hard for me to forget you.

3 Dates

 

Kai ran at full speed, leaving his Japanese class with one thing on his mind. ‘Se-Kai.’ Can it be that Sehun made the tattoo as a combination of his name and Sehun’s?

                If it does mean that, Kai thought of one possible thing. ‘Sehun does love me.’ or else, why he did something that is permanent with both their names on it? and he knew it hurts him, Suho told him before.

                Kai finally arrived at a place that he had been before. Sehun’s house. He knocked the door impatiently, wanting to see Sehun, talk to him, and made him change his mind before he went to China with his brother for whatever reason it is.

                The door finally opened. “Sehun-ah..” he said as someone opened the door. ‘Wait..’ he thought. This guy looked a lot like Sehun, but he’s smaller and a bit shorter.

                “Who are you?” the guy asked, smiling. “I-I’m Kai.” Hearing that name, he frowned immediately. “Kai, as in Kim Jongin?” Kai nodded. ‘He must be Sehun’s older brother.’

                “Huh, so you’re the one that made my brother sick?” Kai was shocked. So Sehun was sick, for real. “Go away! Don’t you ever come near Sehun again!” he said, trying to close the door but Kai stopped him. “wait, Hyung-“

                “what are you doing?! I said go away!” “Let me see him, please!” Kai pleaded. “why? You left him! you broke his heart, now go away!”

                “What?!” Kai was taken aback. ‘I broke his heart?’ “he’s the one that left me, not me!” Sehun’s brother stood still. “B-but he told me-“ “I don’t know what he told you, but please. please, please, let me see him. then you can kick me out as you wish.’’

~             ~             ~

                Kai went to Sehun’s bedroom as Luhan (Sehun’s older brother, as he introduced himself as he let Kai in) led him.

                The room was dark. Kai stood by the door, standing side by side with Luhan. He can see Sehun was wrapped in blankets, wet towel on his head.

                “we’re supposed to leave tomorrow. But he’s sick.” Luhan whispered slowly. Kai sighed. “he didn’t even tell me that you guys are leaving.” Luhan was a bit shocked. “I really thought you’re the one leaving him.” Listening to Sehun’s unstoppable crying nights made Luhan thought that way, thinking Kai left his brother heartbroken, crying night and day until this happened. Lifeless Sehun.

                “J-Jongin-ah…” Kai was surprised, hearing Sehun calling his name. but Sehun’s eyes were closed. “He had been like that since Saturday.” “What do you mean ‘like that’?” Kai asked. “He’s been calling your name in his sleep. he refused to eat. He cried all day and night. He even refused to open his eyes.”

                “I’ve called doctor a few times, but-“ Luhan sobbed a bit. “He’s still like that..”  

Hearing Luhan telling him about Sehun’s condition made Kai cried. He’d been through a rough time. He thought he was the only one. But why did Sehun had to avoid Kai with all his might when he’s hurting too? why did he had to make things hard for both of them?

                “K-Kai…” once again, Sehun called his name in his sleep. “Go. Go and talk to him.” Luhan said as he pushed Kai inside.

                Jongin sat next to Sehun, crying silently. Sehun looked slimmer, paler. It hurts him so much to see his bright, cutie, happy-go-lucky Sehunnie became like this.

                He held Sehun’s hand, caressing it. he cried again, hearing Sehun calling his name once again.

                “J-jongin-ahhh…” “Sehunnie, I’m here..” he answered, hoping Sehun would hear him. Sehun moved a bit, his eyelids opened, then closed. “Sehun-ah, wake up. I’m here..”

                Sehun opened his eyes slightly, turning his head to his left. ‘Am I dreaming?’ “Is this a dream?” he mumbled slowly, but enough for Kai to hear. Kai cried again, but quickly wiping his tears.

                “No, silly. I’m really here.” He said, sobbing. Sehun blinked a few times. “you can pinch me if you want to.” Kai said again, caressing Sehun’s cheek.

                Sehun grabbed Kai’s hand and pinching it hard. “Ouch!” Kai winced a bit. “it really is you..” Sehun mumbled again. “Yes. I’m here, Sehunnie.” Sehun cried slowly, seeing the boy he really loved in front of him.

                “Say it one more time…” He whispered. “Say what, Sehunnie?” Sehun cried again, and Kai wiped his tears while himself crying. “Say Sehunnie again….”

                Kai chuckled softly, kissing Sehun’s fingers one by one. “Sehunnie~~” Sehun smiled weakly, hearing Kai calling him Sehunnie again. How he missed that, only God knows.

                Sehun wanted to sit, so Kai helped him. Sehun was not sure why Kai’s here. He kept on thinking that this is wrong. Having Kai here is wrong, but he missed Kai so much to say it.

                “Sehunnie, please eat a bit..” Kai said, taking a scoop of porridge that Luhan prepared for Sehun. Sehun ate as Kai feed him. He missed this. he missed on how caring Kai was to him. after a few scoops, Sehun refused to eat anymore. ‘At least he ate.’ Kai thought silently.

                “You shouldn’t be here, Kai.” He said after a few minutes of silence. “Why?” Kai took Sehun hands and intertwining it with his, but Sehun let go of his hand.

                “J-just go..” “I’m not leaving you…” Kai said, gripping tight on Sehun’s hand. “Go, Kai. Please.” “Why?” Sehun sighed.

                “You’re making this hard for me.” Kai looked at Sehun. The younger cried again. “You’re making it hard for me to forget you.”