When It Rains

Get Even

 

Nicole P.O.V

 

 

"You punched Yuri…"

"Yea, I know."

"You punched Yuri…"

"Yes, you've been saying that for the past hour now."

"I am so dead now. She's going to hunt me down and kill me… or my social life."

"Nicole, how is she going to do that if you don't have a social life?" I glared at Key and then punched him. "It's all because of you, so I suggest you don't irritate me right now." I said and then sat down on the couch. "Ok, there's an hour before the party… what are we going to do?"

"Remind me again why I'm helping you?" Key asked.

"Because apparently you care for Krystal, since you were the one to punch Yuri." I reminded him yet again. "You're not going to let that go, are you?"

"Nope."

"Thought so." I then got off the couch and started pacing. I could feel Key watching me, waiting for me to come up with something. Yuri wouldn't listen to reasoning, nor would Yoona… maybe Sulli.

"Nicole?" Key asked when I stopped pacing. I turned to look at Key.

"I may have an idea… it's a long shot, but it may just work."

 

xXxXx

 

"Nicole?" Minho asked as he spotted me. He then looked at Key. "What is he-"

"Long story, no time to explain. Have you seen Sulli?" I asked. We'd arrived to the party late, thanks to Key getting lost. He wouldn't listen to me when I was trying to give him directions, but he kept shouting 'No backseat driving!' which was strange because I was sitting in the passenger's seat…

"Uhm, no, I haven't. Why?" Minho asked me.

"Never mind, go and enjoy the party." I said and pushed him in one direction, then grabbed Key's arm and dragged him in the other direction. "Ok, that was a close call."

"Right…" Key said. "And how are we going to find Sulli?"

"No clue, just look for a girl with long brown hair." I told him and then started scanning the room. It was jammed pack with everyone from school, juniors and seniors. I had to jump to see over everyone. I didn't see Sulli anywhere.

"Nicole, Minho's coming back." Key said, tapping me on the shoulder. I turned and saw him walking towards us.

"Ok, maybe I can talk some sense into him so he doesn't believe the video. But you continue looking for Sulli." I told Key. He nodded and then got lost into the crowd of people.

"Nicole, why is Key here?" Minho asked as he reached me.

"I needed a lift." I said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"You… you didn't see Krystal before you left, did you?" He asked, looking hopeful. I sighed, this boy had it bad.

"Minho, I say this because I care for you." I said, placing my hands on his shoulders. I then hit him across the head. "You're an idiot."

"Ow." He said, rubbing the back of his head. "What was that for?"

"For acting like a jerk to Krystal this past week." I told him. "You only care for your image, don't you? Even though it's hurting you and Krystal!"

I then hit him again.

"Nicole, stop it!" He shouted. "Krystal broke up with me, ok? She was the one who doesn't like me."

"Because she didn't want to hurt you." I said through gritted teeth. Minho frowned. "Gosh. Ok, don't get mad or anything, but…"

I then proceeded to tell him everything that had happened since that fateful gym lesson. Minho's face stayed emotionless throughout the whole story until I got to the end.

"So you see, Krystal broke up with you because she likes you and didn't want to humiliate you in front of everyone here at your party and all." I finished.

"Huh?"

I sighed. "Ok, I'm going to make this simple. She like you." I said and nodded my head. Minho's eyes went wide. "Really?"

"No, everything I just said was made up." I said and then sighed in exasperation. "Yes, she does!"

I didn't expect what happened next, which was Minho turn around and run out of the room. I knew where he was headed, but I wasn't sure he'd find what he was looking for there.

"Nicole, they're on the stage!" I turned and sure enough, the three girls stood there. Two of them looking determined while the third looked worried and unsure. Which is the one thing I was looking for.

"Move out of my way!" I shouted over the music and pushed and shoved people out my way to make my way towards the stage. I looked behind me and Key was still following. It would not be a good idea to lose each other now in the crowd.

"Will you all be quiet?" Yoona shouted into the microphone. I pushed more people out of my way.

"Can you turn that music off?" I heard Yuri say into the microphone that she just stole from Yoona. The music stopped and I had made it, I was at the edge of the stage.

"Guys, you don't want to do this!" I shouted, trying to get up onto the stage.

"Why not Nicole? Don't you think everyone here deserves to know what Minho did to Krystal?" Yuri asked, looking to the crowd when she said that. We all heard murmuring, the girls were talking. The guys looked bored.

"Where's Minho?" One of them shouted. I shook my head at them all.

"Don't you think Minho is hurting as well? After everything that happened this week, don't you think you hurt him too? But wasn't that your plan from the beginning? Sulli?" I turned to the third girl. She looked up at me. "Don't do this, help me go and save both Minho and Krystal."

That's about the time someone threw cake at us.

 Yuri and Yoona screamed, Key ducked and the cake missed him. Sulli and I looked at each other and then burst out laughing before taking some of the cake off of ourselves and smearing it all on Yuri and Yoona.

"I think I'll be taking this." Sulli said and walked over to the computer. She took out the CD and snapped it. Yuri and Yoona didn't notice since everyone was laughing at them as they tried to make their way off stage.

"Did the plan work?" Key asked from the ground. He then looked up at me. "Yep." I said and then stuffed cake into his mouth.

 

Krystal P.O.V

 

"How'd it go?" Daddy asked me in the car ride home.

"Good I think. Jason said he'd phone you in a couple of day's time." I told him. Dad smiled and I turned to look out the window. I didn't exactly want to talk about the audition; I thought it had gone terrible. I don't think I should have written that song…

I regretted it even more when we pulled up into our driveway and sitting on the front steps was Minho.

"Want me to chase him away?" Dad asked me as he got ready to get out the car.

"No, it's ok. I can handle this." I said to dad, knowing exactly what he wanted to do. Daddy nodded and got out the car, me following him. Minho stood up and walked towards me while dad went inside, but he kept watching Minho and I had a feeling he would be watching us through the window too.

"Nicole told me everything." He said. I froze. "Wh-what?" I asked.

"She told me what happened that day in the gym class. The whole thing with Yuri, Yoona and Sulli." Minho explained. "And I'm not mad at you."

"Why not Minho?" I asked, shocked.

"Because I know you Krystal, you didn't want to do it in the end. Nicole explained that to me too, why you broke up with me in the first place."

I shook my head. "No Minho, I know what you're trying to do-"

He continued as if I hadn't spoken. "Krystal, can't we start over? Pretend that this week hadn't happened?"

I stopped trying to talk. How could I do that, after the way he treated me? However I didn't feel like shouting and screaming at him and telling him to stay out of my life. I felt the exact opposite, and it scared me.

"Soojung? Will you be my girlfriend again?" He asked when I hadn't said anything.

"I… I don't know." I muttered. The smile on his face faded.

"Soojung, are you…"

He never finished his sentence because I ran past him and inside the house, slamming the door. I heard my dad call out to me, but I ignored him. I ran up the stairs to my room and locked that door too. I dived into my bed and started crying.

 

I had totally screwed everything up.

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________

 

Don't worry, there's still a couple of chapters left... In the next chapter i'm going to use a poem from movie! :D I'm so bad at giving hints! Oh well... you'll find out next chapter anyways.

I'm still deciding if my next fanfic should be Minstal too, but i don't know maybe rated? :D Please write comment of your opinion and of course of this story too! Than you so much for reading! :)