Lies

Get Even

 

Krystal P.O.V

 

 

"Are you sure you're ok?"Nicole asked me Monday morning.

"Yeah, sure, why wouldn't I be fine?" I snapped at her. Nicole just put her hands up in defense. "Just asking."

"Look… I need to know what they're doing so I'm prepared." I said to her. "Krystal, I can't. Just trust me, ok?"

"Nicole." I gave her a pleading look. She then stopped walking and looked like she was going to tell me…

"It's for your own good." She said and walked off. I groaned in frustration and stormed off to my locker. I was really mad now and didn't notice Minho standing by his locker. So I guess he was surprised when I slammed my locker door onto his one.

"You ok Krystal?" He asked. "Yeah sure, I'm fine!" I said, grabbing some random book and shoving it in my bag. "You don't look fine…"

"I am!" I snapped at him. I turned to look at Minho, but he looked hurt now and I felt really bad. "Minho…"

He didn't listen to me, just closed his locker and walked off. I groaned in frustration and I was about to bang my head against my locker when Yuri, Yoona and Sulli showed up.

"Krystal, we need to talk to you." Yuri said. I nodded and closed my locker door and followed them to the girl's bathroom. Yoona and Yuri chased some freshman girls out of the bathroom before forming a circle around me.

"It's Minho's birthday on Saturday." Yoona started. "And we have a plan to sabotage him there." Yuri added.

I blinked at them. "Wait, what?"

"Public humiliation Krystal. You are going to dump him there and we also have a little surprise of our own." Yoona said and smiled smugly.

I looked at the two of them and then turned to Sulli. She was looking everywhere but me. Was she even capable of doing this? Maybe so…

"Ok, so in front of his friends, I have to dump him?" I asked, just to clarify my part. "Yes, then leave everything else to us." Yuri said. The bell then went and the three then left me standing there.

What the hell did I get myself into?

 

xXxXx

 

"Daddy!"

"I'm right here." I looked around and saw my dad sitting in front of the TV playing one of Key's video games. I ran over to him, throwing my bag down on the ground by the couch.

"Dad, I need some help." I started, but he wasn't paying attention. I rolled my eyes as he kept his eyes glued to the screen and then I walked over to the console and unplugged it.

"Hey!" He protested. "Dad, I really need your help." I said again.

"Soojung, what is it?" He asked, now becoming concerned for me. So I told him everything, about the plan, about how I wasn't supposed to fall for Minho but did. And what I was supposed to do at his party.

By the time I finished telling him everything, I'd started crying. Dad put an arm around me and gave me a hug and waited until I calmed down before saying anything.

"Well bud, there's only one thing for you to do." He said. "What?" I asked him.

"Tell Minho the truth. You don't want to hurt the boy and he needs to know what's coming, because even if you refuse you said so yourself the girls would still go ahead with whatever plan it is." He said and wiped away my tears.

"I can't dad! He'll hate me." I moaned. "Soojung, if he really likes you as much as you like him, maybe he'll forgive you. But you can't continue like this."

"Dad…"

"Soojung, tell him. If things don't work out between you two, then it was never meant to be. Maybe you should concentrate on your music then."

I looked up at my dad, confused. "Why?"

"Because I got you an audition."

 

xXxXx

 

It's surprising how most things happen down at the beach. After the talk with my dad, I decided I needed to get out. I didn't know where to go, I was planning to just go out and seeing if I could find Nicole there, but for some reason I knew she'd be down at the beach.

And she was. She was talking to Key and it didn't look like she was telling him what she wanted to order. Was I missing something here?

And of course Yuri was there, coming up from the beach with a flock of guys following her. Why would she want Minho  when she has so many other admirers?

I then spotted Yoona, sitting with her friend. They were drinking smoothies and talking about something. I think it was something fashion related because they kept pointing to other people's clothes and laughing at them.

Then there was Sulli, who looked reasonably happy. She was doing a beach clean up and saying hi to everyone she met. How could she let Yoona and Yuri use her like that when she is so nice?

And then, sitting at a table by himself, was Minho. I shook my head at him and then walked towards his table and sat across from him.

"Why are you wearing combat boots at the beach?" I asked him. "I actually don't know. I didn't even know I still had them." He said and shrugged. I then looked at everything else that he was wearing.

"Ok, what's wrong? Your shirt is inside out and does not match those pants." I said.

"I wasn't paying attention when I was getting changed."

"Minho… I'm sorry that I snapped at you earlier today." I said. He smiled at me and then took my hand.

"It's ok Soojung." He said. I then felt sick; I really couldn't do this anymore…

But how do I tell him?

"Krystal, you ok?" He asked. "Yeah, sure. Never been better." Lie.

"Ok. You sure?"

"Yep." Lie.

"Hey guys!" Nicole said as she sat down on the third empty chair. I felt a rush of relief now that she had joined us.

"Hey Nicole." I said and looked over at Minho. He was glaring at Nicole; he obviously didn't want her here. "Krystal, can I talk to you quickly?" She asked. I nodded and looked at Oliver. He continued to glare at Nicole, but let go of my hand and let me get up off the chair and follow him.

"Tell him!"

"No!"

"Do you both want to get hurt here?"

"Did you speak with my dad?"

"Maybe…"

"Nicole!"

"Sorry Krystal, but he's right. If you don't want to hurt Minho, then tell him."

I shook my head. "No… I can't do that. He'll hate me!"

"He'll hate you even more when he sees what the others have planned."

"Nicole, tell me what they're doing."

"Nope, not gonna do that until you tell him the truth." Nicole said and crossed her arms. "Fine… then I'll beat them to it." I said. The smug smile that was on Nicole's face disappeared.

"What are you going to do?"

"Lie." I said to her. "Krystal, no. Remember what you promise me?"

"That was before this whole thing became too complicated." I said and turned around and walked back to Minho. He smiled at me as I took my seat.

I sighed. I had to prepare myself to do a lot of lying now.

 

______________________________________________________________________________

 

Alright... so next chapter will follow straight after this. No promises, but I'll try and get it up very soon. :) I already know what the chapter's title is. :D So please comment and subscribe! :)