and laughed at the stories. She’s confident that Sehun’s still Sehun, he didn’t change. It’s only her who feels like he’s changing. Or at least, that’s what she thought.

They enjoyed their stay at the café before they made their way to the cinema. Jaehwa still wants to know why she’s not invited to the Christmas party. And why he’s hugging different girl and treated her like how he treated Jaehwa. She kept fiddling her fingers, hesitating whether it’s okay to ask him about it or not. She bit her lips, feeling unsure with her decisions.

“Why are you frowning? Something’s bothering you?” Sehun asked while handing me the ticket. Jaehwa examined the ticket carefully; making sure it’s not a horror movie. Jaehwa then looked up, seeing Sehun smiling sweetly to her. She took a deep breath and finally asked the question.

“Why didn’t you invite me to the Christmas party? And who’s the girl?”

“About that…” Sehun paused. He dragged Jaehwa to the nearest sit and turned her to face him. “It’s actually a decision made by the company. I really want to invite you, but the media are coming along that night. Even if you came, I can’t treat you nicely. You’ll feel left out. I’m sorry, it’s my fault for not inviting you,” Sehun replied, while looking deep into her eyes.

Trying to figure out the logic in his answer, she then asked again, “How about the girl?” it’s not the party that bothers her mind, it’s, of course, the unknown girl who got to be hugged by Sehun. Yes, she’s jealous, but at least she needed to know her identity.

“Oh, that’s Yunji! Jongin’s model as well,” he giggled. “Are you jealous, Jaehwa? Aww don’t be, it’s only for our job,” Sehun held Jaehwa’s hands, giving them a squeeze. “Trust me, please?” He asked again, eyes still staring into Jaehwa’s eyes.

Jaehwa searched for his sincerity, she looked deep into his eyes as well. She’s not stupid, yes, but logically, she thought it’s possible for his company to make them do things that he didn’t. He had to go out with Jaehwa secretly, he had to follow every instructions given by the company. Feeling assured, she then smiled brightly; she’s back to her old self again.

They enjoyed the movie, and Jaehwa couldn’t stop smiling ever since. She looked happy – really happy, and she held Sehun’s hand most of the times. “I love you, Oh Sehun,” Jaehwa said this repetitively. As if she’s reminding him not to forget about her anymore. Sehun chuckled, “I love you even more than you love me, my love.”

After sending her home, Sehun then walked out slowly. He dialled someone’s phone number, and waited for it to ring.

“Baby, I’m free now. Get ready, I’ll fetch you up later.”

 

/////

Need to do some explanation. So I decided to change the plot, so it's somewhat different from the actual plot that I had in my mind before. Sorry if it causes confusion though I know it's not but... yeah. I hope you enjoy reading this :)