When I'm Gone

Get Even

 

Krystal P.O.V

 

School was weird for the rest of the week. I found it really hard to avoid everyone, especially Minho. Tuesday morning came and I was dreading going to my locker, so I tried to take my time here. I walked slowly down the hallways, but then saw Nicole heading my way so I sped up.

He was there, waiting for me because he was leaning against my locker. I got a feeling he'd reverted back to the old Minho, the one who was a ladies man and had any girl he wanted.

Except me.

He heard me coming and stood away from my locker, allowing me to get to it. We said nothing as I opened it and took some books out. I then closed the locker, looked at him and then turned around to walk away.

"Why?"

"Why what?" I asked, turning to face him. He looked puzzled now. "How could you possibly be the only girl in the whole school not to like me?" He asked.

I sighed and didn't answer him. Just then a whole group of guys came and his expression changed.

"Sorry Krystal, but it's over." He said to me and walked off with them. Some guys gave him high fives, while I stood there shocked.

What just happened?

"That would be the fake Minho." A voice said from behind me. I turned to see Sulli there. "That's the kind of guy he always is. But if you haven't noticed, since you came along he's been acting different."

"Good different I'm guessing." I said. She smiled at me and nodded.

"Krystal, I'm sorry the other two have been messing around with you. And I'm sorry that things ended this way with you and Minho, but maybe it is for the best. It takes a lot to change a person." She said.

I looked behind me at Minho and then back at Sulli. "I guess so."

 

xXxXx

 

"Key, shut up!"

"Make me!"

"DAD!"

"What now?" Dad asked when he came out of his room and looked at Key and I fighting in the hallway.

"Dad, I'm trying to do my homework here but Jackson won't shut his music off." I complained. "Sorry Krystal, but why don't you just do your homework downstairs then?"

"Why can't I just trade you in for a dog!" I shouted at him. "The dog would be cleaner then you!"

"Hey!"

"Will you two please stop it?" Dad said. "Now Key, turn your music down because Krystal is trying to work."

I gave Key a smug look as he went back into his room and the music was then turned down. Dad then walked away, muttering something under his breath and I went back to my room.

I sat down at my desk and looked down at my maths homework I had to do. I was not in the mood to do this now, not with my mind on other things. I was thinking about what Sulli said to me.

I turned my chair around and looked at my room. The walls were bare, I hadn't gotten around to putting up any pictures yet of my old friends. Or take pictures of my new friends.

Those being Nicole and Minho.

I sighed and then my eyes landed on my guitar. I then looked back down at my notebook. My maths homework could wait…

 

xXxXx

 

Wednesday was worse.Nicole figured out I was avoiding her, so she was avoiding me. We sat on opposite sides in the class and didn't say hi to each other in the hallways if we passed each other. And it was killing me.

Yuri and Yoona were pleased that Minho and I weren't together anymore. They said this was working out perfectly and that it would be less embarrassment for me at the party.

Which wasn't saying much because now rumours were circulating about me and Minho, like what we got up to. I couldn't believe it though, but I knew it wasn't Minho who started it because though it was making him popular with the guys, the girls seemed to be avoiding him.

And me.

The only person who tried to talk to me is Choi Siwon. He came up to me on the way home and asked if I wanted a lift. Minho was standing close by so I accepted. I saw him glare at Siwon, which is what I wanted.

Of course the car ride home was extremely boring because all Siwon wanted to talk about was himself. He was halfway through a story about something heroic he did when he parked outside my house. I quickly got out of that car, slammed the car and ran into the house before he could do anything.

I made a promise to avoid Siwon as well. It wasn't worth it.

Thursday things were looking up, sort of. I was still a loner, but I actually liked it. People just avoided me and I got along with my day. I think Minho was now making an effort to avoid me, which meant the only person I had to avoid was Siwon because he seemed to think we were buddies now.

Did he not see leave his car yesterday?

After lunch I had English, which thankfully he didn't have, so I quickly ditched him and ran to class. I wasn't the first one, but it was still pretty empty so I took a seat at the front. The rest of my classmates filed in and then our teacher started the lesson.

"Ok class, today I want you to compose a poem or short story that expresses your feelings on something. It can be on anything you like, but keep it appropriate." The teacher said and then he gave some of the kids in my class looks.

"You must work on it in class today and tomorrow, then present it to the class on Monday. No exceptions!" He said as some people put their hand up. They then slowly went down. "Begin."

I opened my notebook and sighed. I wasn't good at writing short stories, only songs. So I was going to have to go with writing a poem… but the only problem was that I also had to finish writing this song I'd started last night. It took me two hours, but I had a rough draft of what could possibly be the final draft of my song.

Now I had to put music along with it and I only had two days to do that.

So I started taping my pen as I thought about the poem. I then started humming, not noticing that I was doing so. I did notice people staring at me and then the teacher standing in front of my desk. I dropped my pen and looked up at him.

"Silence Soojung. Get back to work." He said and then walked off.

I didn't listen to him, I kept on humming and wrote down the notes and had a basic tune for my song. But I was kicked out of the classroom then.

 

xXxXx

 

Friday eventually came and I was in a better mood. I'd completed my song the night before, which surprised me. It took me two days to write a song, but I had inspiration and I was pleased with the final product. Now I just had to focus on my poem for English… and fix things.

In the song I'd spilled all my feelings into it. I was going to use that to inspire me for my poem, so I sort of knew what that would be about.

I got to school and saw Minho standing by his locker. It was the first day I'd seen him out of designer clothes and not having his friends hanging around him. I thought about going up to him and explaining everything to him and tell him what the others were planning, but I was intercepted by Nicole.

"I can't take this anymore! Jung Soojung, this week has been torture without you!" Nicole said as she pulled me over to the side. "Why were you avoiding me?"

"I couldn't deal with this right now." I said. Nicole looked down the hall at Minho who was now walking away and then back at me.

"You made a promise."

"It's too late for that."

"You know he's still going to get hurt."

"You said you had a plan, you can deal with it."

"Krystal, the plan involves you too."

"Sorry, I can't make it. I have something else on."

"What?" Nicole asked. Should I tell her? Well, she is my best friend here…

"I have an audition… with a record company. If all goes well, they'll sign me." I admitted. Nicole froze in the spot, her jaw hanging open. "You ok?"

"Why didn't you tell me before?" She asked and slapped me on the arm. "Ow." I said. "Krystal, this is the biggest news ever! How could you not tell me?"

"You aren't that mad, are you?"

"Are you kidding me? Ok, I'm sure I can do this without you then…" She said and then sighed. "I missed you. Come sit with me at lunch, ok?"

"Ok." I said and then walked off to my locker. I took a deep breath and then smiled.

 

Things were looking up.

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________

 

Funny thing... as I was thinking what to name this chapter, I decided to listen to whatever song was playing, which happened to be 'When I'm Gone' by Simple Plan and it was at the chorus when it goes, 'You're going to miss me when I'm gone.' Uhm... that's a clue as to what happens on later. :P (Well, kind of.)

 

Thank you so much for reading! Please write comment and subscribe! :)