Days gone by.

3 Dates

 

“Jongin..” Sehun whispered to Kai, as Kai is still spacing out in class. “Oh? What is it, Sehun?” he asked as he realised he’s been spacing out for too long.

                “Do you even hear what I said?” “No, no sorry, I don’t. come again?” Sehun sighed at the sight of Kai not paying attention to what he was saying.

                ‘One last date and he already lost interested in me.’ he thought to himself silently. He faked a smile, and asked. “our last date, plan it already?”

                “Oh, no. not yet. I don’t have time, you know. To think about it.” Kai lied. He actually just don’t want to end this date. He wanted it to be forever. But Sehun, on the other hand, seems like eager to finish this 3 dates. He had been asking Kai about the last date numerous times, and it hurts Kai a bit. A lot, actually.

                How should he tell Sehun that he didn’t want to end this date? All Sehun been asking about it when their date should be, not even a single hint showing that he still want to go on with Kai. If, if and only if Sehun said that he wanted to date Kai more than 3 dates, just like the other boys did, he would accept it in a heartbeat. No doubt.

                “Well, if you haven’t thought about it, or don’t have any time, I’ll give you all the time you need this week.” Sehun said as he heard the lecturer in front wrapped up their Japanese class. He stood up after he packed all his things and ready to leave Kai when Kai gripped his wrist to stop him.

                “H-hey. Where are you going? We’re supposed to have our lunch together, you know? Like usual?” Kai asked. Sehun smiled as he let go from Kai’s grip slowly. “You need time right? I give you time.” Sehun left, leaving Kai alone, not sure what just happened to him. to both of them.

~             ~             ~

                Right after their 3rd Japanese class ended, the two didn’t really talk or call each other like they used to. The Monday night, the day the two last met for Japanese class, Kai texted Sehun a simple good night with a ^^ with it, only to receive ‘night.’ By Sehun. Kai was deeply hurt. Sehun must be not into him.

                Tuesday. Kai made up his mind not to come to Sehun’s faculty today to have lunch. ‘Maybe he will come to me.’ but to his heart break, Sehun didn’t come. That night, they didn’t even text. And Sehun cried all night.

                Wednesday. Sehun was supposed to go to Kai’s faculty today, but he was deeply hurt when Kai didn’t come to him yesterday. He stopped himself from going. ‘why should I go when he didn’t even bother to come yesterday?’ another night without texting. Kai ate sleeping pills so that he can sleep, at least for tonight, he thought.

                Thursday. Unbearable pain for both of them. Kai can’t stand it anymore, he decided to go to Sehun’s faculty, to finally have lunch like usual with the boy. But what he saw on the cafeteria was Sehun, eating his lunch with somebody. L. he decided to eat his sleeping pills again tonight, but then he received a message.

‘Jonginnie. Are you asleep..? sleep tight.‘

                Right. He still ate the sleeping pills anyways.

                Friday. Sehun went to Kai’s faculty with a handmade lunch box. He cooked it himself, he woke up super early today just for this. ‘hope he likes this.’

                “S-Sehun-ah?” Sehun turned around. That’s a familiar voice he’s hearing. He smiled widely.