Who Knows?

Get Even

Nicole P.O.V

 

 

"Hello? Anyone home?" I called as I knocked on the door. I heard a crash and then a bang before the door finally opened.

"Krystal's not here." Key said.

"What happened?" I asked and then poked my head in through the gap and saw the couch toppled over. "Nothing." He said sleepily before letting me in and walking towards the sofa. "Help me?"

"Only if you help me first." I said. Key sighed.

"Nicole, it's too early in the morning to make any deals now." He said. I rolled my eyes.

"You won't sell your soul to me or anything." I stated. Key looked at me for a moment and I thought he really did think he was going to sell his soul to me or something along those lines…

"Ok, what is it?" He asked.

"Alright, do you know what's going on with Krystal?" I asked him. Key shook his head. "She's helping two of the most evilest girls in the school break a guys heart. Only problem is this guy is my friend and I don't want him to get hurt, nor Krystal."

"And why should I care about what my cousin is doing?" Key asked. I walked to the other side of the couch and then helped him pick it up.

"Please Key, I'm the one asking you for help. I don't want Krystal or Minho to get hurt with this whole thing."

"Why me? What can I do?"

"All we need to do is stop Yuri, Yoona and Sulli from messing with Krystal's head. Please help me Key, I'll even pay you!" I begged him.

Key sat down on the now righted couch and looked at me. I was starting to get worried that he wouldn't agree, but eventually he nodded his head.

"Alright, I'll do it. But I have to warn you, my services aren't cheap!"

"Thank you Key!" I said and quickly hugged him before pulling away. "I, uh…"

"We'll pretend that didn't happen." He said.

"Yeah. Ok, do you have any ideas?"

"Well, first you're going to have to tell me everything, starting from the beginning."

"Uhm, ok. So it all started in gym class…"

 

xXxXx

 

"Nicole, what was so urgent?" Krystal asked me. I turned around in my seat; still drinking the smoothie Key had just given me.

"Just wanted to talk, find out how last night went." I said, leaning against the countertop. "That all?" Krystal asked. I just nodded and she looked at Key.

"Ok, I get the hint, but I work here you know." He said and then moved off to the other customers.

I patted the seat next to me, which Krystal then sat on. I crossed my leg and put my hands on my lap, trying to look business like. Krystal just gave me a weird look so I sat normally then.

"Last night was…" She started but then trailed off. "Well, uh…"

"You can be honest with me." I told her.

"Amazing!" She finally said. Hhm, just as I feared. "But that's good right, it means the plan is working?"

I looked at Krystal and I could tell she was worried now, worried that she wasn't messing this whole thing up. I couldn't comfort her because I couldn't let her know I would do anything in my power to make sure she stays with Minho, otherwise she wouldn't tell me anything.

"Uh, yeah sure. But remember the promise you made to me?" I asked.

"Nicole, I haven't fallen for him. Honestly, I could be the only girl in here who won't fall for Choi Minho." She said it with such determination that for a fraction of a moment I believed her.

But for like a split second.

"Then prove that to me then, 'cause here comes lover boy." I said and smiled innocently while Krystal glared at me. Hey, this would be so much fun if Minho didn't act like a jerk. Like maybe in some alternative reality the three of us could have been like best friends, which would make my job so much easier.

Yeah, like that'd ever happen anyways.

"Hey Krystal." Minho said as he walked towards us. Of course he completely forgot about me and I thought he was messing around, but he really wasn't. I noticed that once he'd spotted Krystal, he couldn't take his eyes off of her!

"Hey Minho." She said and spun around so fast that she knocked the smoothie out of my hand. Or she did it on purpose; I really hate karma sometimes.

"Oh no, it's fine. Forget the fact that the rest of my smoothie is now on the sand and that I won't go asking you to buy me a new one." I muttered, but Krystal hadn't heard me. I looked and saw she wasn't sitting on her seat but was standing next to Minho, the two of them talking softly to each other.

Minho had taken Krystal's hand and was holding it while he had his other wrapped around her waist, pulling her closer to him. Was it odd that I found this scene sweet and sickening at the same time? I mean, Minho is like a brother to me… I do not want to watch him kissing girls who happen to be my friend.

Yet it was so sweet because it was obvious that those two looked so cute together. And by the look on Minho's face, last night was a success too.

"So what's the plan then?" I heard Key ask me and I turned to face him. In his hands was a new smoothie. "On the house."

"Thanks." I said as I took it from him. I then looked back at Krystal and Minho who seemed oblivious to everyone else. It was amazing how quickly the plan was unravelling for Yuri, Yoona and Sulli, but I had a feeling they'd try to stop that once they found out.

And that was were Key and I come in. "Right now, we do nothing." I told him.

"You sure? Because here comes the other three." He said and I turned around to see Yuri, Yoona and Sulli walking down the boardwalk, straight towards Krystal and Minho.

"Oh crap." I said and then jumped off my chair again and ran towards them. "Hey guys! What are you doing down here at the beach?"

"Is that Krystal with Minho?" Yuri asked.

"Uh… what if it is?"

"Has she forgotten about our plan?" Yoona asked. "What is she doing with him anyways?"

I turned around and saw the two of them sitting down in my seat, but Krystal was sitting in Minho's lap now. He was holding onto her like his life depended on it.

"Uhm, I think it's called flirting." I said to the other three. "Why didn't she tell us she was meeting him down here?" Yuri asked, ignoring me now.

I rolled my eyes. "Because they just met here! Look, how about you guys go off and I go save Krystal and then you can talk to her." I lied.

Sulli looked at the other two who were busy glaring daggers at Krystal and then looked at me. "Nicole's right…"

"Keep quiet Sulli." Yoona hissed.

"Ok, tell Krystal we'll meet at her house in an hour. She better be there or else." Yuri said and then turned around and walked off. Yoona was unsure as to what to do, so she followed behind. Sulli smiled at me before following them.

I turned around and was getting prepared to go back and give Krystal the message, but she wasn't there.

Nor was my smoothie.

"Where'd they go?" I asked Key as I sat down back in my seat. "I think back to my house. Krystal saw you talking to the other three and then grabbed Minho and ran."

"And my smoothie?"

"Minho took it."

"I'll kill him later then." I said as I then picked up my bag. "Wait, give me your cell phone."

"Why?" He asked, but handed me his cell.

I quickly typed in my cell number. "So you can reach me if you see the others come back here. And for the future, in case we need to reach each other."

"Ok." Key said as I handed back his cell phone. I then turned around and headed towards the Krystal's house.

I wasn't mentally prepared for what I saw when I got there.

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Next chapter we'll (eventually) go back to Krystal. Though I don't know for how long, I may write a chapter in Minho's POV... though I may not. We'll see how things go. :)

 

Thank you so much for reading! Please write comment and subscribe! :)