STARCALL

I met my husband through STARCALL!

*Mr.Lee is such a drag* Samantha, or more well-known as Sam, fiddled with her phone, looking through all the latest apps during her history lesson.

"Please memorise all the details of Hitler's actions, we will have a mini pop quiz tomorrow. Now, flip to page 107 of your textbook.." Samantha scrolled down all the apps, until one caught her eye.

"Starcall..?" she tapped on the icon, and a summary of the functions of the app appeared. "your favourite Kpop idols will be able to video call you, real time!" her eyes re-read the line over and over again, until she got it processed through her thick skull.

"OMO! my idols could video call me?!" she squealed, and quickly typed in her password and started the download.

"Samantha? What is that under your desk..?" Mr.Lee strode towards her, and she quickly overturned her phone and pulled out her pencil case. "huh?" she pretended to look for a pen, and acted innocent. "what?"

Mr.Lee eyed her, and walked back to the front of the class. "nothing.. i was certain she had been using her phone.. ah, nevermind." Samantha smirked and gave herself a mental round of applause. *such a marvelous actress, good job sam!*

She grabbed her phone to check the download progress, but to her disappointment, the connection in her class was horrible, and the bar was hardly filling up.

The moment the bell rang, she jetted up to the rooftop garden, where the signal was the strongest. Within seconds, the Starcall icon lit up, and she jabbed it impatiently. "Yah, Sam! what are you doing here? you literally flew up here the moment history ended, what's with you!" Miko, her best friend appeared at the entrance of the garden, panting from trying to catch up with Samantha's superman speed. "what's up?" she peeked at Sam's phone. "star..call..?"

Sam quickly explained what the app was about as she entered her information and chose her favourite artistes. *JYJ!* She favourited the group, and slid her phone back into her pocket, a satisfied smirk plastered on her face. "Jaejoong oppa~ please call me!" she gushed, in an extremely good mood.

"Are you serious, Sam? You can just wait all day, and i bet they won't even bother to call. Besides, they charge you for every call y'know! did you even read the notices?!" Sam shot Miko a dirty look. "It doesn't matter how much it costs, as long as i get to see my future husband, everythings worth it!"

Miko rolled her eyes, and countered. "don't be delusional sam. He's all the way in Korea, you're in New York for god's sake! He doesn't even KNOW you exist! Much less marry you! Besides, you won't even be able to understand a word coming out from that mouth of his. Everything would be in Korean you ! PSH!" 

"i could always learn the language right..! you ." you whacked Miko lightly, and she scoffed. "whatever, bimbo. You know i make sense."

Samantha spent the remaining 20 minutes of her lunch break staring intently at her phone, not wanting to miss any call.

"they even allow you to send fanmail.." She muttered, scrutinising her phone. Miko rolled her eyes at her delusional friend and wolfed down her sandwich. "i'm still hungryyyy!" she whined. 

"shh. look!" Samantha stuck her phone in Miko's face. "what. fanmail? send them one if you want. I doubt they wouldn't even bother looking at them. They must receive millions of it daily, AND, they wouldn't understand what you're saying anyway. Why waste your time on those gay looking fags when you could love someone so much hotter like.. JUSTIN BIEBER." she commented dryly and tugged on Samantha's arm. "let's go, i don't want to be late for Chemistry!"

Sam grumbled at her friend's sarcasticness and trailed behind her, eyes still glued to her phone.

"Please collect the correct apparatus, and goggles for each of you!" Ms Tan instructed, as Samantha glanced at her lab partner. "You go get it." She was partnered up with Bernice, the class nerd. "n-neh~" she quickly shuffled off to get all the apparatus, as Sam continued to sit there, staring into space. It wasn't as bad as she thought, partnering up with the geeky looking kid, with ultra large specs and freckles covering her face. Considering she did all the work for Sam.

"please conduct the experiment now, you have 50 minutes." Ms Tan set the time, and the two of them got to work - Samantha instructing Bernice what to do, and Bernice following whatever Sam told her to.

Within half an hour, they had completed their experiment, and Samantha went back to daydreaming about her future husband. She watched as the solution turned from a mixture of blue and red samples to a calming purple colour. *i wonder if me and Jaejoong will have good chemistry in future.* she chortled softly. *ah, i'm hilarious.* "i bet we would make beautiful babies!" Samantha smirked.

"what?" Bernice stared at her. *oh damn, i just thought aloud didn't i?!* she mentally kicked herself and faked a smile. "nothing!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After school, Samantha and Miko strolled home together. Miko's parents had migrated to Korea to work, and had rented a room in Samantha's house so she wouldn't be lonely staying alone.

"so, anyone bothered to call yet?" Miko snickered, peeking at Sam's phone. "shut up." She huffed in response. *come on baby, call me!* she thought miserably, and sighed. "just give up already Sam! They will never-"

"ring ring!" Samantha gawked at her phone. *incoming call from JYJ*

She jabbed the "answer" button, and the two of them stopped in their tracks to see what was going to happen next.

The screen blurred, and suddenly, Jaejoong's face appeared on the screen. "KYAAAAA!!!!!!!" Samantha hyperventilated, shaking Miko's shoulders violently. "LOOK LOOK LOOK HE CALLED ME HE CALLED ME!" She clutched her phone tightly. "alright alright calm yo woman! i'm watching!"

"annyeonghaseyo! JYJ's Jaejoong imnida. This is the second time i'm using this app, and i'm getting used to the interface. JYJ is currently preparing for our comeback stage, please support us! Love JYJ alot! Thank you!" Jaejoong flashed a grin and the screen went blank. 

"OHMIGAHD, did you see his radiating iness? i can just melt!" Sam hopped around. "YAH! stop being such a bimbotic idiot. why the heck is he putting on makeup. Gay. Justin bieber looks hot WITHOUT Makeup. That guy's such a barbie doll." Miko guffawed.

Sam shot her a dirty look and grabbed her empty plastic bottle. "HOW DARE YOU INSULT MY FUTURE HUSBAND!" She started chasing after her, trying to whoop Miko's with the bottle. 

 

a/n: first chapter done! how is it? i'm bloody tired now, 1.30am in the morning and i have school tomorrow. ugh. Comment (: <3