Who Are You, Who Am I, What Do I Do

Who Are You, Who Am I, What Do I Do?

Chapter 25


 

        L.Joe’s P.O.V

    I cradled Niel in my arms, playing with his hair as he slept. ChangJo got Ricky to fall asleep about 30 minutes ago, I’m just glad that I don’t have to listen to him whine about C.A.P and ChunJi leaving. I looked out the window from next to me, feeling the warmth of its light. They’re an hour late, I hope nothing happened to them. The door suddenly burst open and ChangJo and Ricky were on their feet. Two men with standard guns and dressed in black and bulletproof vests. The word ‘S.W.A.T’ was written on where the heart would be. ChangJo and Ricky got in front of me but I only sighed. I carefully got up being sure not to let Niel fall.

 

“Don’t move or we shoot. We were sent to retrieve, but if restraint happens we are ordered to kill.” I pushed Niel in

Ricky’s arms and stepped next to ChangJo.

 

“L-” I held my hand up stopping him.

 

“Go, I can handle this.” The same guy who talked fired at the ground in front of me.

 

“Don’t move.” His voice stern and demanding. “Or we shoot.” I smiled at him.

 

“Cute.” I turned to ChangJo. “Go.” Before he could shoot again I got in front of him and moved his gun up. His friend shot me in the thigh but my body already went numb. I hit the guy with the of his gun before pushing him into the other guy. His friend shot him in the shoulder before going down with him. I laughed a little before walking over to the two and shooting them both in the head. I looked and saw the other three were already gone. I looked down at the blood going down my leg and on the floor. Why don't I feel it? I held in a groan as the pain shot up my side. Note to self, never question your body again.. I felt myself get dizzy and the next thing I know everything is black and I fell hard on the floor.


 

“ChunJi, I don’t feel good all of a sudden.” ChunJi rubbed my back then kissed my cheek.

“Don’t worry you always got like that either after a fight or after someone had to get stitched up. It was mostly you who was getting the treatment so your body is just reacting to it as if you did.”

 

    I gasped waking up. What was that? A flashback? No, I remember when that happened, it wasn’t that long ago.  Wait, where am I? I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I stopped realizing it was making the blurriness worse.  Hearing hushed whispers near me, I stopped. Next was the clack of heels against tile, There’s a 90% chance of them being female.

 

“Hello Mister-” Young, early 20’s late teens.

 

“L.Joe. Just L.Joe.” I tried focusing on her body but my eyes refused.

 

“Right...um..*clears throat* L.Joe, how are you? Is there anything wrong with you? Pain or anything?” I nodded my head and went to rub my eyes again.

 

“I can’t see correctly.” I felt her grab my wrists gently.

“Don’t whatever it is you’ll just make it worse. Can you not see?” I nodded and dropping my hands. “I’m going to shine a light through your eyes now.” I nodded and she grabbed my chin. Hey fingers felt soft as she moved my head to face her. The light came slowly, going from my left cheek to my eye. I groaned and pulled away from her. The burning hurting both of my eyes. It spread through my whole face and I felt my head ring. “What happened?”

 

“*cough**cough* My face burns and my head’s ringing." I held the side of my face as I leaned over to my right, using my right elbow for support.

 

“Strange, I’ll be back.” One clack, two clack. I sat back up.

 

“Wait,” The clacks stopped, “Where am I? How did I get here?”

 

“You’re at the Angel's Heaven hospital. You were taken her by the police for a gunshot wound to the thigh. You will stay here until it has recovered, then you will be taken to a prison where your two friends are currently at. From there you will stay until all of you have been turned in. My only guess is that they will split you up after. Now, I will go ask the doctor what could be wrong so excuse me.” She left. Two friends? So that’s where ChunJi and C.A.P are.  Which means that ChangJo and them got away. That’s good, at least we have those three. Now me and the other two just have to get out of the prison before they get taken. I sighed laying down. I sat in silence for a while, the blurriness giving me a headache so I closed my eyes. The door opened and I suspected to hear heels but instead i was greeted with the sound of sneakers on tile. Who wears sneakers in a hospital? I stayed still and waited as they got closer. I gently hand my cheeks before lips touched my forehead.

 

“Chi?” The person pulled back.

 

“You’re awake?” I sat up and opened my eyes, they were less blurry but it was still hard to see him. His hands cupped my face and he turned me a little to the right. “I’m right here Angel. What’s wrong? Can’t see?”

 

“Yeah, I woke up like this, the nurse left to go talk to the doctor.” He kissed my head.

 

“It’s okay, they probably used a medication to numb the pain while they did the surgery. It'll go away in a few hours."

 

"The nurse said you were prison."

 

"The guards took me here and escorted me to your room. I was very confused at first, then they said your name at the front desk. I'm just hoping that sending me here isn't so they can interrogate C.A.P." The door opened and ChunJi held me close to him.

 

"Oh good you're already here." The nurse is back. "Alright L.Joe we need to run a few tests." She walked to us unopening a syringe. "I need to draw some blood."

 

"Why?" ChunJi held me tighter.

 

"To find out what's reacting wrong."

 

"He's fine. You just used a pain reliever. His body isn't used to it, we've never used any."

 

"Never used any? You've been performing surgery without any medication? What about disinfectant? Do you even know how to give proper surgery?"

 

"I do what I have to. All but L.Joe and someone else are the only ones who  know how. It's not that hard if you have the right materials."

 

"Fine. Let's say you're right, how long will it take for him to see again?"

 

"I few hours."

 

"If he's not better in three I'm doing blood tests."

 

"Okay."


End Of Chapter 25

 

 

 

If the font is too small please tell me and I'll make it bigger *hearts*