failed plan.

3 Dates

 

He lifted his head as he heard a boy asking him. He can’t help but noticed a slight lisp when the boy talked. The boy was looking at him, smiling widely. ‘Oh my God, so cute..’

                “Uh, no one. Please, sit down..” He said, patting the seat next to him for the boy. The boy’s side profile made his heart fluttered a bit. The boy’s skin is pale white, clear and beautiful. He’s a 10, Kai thought. He never gave a guy a 10 without dating them first. And even after dating, he gave them about 7-8 points. But this guy here.. is somewhat different. He’s sweating a bit, probably running to the class. The other boy noticed Kai was looking intensely at him, just flashed an innocent smile to him, while his lips.

                “Sehun-ah!” The boy turned around, and so did Kai. “Oh, Hyung!” “Su-Suho Hyung?” Kai asked as Suho sat behind them, panting a bit. “Jongin-ah!” Suho greeted cheerfully. The boy beside Kai looked at both of them with a bit confusion on his face.

                “Y-you guys knew each other?” He whispered, afraid that the lecturer heard him. Suho nodded, “He’s Kyungsoo’s friend.” “Oh..”

                “Hyung, you took Japanese too? I thought you took Mandarin with Kyungsoo..” Kai asked, turning his head back to Suho. “I was about to, but the guy next to you asked me to accompany him.” Suho glared at the boy. “and he didn’t even wait for me to go to the class together..” The boy mouthed sorry to Suho.

                “I’m Kim Jongin, but you can call me Kai.” Kai smiled his usual seductive kind of smile to the boy. The boy blinked his eyes a few times, fallen for the smile. He looked at Kai’s beautiful eyes, about to forget his own name as the name ‘Kai’ on repeat in his head. “Kai, oh no, I mean.. Sehun, I’m Oh Sehun.”

~             ~             ~

                “How’s Japanese class?” Baekhyun asked as he met Kai on the way to their Maths class. Kai smiled widely, singing ‘LuluLala’ happily as he walk in between Baekyeol. “Oh… Let’s see. Target found?” Chanyeol said, and Kai nodded as the answer.

                “Oh my God! Spill the beans!” Baekhyun shouted, stopping Kai from walking. Chanyeol shook his head, clearly doesn’t want to hear about Kai’s new target.

                “Okay! Oh My God, you wouldn’t believe how cute he is. His name is Oh Sehun, a guy from Engineering Faculty!” “Engineering? Nerds…?” Chanyeol said, receiving a smack from Baekhyun. “Not all Engineering boys are nerds, okay. Kyungsoo’s not a nerd.” “You said that coz he’s our friend, that’s why.”

                “Shut up, Yeol. Keep going.” Baekhyun said with an anxious tone. “He’s so cute, Baek. He got this lisp when he talk, ya know. Like, Thehun.. My name is Thehun. How cute is that?! He’s almost my height, he got a pale white skin, ya know, those kind of skins that I dig in. he has a pair of kissable lips and what’s important, he’s from Engineering faculty. Like, have you ever heard me dating Engineering boys?” Kai said, can’t hide his happiness as he spilled all to his best buddy. Baekhyun nodded happily, excited.

                “So, you got his number?” Baekhyun asked as the three started walking back to class. “He’s Kyungsoo’s friend too, I guess. So I don’t want to use the same technique.” “Afraid that Kyungsoo told his boyfriend about you, and tell this Sehun guy?” Kai nodded. “so I used the ‘leaving my textbook and rush out from the class’ technique. So that he can search for me, and..”

                “Kim Jongin!” Kyungsoo’s voice came out of nowhere. All three turned around, and saw Kyungsoo walking hand in hand with his lover, Suho. “Hey Kyungie, Suho Hyung!” Baekyeol greeted in unison. “Hey, you left this at the class.” Suho handed the Japanese text book back to Kai. Chanyeol laughed a little as he saw Kai face palming himself after saying thank you to Suho.

                “Let me guess, failed plan?” Kyungsoo whispered to Kai as he went closer to the boy. Kai sighed loudly. “Things didn’t go like you always plan, eh, Kim-3 Date-Jongin?”

                “ you.”

~             ~             ~ 

                Kai rolled on his bed for God knew how many times. He was totally frustrated. His plan was such a failure, all because of Suho. “ah, it would be perfect if Sehun gave it back to me. then I can seduce him. Or something…” He mumbled as he turned his head to his pillow, unable to hide his frustration.

                Suddenly, his phone was ringing, showing an unknown number on the screen.

“Hello?” he answered, clueless.

“Hello?!” He said, annoyed as the other person on the phone was not saying anything. He thought of his exes pulling pranks on him.

“Okay, I’ll hang up.”

“W-wait. Is this Kai?”

Noticing the slight lisp as the other person talk, he was excited, but he doesn’t want to expect much.

“Y-yeah. Kai’s speaking.”

“Thank God, I thought Kyungsoo Hyung’s playing prank on me.”

“And you are…?”

“oh, sorry. I’m not sure if you remember me, but I’m the guy that sat next to you during Japanese class.”

“Oh Sehun?” He was surely happy, he immediately got up from his bed, fanning himself with his hand as he can feel his insides were about to blew up. Kyungsoo gave his number to Sehun? What’s with that boy?

“Oh, you remembered..” a slight chuckle can be heard from the other side, making Kai felt somehow floating in the air. This is new, he thought.

“Off course I remember you. You’re cute.” Kai was sure he can hear the other boy chuckled happily on the other side. He must admit that he died a little hearing Sehun chuckling.

“Th-thanks. For the compliment. You’re handsome-oh wait, oh, I mean, you look great yourself.” Sehun stuttered. He was still nervous. To be honest, he dialled and cancelled the call for about 25 times right before he made up his mind to really call Kai.

“Kyungsoo gave you my number?’’

“I-I asked for it.”

“Why?”

Silence. Only Sehun’s nervous breathing can be heard on the phone. Sehun wasn’t sure what to tell Kai. He doesn’t want Kai to think of him as a stalker. But he was surely a stalker as he stalk Kyungsoo talking to Kai that afternoon. That’s what made him determined to ask Kai’s number from Kyungsoo.

“Sehun, are you still there?” ‘Oh God, what should I tell him? Tell him you want to be friends. No, no, no, tell him he got a nice smile. No, what am I talking about?! Oh no, just tell him the truth. No, he will think that I’m weird. what do I do now?!’ His brain was battling inside on what to tell to Kai. But then as he heard Kai called his name once again, he spilled it out. He confessed.

“I.. I kinda.. fell for you..”