7 Things

Get Even

 

Krystal P.O.V

 

 

"What am I supposed to do?" I asked Nicole.

"You're an idiot."

"Yes, I know that. You've told me that for the last five minutes."

"You're an idiot."

"This isn't helping!"

"Good, because you totally messed things up!" Nicole screeched and then walked over to my cupboard and then started looking at all my clothes.

"What are you doing now?" I asked her.

"Trying to see if you have shoes worth stealing." She called from the cupboard. I sighed and rolled my eyes"Nicole, what was I supposed to do last night?" I asked. "He caught me off guard… he said he wasn't mad at me!"

"Like I said Jung Soojung, you are an idiot." Nicole said as she emerged from my cupboard. "But that was a good thing that he forgave you. Now can you forgive him?"

I looked up at her and frowned. "Huh?"

"I think the only reason you don't want to get back together with him is because the way he treated you last week."

"Yet I'm still an idiot."

"Yes, because you could have said something! But no, you just run off and leave him there all confused."

I looked at my bedside table and then grabbed the notebook. "Nicole, I wrote a song about him that I played at the auditions yesterday."

"Ooh, let me see." She said and grabbed the book. "What's the name of the song?"

"Seven things." I said.

Lilly read the lyrics and then looked up at me. "You need to play this song for me sometime."

"I will. But isn't that closure enough?"

"Apparently not." Nicole said, tossing the book back. "Maybe you should write more."

"Another song?" I asked her. She just shrugged.

"Or a poem."

When she said that I remembered the English assignment that was due for tomorrow. I looked at Nicole who just smiled sweetly at me.

"You're good."

"I know."

 

xXxXx

 

I got into English late, but that was because Nicole was talking too long so I had to ditch her. As I got in class had already started and I spotted Minho sitting at the back of the class, though he wasn't talking to anyone, not even his friends.

"Miss Jung, so nice of you to join us." Our teacher said as I took my seat.

"Sorry I'm late." I said.

"Well then, since no one else wants to start, I think you should read us your poem or short story to the class then." He said and walked to his desk and sat down. I took my notebook out of my bag and flipped to the last page where I had written the poem. I got out my chair and turned to face the class, but I looked over at Minho, who was looking at me now.

"I wrote a poem." I told the class. I then took a deep breath and started.

 

"I hate the way you talk to me

And the way you cut your hair

I hate the way you drive my car

I hate it when you stare

 

I hate your big dumb combat boots

And the way you read my mind

I hate you so much that it makes me sick

It even makes me rhyme

 

I hate the way you're always right

I hate it when you lie

I hate it when you make me laugh

Even worse when you make me cry

 

I hate the way you're not around

And the fact that you didn't call

But mostly I hate the way I don't hate you

Not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all." I read the poem, all the while looking at Minho. I had it memorized already, so I really didn't need the notebook at all. The class clapped for me as I finished and I took my seat.

The rest of the lesson was pretty boring. I could feel Minho's gaze on me for the remainder of the lesson and when the bell went I took my time leaving, because I wasn't sure if I wanted to face him straight away. But as I left the class, he caught me.

"That was a good poem." He said. I stopped walking and looked at him.

"Well, I had some help." I admitted.

"You're a good writer."

"Well, I do write songs."

"Right, I remembered that."

I stood there looking at him. This was weird, there was something he wanted to say but I think he wasn't sure how to say it.

"Look, Minho. Last week you treated me like dirt and it hurt." I said. "I… I hadn't forgiven you yet, even though I wrote a song about it, but Nicole helped me see the truth and I wrote this poem to tell you that I don't hate you and that I am willing to forgive you, if you will forgive me for being an idiot and running off on you on Saturday." I was babbling and I wasn't sure if Minho understood what I was saying.

"I'm sorry." He said when I stopped talking. "About everything I did to you."

I sighed and smiled. "And I'm sorry too. Friends?" I asked, holding out my hands. He looked at my hand before he shook it.

"Friends."

 

xXxXx

 

"Jung Soojung… no words can describe how mad I am at you!"

"You're going to call me an idiot again, aren't you?"

"No, you're surpassed the rank of an idiot. You are now the Supreme Lord of all things Idiotic and Stupid! Or the female version of that… but that's not important right now."

"Nicole! Just… stop it, ok?" I shouted, which took Nicole by surprise. "This is my life, not yours. I'm sorry I seem to be messing things up for you, but maybe it's for the best."

"But you like him, and he likes you!" Nicole argued as I walked away from her. She then jumped off the stool, everyone there now watching our fight. "Why couldn't you just ask him out again?"

"Nicole, just drop it." I said.

"I don't understand either of you two. Minho is also the Supreme Lord of all things Idiotic and Stupid! See, made for each other!"

"Nicole…"

"Ok, ok. I will stop it." She mumbled as we walked into my house. My dad was on the phone in the kitchen, so I walked over to him.

"Yes… uh huh. There are just some things that I want to discuss with you… yeah. I'll be there now. Bye Jason." I heard dad say into the phone and then hang up.

"Was that Jason from the studio?" I asked him. Dad nodded. "And…?"

"Well, seems like you impressed Jason. I have to go down and talk to him to set up another audition for you and if you nail that one, I think your dream will come true."

"Wow." Nicole said from behind me. "Krystal, idol!"

I turned around to look at Nicole. "It's not definite yet if I've got a deal, so I'm not getting my hopes up."

"Like I shouldn't get my hopes up about you and Minho?" Nicole asked me. I looked at dad who wasn't paying attention to our conversation, he was getting read to leave the house.

"Why are you so insistent that I be with Minho?" I asked Nicole as I walked up the stairs. "Just stop pushing us!"

"Because you like him too much to be happy! Krystal, you guys are friends but you want to be more. You haven't spoken to him since this morning, have you?" Nicole asked me.

"Yea I have." I lied. Nicole knew I was lying though.

"No, you haven't. And I'm pretty sure he still likes you too. You even say how you feel in your song!"

I turned to Nicole. She was right about everything involving Minho and I… made me wonder what she did in her free time.

 

"Ok, how do you propose I get him to take me back?"

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Sorry, I meant to update for the past couple of days, but life has caught up with me and I just didn't feel like it. Uhm yeah, not going to bore you with that so moving right along... 

I have a feeling I could very well end the whole thing next chapter, or make an epilogue with a possible sequel... I have an idea, not sure if it's a good one.

You can guess in which movie was that poem :D but i feel that you already know! :D

Thank you so much for reading, please write comment! :)