Met This Girl

Get Even

 

Krystal P.O.V

 

I hadn't seen Minho since that morning, due to the fact that we didn't have class together. Until science came along and I saw him sitting in the back with some of his friends. He wasn't looking at me and I was worried that maybe the whole plan wasn't working.

But I didn't need to worry, because he came looking for me later. Our teacher gave us an assignment to do in pairs and said we should work with the person sitting next to us. I was, however, sitting next to no one so Minho volunteered to be my lab partner.

Which is how we ended up sitting next to each other. I guess it was a bit awkward at first because I didn't know what to say, so I went ahead and got everything ready.

"Do you know what you're doing?" He asked.

"Yeah, I was paying attention."

"Are you implying that I wasn't?" He asked. I looked over at him.

"I heard you talking at the back of the classroom." I pointed out. He just shrugged.

"Alright, I'll pay more attention in class then."

"I'd like to see that." I said and then sat back in my chair. "Why are you taking this class if you don't understand it?"

"Who says I don't understand it?" Minho asked as he picked up his textbook and read what we were supposed to do. He then looked at me. "There's a lot you don't know about me Soojung."

For a moment I thought he knew, I thought he'd figured out what my whole plan was. But turned out that wasn't the case. "I heard you and Nicole talking. You only got the one side of the story."

"Hold up." I said. "We aren't talking about you here, we're doing our science project. And honestly, it doesn't matter to me if you aren't friends with Nicole anymore."

"Really?" He asked surprised. I nodded and he smiled and then knocked over something. It fell onto his pants and he jumped up.

"It's ok, it was just water." I said as I looked at the beaker, which is what he had knocked over, that was full of water the teacher had given us.

"I think I'm going to have to go clean this up then." He said, but then looked back at me. "We can finish this talk later, like after school? Meet you at the beach?"

That was it, my queue to say no to this date. That's what they'd told me to say. "Yeah, sure."

"Great. And sorry I'm ditching you…"

"It's ok, I understand." I said and turned back to our work as he left the class. Though once he left I couldn't help but burst into laughter and caused a few people to look at me.

 

xXxXx

 

"You did what? Were you not paying attention to us yesterday!" Yuri shouted.

"Were you not listening to me this morning?" Yoona yelled. "Sorry, I just forgot." I admitted.

"Guys, clam down. This is good, it means we can continue onto the next part, right?" Sulli asked. I looked at the other two who looked really mad.

"Yes, but we have limited time now." Yuri said. "How are we going to get you ready in time?"

"We're just going to the beach to talk." I said.

"Minho doesn't do talking." Yoona said. "There might be a bit of talking at first, but soon you'll be-"

"Alright, alright." Yuri interrupted. "I don't want to know what happens when you and Minho 'talk', but with me we actually spoke to one another."

"Are you saying I'm easy?" Yoona asked. I groaned, I could just see the fight happening right in front of me. "Will you just stop, it isn't helping the situation." Sulli intervened.

"Ok, so this is what happens Krystal. No kissing at all while you're at the beach. Even if he tries to make a move, you stop it. We'll be around to watch you and just leave him if you need help from one of us." Yuri said.

"Is that all then?" I asked.

"Look Krystal, we're your friends now. You can trust us." Yoona said. Somehow I didn't believe her.

 

xXxXx

 

"So you're meeting him at the beach then?" Nicole asked as we walked.

"Yep."

"That doesn't explain why Key couldn't pick us up."

"I told you, he's busy. He phoned to say he was working."

"Cool! What's his job then?"

"He didn't exactly tell me. But Nicole, this isn't about Key!"

"Right, it's about the fact that we're both juniors and don't even have wheels of our own!"

"No, it's not that either."

"Oh, yeah, right. I knew that."

"You're avoiding the topic, aren't you?"

"Sorry, but I told you why!" She said and stopped. "Krystal, why did you agree to doing this then? Minho didn't do anything to you and you didn't know about our history when you agreed to help them."

"It's Sulli. She's not like Yuri and Yoona; she won't get over this easily. She might think that what we are doing is going to help her and maybe it is, but I think Minho deserves to know what it feels like when someone you really like just leaves you."

"Wow, that's deep." Nicole said. "Ok, thanks for being honest with me. I promise I won't try and mess anything up to protect you or Minho. Now you must promise me something."

"What?"

"Promise me if you do fall for Minho that you'll leave their stupid scheme and be happy."

"I won't fall for him."

"Krystal, just promise me."

I sighed. "Alright, I promise."

"Thank you! Now I leave you to go home, so good luck I guess."

"Thanks." I said. I then turned towards the boardwalk that led me down to a little shop on the beach. I looked around for Yuri, Yoona or Sulli, but didn't see any of them. I did get a shock when I got down to the beach. Minho was there talking to the guy behind the counter who so happened to be Key.

I really hate my cousin now. Why, out of all the available jobs, did he have to get the one at the shop here? Where I was going to be meeting Minho? Why must the world be so cruel?

I froze and stood there with wide eyes as I watched them. Then Minho noticed me and waved to me. Snapping out of it, I waved back and walked down towards him, glaring at Key.

"So you finally made it." Minho said. "I was wondering if you weren't going to come."

"I was just walking with Nicole." I said, not looking at Key. "I haven't been there in a while…" Minho said, then got up off the chair and grabbed my hand. "Come with me."

"Ok." I said, but took my hand out of his hold. I followed him as he walked down to the beach. I looked behind me at Key who wasn't paying attention to me now. Girls were now on the beach. Right, I should have known.

"Ok, so what did Nicole tell you about me then?" He asked as we reached the shoreline now.

"Uhm, well she just told me that you two were best friends before you became popular." I said. "Minho, it doesn't matter what I think about you."

"Really?" He asked, a little bit surprised.

"Yeah."

"Cool. Wait." He said and grabbed my arm. "Lets sit here."

"Uh, all right." I said as we sat down on the sand. It was a little weird and awkward at first, though all Minho wanted to talk about was himself at first. When that did happen I wanted to scream, because I don't like guys who just talk about themselves.

Then he surprised me. "Tell me about yourself then." He suddenly said. "What?" I asked and looked at him like I was a complete idiot. "You're not from here."

"San Francisco."

"Right. So what's it like there?"

"Oh, it was… well, to be honest it was normal. I haven't actually been back in San Francisco since my mother died." I looked away from Minho and out towards the sea. He was silent for a moment and I realized I'd just told him something very personal that only Nicole knew.

"You don't have to feel sorry for me or anything." I then said. Again, there was a silence. "Ok, I'll just shut up now."

"No, it's ok." Minho said. I looked over at him, but he wasn't looking at me. I sighed and then stood up.

"I should go now, I have homework to do and everything." I said. He then stood up and grabbed my hand. "I'll walk you home." He offered. I looked around and spotted Yuri and Yoona hiding in the bushes, both shaking their heads.

"Uh, no, it's ok. See you in school tomorrow." I said and let go of his hand. I quickly walked away from him  when I ran into Sulli, the other two right behind me.

"What were you talking about?" Yuri asked. "Yeah, we can't help you if we don't know what's going on." Yoona added.

"We could put a microphone on Krystal, then we can hear what they are saying." Sulli replied.

"What, hold on guys." I said. "Why do you need to listen on us?"

"To make sure you don't do something wrong. We're going to need to give you an ear piece as well so you say what we tell you to." Yuri said. "Alright, for the rest of the week ignore Minho. Once we have everything ready for you, you can go on your first official date."

"But I-" It was no use anyways. The girls walked off, talking and planning with each other, just leaving me by myself. So I did what I told Minho I was going to do, I went home and did my homework. Though I couldn't stop thinking about him for the rest of the day.

 

Was I starting to get in too deep?

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hhm... I don't have much to say... which is weird.

Uh... yeah, I'm coming up blank here. Hope you liked it and please, leave me a comment! :)