the real reason.

3 Dates

 

“Your house?” Kai nodded, scratching the back of his head. Sehun smiled nervously, biting his lips hard to hide it. Kai led him to the door and opened it for him.

The house was dark, Sehun barely see anything. It didn’t help much when Kai closed the door, and there’s something covering his eyes.

“J-Jongin-ah!” he shouted, panicked as he can’t see anything. “J-Jongin-ah, I can’t see anything!” Kai just laughed as he switch on the lights, still covering Sehun’s eyes with his large hands.

“J-Jongin~~~~” Sehun whined as he felt Kai led him somewhere, and suddenly both of them stopped.

“Ta-dah~~~~” Kai said cheerfully as he let go his hands from covering Sehun’s eyes. Sehun blinked a few times before finally seeing what happened. And when he saw it, all he could say was..

“My God….” There’s a table for two in the middle of Kai’s beautiful dining room. Two candles in the middle of the table, a bottle of champagne and rose petals on the floor. He turned around, seeing a shy Kai avoiding his eye contact.

“Kim Jongin… you did this?” Sehun was on the verge of crying, but he held it in. Kai nodded, not realising Sehun’s teary eyes. Kai pulled the chair for Sehun, saying “Please seat down, Sehun-ssi.”

Sehun sneakily wiped his tears as he whispered ‘Thank You’ to Kai. Kai went to the kitchen for a little while, and Sehun’s eyes wandered around the house. ‘such a beautiful house.’ It’s large, and the furniture inside the house definitely at the best quality.

“once again, Ta-dah!” Kai shouted as he placed meat ball spaghetti in the middle of the dining table, and served the spaghetti for Sehun. Sehun laughed as Kai tried hard to open the champagne, and after a while, he finally able to pour the champagne on both of their glasses.

“You cooked this?” Sehun asked as he smiled to Kai. Kai nodded happily, blushing a bit. “I nearly burnt this house.”

“So, this is why we’re wearing suits?” Sehun said as he hold his glass. Kai smiled shyly, nodding. Both of them held their glasses, “To our romantic candlelight dinner.”

Sehun fed Kai, trying to make sure the spaghetti tasted nice before he himself eat it. Kai happily ate it, and fed Sehun too. “Wow! Thith ith tho deliciouth~” Sehun said with his mouth full. Kai wiped Sehun’s lips, which was covered with sauce with his napkin. “don’t talk when you’re mouth’s full.”

The two talked a lot while eating and feeding each other. They talked about what happened at university, but both pretending their ‘avoiding each other’ phase never happened. They shared stories, laughing at each other’s jokes until Kai was nearly choked and Sehun almost spilled the champagne on Kai’s face.

Sehun wanted to help Kai to wash the dishes together, but Kai didn’t let him, saying that he wanted to be the romantic guy, doing all the work for Sehun.

“You know, it would be faster to finish when both of us do the work.” Sehun said as he sat at the counter, watching Kai’s beautiful back.

“Nope, let me do it. it’s kinda rude asking guest to do the chores.” Kai diligently washed the dishes, when he suddenly felt a pair of long arms around his waist. Thank God he was done with the cleaning.

“S-Sehun-ah..” Kai said, as Sehun tighten his back hug on Kai, his chin on Kai’s shoulder. Kai thought he was flying high as Sehun did this. Sehun back hugged him! Sehun did! He felt so happy, that he thought Sehun finally respond to his heart.

Sehun, on the other hand, doesn’t even know why he did it. He thought of Kai, of their relationship, how happy he was when he’s with Kai, how Kai made him felt so special every time. Without himself knowing, he stood behind Kai and hugged him tight. ‘I don’t want to break up with you’ was what he about to say, but Kai called him.

“S-sorry.” Sehun said as he finally let go of Kai. Kai turned around, seeing a blushing Sehun. “For what? Stealing a hug?” Sehun nodded as he Kai grabbed his hands tight. “There’s nothing to steal when I’m all yours.”

Sehun felt his heart break again. ‘You’re mine today, and tomorrow we’re strangers.’

Kai led him to the living room, wanted to watch some movies with Sehun, when Sehun found a picture of a woman next to the sofa.

“Your mom?” Sehun asked, looking at Kai. Kai nodded as he sat down, pulling Sehun down to sit next to him.

“Where is she? Did she know I’m here at your house?” Kai took the frame from Sehun’s hand and placed it back to the table. “She’s gone.”

“W-what?” Sehun turned around, seeing Kai smiled weakly. “She’s gone 4 years ago.” Sehun locked his hands with Kai. “I-I’m sorry to hear that.”

“Nah, I’m fine.” Kai smiled again. “Your dad?” “he’s not dead, yet.” Sehun narrowed his eyebrows, questioning Kai’s words. Kai sighed.

“My dad gave me this house, and literally everything I needed in life. Money, the car out there, you name it. he gave it all to me.” Kai said as he sighed again. Sehun nodded. “You don’t live with him?”

“Nah. He lived with his mistress.” Sehun eyes widened. “Which is great, I don’t like seeing him anyways.” Kai continued as he lied on Sehun’s lap. Sehun his hair lightly. “Mind if I ask why?”

Kai smiled weakly, seeing Sehun up close made his heart calmer. He had never told anyone about his life, not to Baekyeol couple whom he knew since high school. Heck, those two never come to his house too. Sehun’s the only one he felt comfortable to tell everything, even about his past that hurts him a lot.

“you know why I made the 3 dates rules?”