JUST A FRIEND...?

3 Dates

 

                “Yeollie, where’s Kai?” Baekhyun asked, repetitively looking at his phone, as he called Kai for almost 20 times today. His boyfriend replied with a simple pout, not knowing where the other boy went to. If Kai’s going to miss class, he will tell the two and asked them to sign his attendance sheet. But not today. Baekhyun was restless, he kept on looking to the door, waiting for Kai to enter the lecture hall, but still, no sign.

                Kai looked at his phone again. ‘Great, 20 miss calls. Baekhyun be pissed,’ he thought as he slowly walk to the building that he never thought he would be standing. Heck, he didn’t even know that he would be doing this. Stalking Oh Sehun.

                The Engineering faculty is so big. He thought that their faculty was the biggest. He was lost. A few Engineering boys (kinda cute) smiled and winked at him. He just smiled back, and this is really the first time he got no intentions of getting their phone numbers like he used to do. And he didn’t realize it himself.

                “which class could he be in?!” he was frustrated on the thought of not knowing where Sehun would be. He knew Sehun got Statics class today as they talked the whole night. But hell, he never thought that Engineering faculty is this large.

                He nearly gave up but then he saw Kyungsoo walking out from a classroom. He hoped that Sehun and Kyungsoo is in the same class for this subject, he was tired of doing this. he just want to take a glance on Sehun and go back to his faculty. He hid himself from being seen by Kyungsoo by standing behind a wall, peeking, so he can at least see what Sehun is wearing today.

                “K-Kai?’’ he was shocked as he heard a familiar voice and a finger tapping his shoulder lightly. He turned around, and there he was. looking as cute as ever.

                “O-oh. S-Sehun-ah!” Kai mentally face palmed himself for doing this. what happened to the cool, ‘I don’t wanna know about the person I’m dating’ Kai?

                Sehun smiled cutely, blushing a bit as he saw Kai smiling back at him. “What are you doing here? I thought you didn’t come to class.” Sehun asked, as the two walked to the faculty’s garden. “Uh. Just…”

                “You’re stalking me, Kai?” Sehun stood in front of Kai, stopping him from walking. Kai was taken aback by what Sehun just said. He gulped hard and shook his head vigorously. “N-No! I’m not that kind of person!” Sehun pouted as he continued to walk in front of Kai, about to leave him as he said, “too bad. I thought you were..”

                Kai caught Sehun’s wrist almost immediately. “Okay. You got me. I tried to stalk you, but I can’t find you anywhere. Aren’t you supposed to have class with Kyungsoo?” He locked his hand with Sehun. Sehun looked at their intertwined hands and blush again as he nodded.

                “So, are you gonna tell me our 2nd date plan or what?” Sehun said as both of them sat on the bench in front of the fountain. “Told you it’s a secret, Hun-ah. You’ve been asking me that the whole night.”

                “I’m just curious. And by the way, thank you.” Sehun said as he pointed to his eye bags. Kai laughed out loud and Sehun continued to hit him on his chest like he always did. “well, hey. I got them too okay?” Kai said as he pointed to his eye bags too and Sehun poked his cheeks. “You shouldn’t call me late at night then, Kai.” “But, I wanna hear your voice, Sehun-ah.”

                Sehun looked at him seriously. Kai looked back, not taking his eyes off Sehun. Sehun smiled awkwardly as he looked away. “You’re really good at playing with people’s heart, you know?”

                “What do you mea-“ Kai was cut off as one of Sehun’s friend greet them. “Sehunnie!” “Oh, L-ah!”

                “Oh, who’s this, Sehun?” L said as he reached out his hand to Kai. They shook hands and smiled at each other. “I’m Kai, Sehun’s-“ “Friend. Kai’s my friend, L.”

~             ~             ~

                “Hey Kai! Where have you been? I’ve been calling you like a hundred times!” Baekhyun said as he finally saw Kai in their cafeteria. “Yeah, dude. We’ve been trying to tell you that-“ “Friend? I’m just a friend?!” Kai shouted, not letting Chanyeol finished his words.

                “Woah-woah. Calm down now, Jongin. What’s wrong?” Chanyeol asked as he patted kai’s back. Kai clenched his fist tight, he never felt like this before. He wanted to scream, shout and just flip the table but still, he is wise enough not to do that in public, but later at home, flipping tables is the first thing he would do.

                “I went to Sehun’s faculty this morning, okay? That’s why I don’t come to class. And then I met one of his friend, L or what something like that, and he introduced me as a friend! Pfft, can you believe it? a ing friend?! That’s like, friend zoning Kim Jongin, you know?! And he’s the one that said he liked me first and he’s playing with me?! that son of a bit-“

                “Kai, Kai, stop. Okay. Take a deep breath. Breathe in, breathe out.” Baekhyun said as he sat in front of Kai who is now running out of breath from ranting. “and wow, Oh Sehun just friend zoned you?” Chanyeol laughed out but then Baekhyun smacked his head. “Not now, idiot!”

                “well, it’s okay then. He didn’t take this thing we got seriously. So am I.” Baekhyun looked at Kai once again, trying to get what he was saying. “So, you meant that you’re serious with Sehun?”

                “N-no. what?! No! I wasn’t, no-no. I didn’t mean it that way.” Noticing Kai’s lying when he stuttered and his voice got high pitched, Baekhyun and Chanyeol looked at each other. They noticed Kai’s totally acting weird these past few days of dating Sehun.

                “Kai. I wasn’t gonna tell you this but..” “But what? Sehun’s cheating on me?! I knew it! that’s why he introduced me as a friend. Kyungsoo told you?”

                “Kai. You should answer my phone calls you know.” Kai looked at Baekhyun, pouting. He felt dejected. He was the guy that everyone wanted. This is the very first he felt his heart hurt, and somehow Oh Sehun is the pro at it.

                “Kai. Listen to me. when you went away to stalk Sehun, he was here in our faculty!” “What?! He was cheating on me with one of our faculty students?” “Stop being paranoid, silly! He was here to stalk on you!”

                Kai’s eyes widen. “Stalk me?” “yes you idiot. The time you stalk him, he was stalking you too.” Kai smiled a little. “H-how do you know?”

                “We met that cutie here. He asked us where you were and we told him you didn’t come to class. He looked sad, and he went back to his faculty. I guess then you met him.” Chanyeol said as he ate his ice-cream that he bought while Kai was ranting.

                ‘Right! That’s why he said he thought I don’t come to class~’ Kai thought back on their conversation this morning.

                “are you happy now? Will you stop ranting now?” Baekhyun said as he feed Kai a scoop of ice-cream. Kai smiled and ate the ice-cream. “well, he still considered me as a friend.” “Oh, stop it. you will stop dating him anyways, why do you have to be so angry about this?” Chanyeol said as he look directly to Kai’s eyes.

                “I-I don’t know..”

One Message Received.

From: Oh Sehun

Kai-yah.. sorry for what I did just now. I don’t know why I introduced you as a friend. My stupid mouth! -__-‘’ But you’re not just a friend, you know that right? For at least 2 more dates, that is. You’re my special friend. >//<

;___; forgive me?

                Kai smiled as he received the message. He was sure he will not have to flip tables as soon as he reached home later, because he’s happy. His special friend made him happy. He felt terrible leaving Sehun without saying anything.

Sehun was shocked that Kai left him at the garden right after L left. He knew Kai was probably angry, but why should he be? After 2 more dates, they’ll no longer see each other. Then, what would he tell L? He broke up after 3 dates with Kai? Kai dumped him and date other guys? He kept on checking his phone, but still no reply from Kai. But a few minutes later…

From: Love Boy

I’m okay with you telling people that we’re friends, as long as in your heart we’re not. But friend, I knew you stalked me today. My best friends told me. kekeke. No wonder you’re not in the class with Kyung today. You stalker! hahaha

Forgiven. And yeah, we’re special friends. ^^   

                Reading the message from Kai made him felt happy. Although, he got busted stalking his boy, he was sure Kai was no longer mad at him.

                He stopped himself before replying ‘I love you’ to Kai, because he knew how much it hurts later when they broke up.