Realization

EXPOSITION

*Qri*

I lied curled up in ball on my bed. My pillow was drenched in my tears. My eyes had incredible bags under them.

"He loves me..."

I had probably repeated those words over a million times in the past twenty-four hours.

"How could I treat him like this? He really wants to be with and I keep pushing him away."

Everything that we had been through together replayed itself in my head constantly; everything all the way up until yesterday.

'"I'm not gonna do that to you. Not until you're sure about your feelings for me. I want to leave you untouched until you love me as much as I love you."

Another round of tears began to make their way down my face.

My phone has been ringing off the hook almost all day, but I had refused to even look at it. I know that they are probably from EunJung and HyoMin. Yet somewhere in my heart I was hoping even one of them was from Nichkhun.

With just that small amount of hope, I got off my bed and grabbed my phone off of my dresser. I checked my phone and prayed that there was something awaiting me from Nichkhun.

+2 Missed Calls from IlbonJung+

+3 Missed Calls from Mouse Min+

+2 Texts from IlbonJung+

+2 Texts from Mouse Min+

I was devistated that his name wasn't there but with the last ounce of strength I had in my fingers, I went through my contacts and clicked 'cal'l on Nichkhun's name.

-Hey it's Nichkhun, can't reach my phone right now. Leave a message.-BEEP-

"Nichkhun-ah..." was all I said.

My heart beat slowed and became heavy. I held my phone at my side before it slid out of my hand and onto to the wooden floor. The phone clattered as the battery fell out the back of it.

I sank to the floor on my knees and put my hands over my face. I began to cry yet again but this time my heart was shattering in the process. It contracted strangely.

I held my chest and curled up on the floor next to my broken phone. More than anything I wanted Nichkhun to come and hold me.

*Nichkhun*

I lied sprawled out on my bedroom floor looking up at the ceiling fan as it spun and spun; just like my head.

I thought of nothing and no one else but JiHyun. My JiHyun. The women I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. Get married. Have kids. Grandkids. And part this world with.

Yet I couldn't even bring myself to call her. My heart hurt at the fact that I didn't have the courage to even see how she was. Why?

I didn't want to feel like I was pressuring her to accept me, no matter how much I love that woman.

'Listen Nichkhun; please just respect that I’m not ready to give my heart to anyone right now, okay? When I am, I will let you know......if you still care that much for me.'

"I will always love and care for you."

But I just couldn't help myself. I began to wonder if she had tried to call me.

'I doubt it. Why would she call me?'

I sat up and looked over at my phone sitting over on the nightstand.

I wouldn't have known if anyone had called me since it was turned off. I lazily got off the floor and dragged myself over to my nightstand before picking up my phone and pressing the power button.

Once it was on the missed calls and messages began to show up.

+2 Missed Calls from General Hwang+

+2 Missed Calls from Toothy Taec+

My heart skipped as I read the next message.

+1 Missed from My Love JiHyun+

+1 Voicemail from My Love JiHyun+

I looked at the time of the voicemail. It was received five minutes ago.

Faster than the speed of light, I immediately called my voicemail.

I anxiously awaited the voice of my JiHyun as the voicemail played.

+"Nichkhun-ah..."+

That was all she said before a loud clatter was heard and the message clicked. I quickly hung up and dialed her phone. It immediately went to voicemail. I called again; voicemail.

I began to panic as I threw on a jacket over my white tank, grabbed my keys and ran out of my house. In what seemed like less than two seconds I was speeding down the road to JiHyun's aunt's house.

I quickly arrived at her house and ran up to her door as soon I was out of the car. Her aunt's car wasn't there so I took the spare key that she kept in the plant next to her door and quickly opened the front door.

"JiHyun-ah! Where are you?!" I shouted.

The first place I ran was into her bedroom. The sight that I saw shattered me. JiHyun was lying on the floor seeming unconscious with her phone broken next to her.

I immediately dropped down and grabbed her upper half in a cradle position. I moved her hair from over her face; I shook her lightly and called her name.

"JiHyun-ah! Can you hear me?! It's Nichkhun! Nichkhun!"

I heard her groan slightly.

"JiHyun!" I shouted.

She slowly opened her eyes and look up at me.

"Nichkhun?" she called weakly.

"I'm right here. I'll always be here." I hugged her tightly.

She sat up and threw her arms around my neck pulling me closer to her. I wrapped my arms tightly around her back.

"Nichkhun, I am so sorry. I'm so sorry. Please forgive me. I'm sorry I couldn't understand your heart sooner. I am so sorry." she buried her head in my neck. I could feel her hot tears wetting me.

"JiHyun, I love you so much. I didn't want to rush your heart. I wanted you to take your time."

"I love you Nichkhun. I love you. I love you so much." she said crying mercilessly.

Soon I could feel my own tears running my face. The words I had yearned to hear for almost a year.

"Oh JiHyun. You don't know how long I've been waiting to hear you say that." I hugged her as tight as I could.

*Qri*

The only man I am able to trust in this world has proven himself once again.

I pulled away from him and put my hands on his shoulders. I knew I looked a mess but I didn't care.

I looked him dead in his eyes and with as much honesty and love for I him I could conjure up, I said once more.

"I love you so much Nichkhun." I said with my whole heart.

A single tear ran down his face as he breathed heavily. He cupped my cheeks and slowly pressed his lips against mine. The kiss was full of passion and love. Our lips were meant to be connected like this. Our lips were a perfect fit just like our souls.

I pulled away from Nichkhun and looked at him once more.

"Can I hear you say it again?" I asked.

He knew exactly what I was talking about.

"Lee JiHyun, I love you. I love you so much." he stated genuinely.

My heart swelled as tears ran down my face.

"I love you too, Nichkhun."

 

==============================================================

They've finally said the words. What will happen to our six main characters now?

 

~~

I'm updating this story at 4:00am =.= So tired.I don't know what time it is everywhere but ugh...

I really need to go to bed, but I couldn't resist posting this chapter anymore. Hope you all enjoy and don't be afraid to add me as a friend too if you're not already :))