He Said, She Said

Get Even

 

Krystal P.O.V

 

I followed their advice. I completely ignored Minho for the rest of the week. He tried to talk to me when I reached my locker Tuesday morning, but told him I was busy and had to go. I kept doing that for the rest of the week.

Till we had science again. We had to work with our lab partners and mine was still Minho. He sat next to me now and I was surprised to learn he did pay attention in class. I didn't speak to him at all and then started to get worried when he gave up trying to make conversation with me.

I didn't need to worry too much because today we had to work together on an experiment now. Our science teacher explained everything to us and then left us to our own devices.

"So Krystal, what do we start with first?" Minho asked me, not looking at me. His face was turned down to look at his book.

"Alright, well first we have to set up our experiment." I said.

Minho nodded and got up to fetch our equipment from the supply cupboard. Only when he left did I realize that I was actually nervous, my heart was beating rapidly and I had to try and calm it down.

"Is this all we need?" He asked me and placed down containers that held the chemicals that we would be working with along with the test tubes and a stand.

"Yeah." I said and took the stand with the test tubes out of his hands. His hand brushed against mine and I had to quickly pull my hands back, my cheeks were now heating up.

Minho just stood there, looking confused. "Krystal, have you been avoiding me?" He suddenly asked.

"Uh, no why?" I replied, trying my best not to look at him. Instead I started to work on our experiment. "Because it just seems like you have been."

"Well, I haven't. Now could you help me with this?"

"Then if you're not avoiding me, would you go out with me?" I paused with what I was doing and turned to look at him.

"What?"

"Would you go out with me? Tonight, since it's Friday?" He asked.

"I… uh…" I wasn't sure on how to reply to that. Was I supposed to say yes, or keep on declining?

"Please?" He asked me. That's when something in my brain snapped.

"Ok." I said and then dropped what I was holding in my hand into the wrong test tube, creating an explosion.

 

xXxXx

 

"Dad, I'm fine, really." I said pushing my father away from me. "Can we just go home now?"

"Why weren't you paying attention to what you were doing?" He asked me. I sighed as I hopped off the hospital bed and followed him out the door.

"I was distracted." No need to say what exactly distracted me… thank god he didn't get hurt or else it would make our date tonight very awkward.

" You have to concentrate on your school work." Dad said as we left the hospital then.

"Why? Why can't I be what i want, live-"

"No Soojung." He interrupted me. "There's a one in a million chance of you ever getting signed."

"I'll take those chances then." I muttered. Dad just laughed at me. "Soojung, I want what's best for you. But I know the long and difficult road it is and I don't want you to have to go through with that."

I sighed. Dad always brought this up when I brought up the fact that all I wanted to do was sing. I knew I had a good voice; I'd entered some singing competitions and won. I also write some of my own songs; just I never show them to anyone.

"Ok dad." I said as we got into the car. The car ride home was pretty silent, because now I was faced with the problem of asking dad if I could go out tonight with Minho. After what happened today, I have a feeling he wouldn't want me to go out.

Turned out I didn't have to worry much. We got home and found the house was a mess. Dad was so angry at Key and telling him off that he didn't pay attention when I asked him. And he said yes.

And now here I sit, outside on my porch as I wait for Minho to arrive. I had purposefully turned my cell phone off so the others can't contact me. However that didn't stop them from coming around to my house.

"We heard about the date. Why didn't you tell us?" Yuri asked as they walked up my driveway towards me. "I forgot?"

"Well, don't forget next time. Here put this on." Yoona said and shoved something into my hand. I looked at it and then realized what it was.

"You're going to listen in on our date?" I asked. Yuri sighed, grabbed the microphone out of my hand and then pinned it to my shirt.

"Yeah, pretty much." She said. "Now we'll know if we have to intervene in case you screw up."

"Thanks." I muttered and then stood up. I then noticed someone else walking up our driveway now. "And here he comes, so I suggest you better go now!"

They were actually very reluctant to leave me by myself, but did and ran off into the bushes. I straightened out my skirt and then walked down the steps so I met Minho halfway down my driveway.

"Hey Krystal. Glad you could still come, even after what happened today in science." He said.

I laughed. "Oh yeah. Are you all right though? I mean I was taken out of that room so fast I wasn't sure what happened to you."

"I'm fine. I'm not horribly disfigured or anything." He said and shrugged. He then took my hand and led me down the boardwalk. "Where are we going?" I asked him.

"A friend of mine is having a party down at the beach." He said and then pulled me closer to him and put his arm around my waist.

I gave him a nervous smile as we continued down to the beach, not knowing what to expect.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Well, this chapter is short, that's why i update another one right now... hope you like it! Thank you for reading! :)