...The Dead

EXPOSITION

*EunJung*

+9:04pm+

It was around nine o'clock when we finally arrived back at my house. It had seemed as if the cramps had gotten worse. I kept groaning the entire way to my house.

"Do you want me to stay with you?" Taecyeon offered while still rubbing my stomach. His warm hand made it more bearable.

"Aniyo. You told JinWoon you'd be back." I remembered. "Don't worry i'll be fine. I just need some medicine and I'll be knocked in no time." I assured.

"Are you sure?"

"I'm positive."

I leaned in and kissed him on his soft lips. He glady responded to my kiss.

"I'll see you later. I love you." he bid.

"I love you." I replied and his face before stepping out of the car and going into the house.

The first thing I did was go upstairs and take a fifteen minute shower and get changed into a pair black sweats and a pink T-shirt. I then went downstairs to the medicine cabinet to get my cramping medication. I opened the cabinet and noticed my bottle was missing. I moved everything out the way looking for but to no avail.

'HyeBin must have used my last few.'

I sighed before settling for some liquid sleep medicine. At least I would be too knocked out to feel the pain.

After taking the medicine I went back upstairs and got into bed. It was about twenty minutes before the medicine took affect and I slipped into a painless slumber.

>>>>>>>>>>>>

+2:31am+

"Ahhhh!" I lay tossing and turning being woken up by the pain in my stomach. I couldn't take it anymore. I had only gotten about five hours of sleep. I honestly thought about calling Taecyeon, but I couldn't bare to have him worry anymore nor wake him up. I collapsed on the floor holding my stomach.

"Ow!" I groaned as a single tear rolled down my cheek. I managed to pick myself off the floor and get to my feet. I grabbed my jacket off the chair and my car keys off the dresser. I made it downstairs and slipped on my flip flops before heading out the door.

I started my car and backed out in search of the nearest open corner store. All the ones near the house were closed which led me to going even further out the way.

The further I drove the more run down it looked. I started to turn around but the heavenly lights of an open conveinience store quickly diverted that path.

'Thank goodness.' I thought still rubbing my stomach.

I pulled in and parked in an open space. I turned off the ignition and stepped out. I looked around, I was defnitely on the wrong side of town. Other buildings had busted in windows and there were barely any cars even for it to be almost three in the morning.

I walked in the store and greeted the clerk whom was watching a loud action movie; probably to keep himself awake.

"Excuse me, do you have a bathroom?" I asked.

"Yes, it's right back there." he politely pointed.

"Thank you."

I went to the bathroom to check myself. Yet to my surprise there wasn't any blood. Another cramp hit my stomach. I had to hurry and get some medicine.

Suddenly I heard a loud bang, I got paranoid but then I remembered that clerk had his TV on that loud action movie.

"Now i'm going crazy." I looked in the mirror and I looked terrible. My face was pale my eyes had a tint of red.

I turned around and left out the bathroom and back to the main part of the store. But I was all of a sudden struck with fear as the two men in black saw me from the clerk's counter. This had to be the bad feeling that was in my stomach the whole time.

The clerk was nowhere to be found.

"Who the are you?!" the man shouted.

"Don't ask questions! Just kill the !" the other man shouted.

I couldn't process what to do at a fast enough rate as the front man held up his black gun and aimed for me.

My first instinct should have been to run but instead I put my hands up to show I was unarmed. However...it happened.

He pulled the trigger twice in my direction.

Once in my chest...

The other right below...

The bullets felt white hot in heat as they pierced through my body. My arms flailed as I collapsed to the ground. I felt my shirt soaking with my own blood. The pain was completely unebearable, but I couldn't find the breath to scream, it was as if I was suffocating.

Everyone flashed in my head, HyeBin, my parents, HyoMin, Qri, Nichkhun, Chansung, SeungHyun, JinWoon.

Taecyeon.

The last words I said to him. 'I love you.'

The noise of sirens began to surround the store. The sound of footsteps were everywhere.

The noise faded.

As did my vision. But my eyes didn't close. They stayed open.

My heart slowed.

My breathing stopped.

And the world turned black.

==============================================