Like a Softener

EXPOSITION

*EunJung*

That morning I woke up still just as tired. The last thing I wanted was to go to school today, but as much as I didn't want too I knew I had too.

I went about my morning routine as if I had no soul. Moving slowly with no emotion on my and not saying a word.

I got dressed and grabbed my things from my room before heading down stairs. I didn't bother even putting make-up on. Not to mention I skipped breakfast.

I managed to drag myself outside and into my car. I sighed heavily before I started it up and headed towards the school.

'Well I guess I'm infatuated with you then.' Taecyeon's words ran through my head as I drove to school.

'Is he really gonna treat me any different?' I thought to myself.

I arrived at the school and parked before getting out of my car and heading through the main gates. I quickly met up with Qri and HyoMin.

"How are you feeling?" HyoMin immediately asked.

"I'm fine. I think I just needed some rest. I'm good now." I smiled.

"You look a little different." Qri noticed.

"I don't have any make up on today."

"EunJung-ah!" A deep voice called from behind me. I quickly gave a name to that unique voice.

"Oh oppa!" I called and walked up to him.

"I'm sorry I missed your call last night. I was sleep. I didnt check my phone until this morning." he apologized scratching the back of his head.

"Don't worry about it. Its understandable. Sorry for calling you so early anyway." I smiled.

"Was it important?" he asked concerned.

"No. I just couldn't go to sleep, so I needed someone to call." I explained.

"Sorry I wasn't awake. If I had of been, then I would have answered for sure." he smiled.

"It's okay I know." I responded back with a smile.

RIIIING

"I guess its time to head to class. I'll walk you." SeungHyun offered.

"Araso." I smiled as we both strolled off into the building.

We arrived at the door the my first class and he turned to face to me.

"Have a great day EunJung." he smiled.

"I will, SeungHyun."

His next move surprised me but I didn't overreact. He swiftly kissed me on the cheek before turning and walking toward the direction of his class.

I stood there for a minute before blinking about five times and walking into the classroom I took my seat next to the window and put my hand over my cheek.

"Did SeungHyun walk you here?" HyoMin whispered to me.

"Yeah. And...he kissed me."

"He kissed you?" She whispered but her tone had risen a tad.

"It was on the cheek. It was out of the blue." I explained.

"How did you react?" she asked.

The truth was...I didn't react. How was I supposed to have reacted to that?

"I just stood there. He had already walked away right after he did it."

"He likes you."

"Yeah..."

"You should come over after school. You look like you need to talk to someone."

"Yeah that sounds fine. I really do."

>>>>>>>

The school day luckily went by faster than I could have hoped for. Every class was a breeze. My one class with Taecyeon was also tolerable. Though what surprised me is that he didn't even speak to me. Almost as if he was pretending I didn't exist. He also seemed to have a sadness in his eyes.

Pushing all of that aside, I walked outside and met up with HyoMin and Qri once more.

"How was class today? You still feel better, right?" Qri asked.

"Yeah, I feel fine." I replied with a smile.

The three of us continued to talk in the courtnyard until HyoMin noticed something.

"Yah, here comes Queen , EunJung. Heads up."

I turned around and saw that, sure enough, Yoona was making her way up to me with her posse behind her.

Yoona came and stood right infront of me.

"Can I help you?" I asked sarcastically.

Her face sneered up right before she raised her hand and brought it down right across the side of my face.

I stayed in the position that I had after she slapped me comtemplating what just happened.

'One. She approached me; Two. She slapped me; Three. I'm thinking.'

"That's what you deserve for taking Taecyeon away from me!" she shouted before she turned to walk away. The whole courtyard had grown silent as everyone watched the event occur.

My head came back up and look at her retreating figure.

'Does she not know me at all?' I thought.

I walked up to her and tapped her shoulder. She quickly turned around with a smirk on her face.

"What do-"

Before she could even get one sentence out, I hauled off and punched her as hard as I could dead in the center of her face. Twice. One in the nose. One in the eye.

Yoona fell back into the ground crying and holding her nose as it bled.

"If you even dare to approach me like that again, you won't have any more hands to slap with when I get through with you." I warned her.

I turned around and walked away as she withered in pain on the ground. Out the corner of my eye, I noticed Taecyeon standing by the gate looking in my direction.

He looked shocked and then his face softened before he turned and left outside the gate. I looked after him as he slowly disappeared out of sight.

"Yah! EunJung! That was badass!" Qri shouted as she ran up to me.

"I'll be damned if I take her ." I told them.

The three of us walked to the parking lot anf got ready to go to HyoMin's house.

'I wonder why Taecyeon is acting like that all of a sudden.' I thought.

====================================

Why IS Taecyeon acting this way??

I don't know!