What Time Is The Right Time?

EXPOSITION

*EunJung*

I had just arrived back in my room from testing but there were still many questions left unanswered. If I wanted them answered all I would have to do is say the word. But I was scared of what the news could be. I knew that whatever it was I should hear it alone.

There was another knock on the door followed by a nurse peeking her head around the corner.

"Ms. Jeon, your family is here to see you."

My mood immediately brightened.

"My baby!" I heard the all to familiar voice of my mother come into the room followed by my father. The nurse proceeded to close the door behind them.

They both ran up to me and began placing kisses all over my face. HyeBin stood off to the side with a smile.

"My baby! Oh my baby! I'm so glad you're alive!" she said with tears.

"Daijoubu?! Itai desu ka?!" my father asked in a rush.

(Are you alright?! Are you hurting?!)

"My chest just hurts. And talking hurts a little bit too."

"My poor darling!" My mother was being careful when trying to hug me but I could tell she wanted to squeeze me like no tomorrow.

"We thought we lost our beautiful EunJung." My father said while trying to hold his tears in.

I wrapped my arms around them as they hugged me. I was eternally thankful to have parents who cared about me this much. The four of us spent the next twenty minutes together before my mother alerted me of my other guests.

"By the way EunJung, Yukari and Haruka came. They were so worried they almost swam here!" my mother boasted.

"I want to see them." I said trying my best not to yell for the sake of my lungs but my voice was a rasp.

"But before you do, sweetheart, I have a question." my dad began.

"What is it dad?"

"That Taecyeon fellow. HyeBin told us he's your boyfriend. Is that true?"

"Yes, I love him so much, I really do dad." I said with as much emphasis as I could muster.

I watched as my dad sigh.

"Sweetheart, I really don't want to see you get hurt again." he said holding my hand.

"Daijoubu. Taecyeon isn't the same."

"Ah...well...I guess Yukari and Haruka can come see you now."

The three of them left out of the room and not even a second later my two best friends from Japan came running in.

We immediately began hugging each other, well, more like them hugging me because I couldn't move that much.

"I can't believe you got shot!" Haruka said.

"I knew you could handle anything, but this is a new one!" Yukari joked.

"I missed you guys." I tried to laugh.

"Hey hey! Don't use your voice so much! You can barely talk!" Yukari warned.

"So desu yo! You have to be careful." Haruka agreed.

So for the rest of the time Haruka and Yukari were telling me about school and the rest of our little group. How everyone was and how they all missed me. They also asked when or if I was coming back. I told them maybe after I graduated.

"Can I ask you guys something?" I whispered.

"What is it?" Yukari inquired.

"Yeah you know you can always tell us anything." backed Haruka.

"Well...the doctor has something important to tell me. But I told him to tell me whenever i'm ready. Whatever it is, it's probably gonna affect my health. I really wanna know, but i'm scared."

"Do you want us to be here with you when he tells you?"

"No, I want to be alone so no one has to worry even more if possible. Especially Taecyeon."

"Oh yeah, that Taecyeon guy. He's your boyfriend now?"

I nodded.

"No more Jin?" Yukari asked and Haruka elbowed her in the side. But I laughed...well...attempted to laugh without sounding like a dying dog.

"Jin is still an important friend I guess. But I love Taecyeon now." I smiled.

"Ah that's good. But anyway, I really think you should hurry and hear the news from the doctor. It's really serious, the longer you wait, I feel, the worse it'll be." Haruka explained.

"I guess I should right?"

They both nodded.

"Can you both go get Taecyeon, please?"

"Sure thing."

Yukari and Haruka left out the door and not to long after Taecyeon came in with a smile.

He took a seat next to me on my bed and kissed my forehead. I held his hand tightly.

"I'm really scared. The doctors have something to tell me. I don't know if i'm ready but I really need to hear it. It might cause me pain, but, I don't think I can wait any longer. I want to be alone when I hear it but...I just wanted you to know."

"EunJung, no matter what it is, I will always take care of you and I will always be here beside you." he kissed my hand.

"Thank you. That's all I needed to hear. Will you press the button and call for the doctor, please?"

"Of course."

Taecyeon pressed the button next to the bed and minute later and nurse came in.

Taecyeon pecked my lips before getting up and leaving.

I turned to the nurse.

"What is it, Ms. Jeon?"

I inhaled and slowly exhaled.

"I'm ready to hear it."

==================================================

What do you think the news will be?