Things I'll Never Say

Get Even

 

Nicole P.O.V

 

"Krystal? Minho?" I called out as I knocked on the front door. I didn't get any answer, so I tried my luck with the door and sure enough, it was open!

Actually, I don't think it was that lucky. I walked in and noticed my smoothie on the counter. I walked towards it, planning on stealing it back but it was empty. Oh, Minho is going to get it now…

"Krystal?" I called out. Still no answer, so I started to go up the stairs. Only then did it dawn on me what they could be doing and I really did not want to think of that.

But what choice did I have? I walked towards Krystal's bedroom and stood on the other side of the door, looking at the doorknob. I heard nothing from the other side, so obviously they weren't there…

Or maybe, I just had to try.

Closing my eyes, I turned the knob and then pushed the door forward. I heard no protests, so I then stuck my head in through the crack and opened my eyes.

There wasn't anything that I should have been worried about, but I got the shock of my life. There the two of them sat on Krystal's bedroom floor, playing checkers. It looked like the two of them were in deep concentration over the next move they'd make.

"I can't believe it." I said and both of them looked up at me. "What are you two doing?"

"Playing checkers Nicole." Minho said and then turned back to the board. He moved one of his pieces, but then Krystal's piece jumped over it and she put it in the pile she was busy collecting.

"What possessed you to play checkers?" I asked.

"What else were we supposed to play? Twister?" Krystal asked. Minho then grinned. "Do you have Twister?"

"Yeah, I think its somewhere in Key's room."

Minho looked at the door and then at Krystal. I knew what he was thinking, so I stopped him.

"You won't be able to find it if it's in Key's room. But why'd you leave the beach so quickly?" I asked, walking over towards them. krystal gave me a worried look and I gave her a reassuring smile.

"Krystal wanted to go and do something else, so she brought me here." Minho said and shrugged.

"Why don't you go play paintball?" I suggested.

"I don't know how to play paintball."

"Don't worry Krys, I'm sure Minho here can help you out." I said and then looked at my watch. "How about you go now? Maybe it'll be just you and Minho!"

"Good idea Nicole." Minho said. I think he only agreed because he was losing with checkers. "Krystal?"

"Uhm, ok." She said. Minho got up and extended a hand for her to take. He helped her up off the floor and then the two started to leave.

"Oh yeah sure, I'll be fine getting up by myself. No help needed whatsoever." I said as I got up and then followed them down the stairs. Minho hadn't let go of Krystal's hand, which was good. Maybe he was falling for her.

"Now hurry up guys, don't want to be late or anything." I said and then started to push them out of the house once we reached the bottom step.

"What's the rush Nicole?" Krystal asked.

"Nothing. I'll just stay here, I'm meeting Key here later." I said. Krystal gave me a weird look.  "Oh." She said and then opened the front door. "Ok. Bye Nicole."

"Yeah, bye Nicole." Minho said and then I slammed the door shut as they left. I turned and saw Key come in from the backdoor.

"Good, you're here." I said. "We need to find the others."

"Why?"

"Because we have to put an end to this plan."

 

xXxXx

 

"Yuri!" I shouted and then walked up to her. Luckily Yoona was with her, so it made my job so much easier.

"What Nicole?" She asked, putting down the clothes she was looking at. We were at the mall and I knew that the only place to find Yuri if she wasn't at the beach was here.

"You're going to stop this plan now." I said.

"What?" She asked, confused. I think she was confused as to what I was talking about. "This plan with breaking Minho's heart? It's going to stop, right now."

"And why would we stop it?" Yoona asked, coming in. "Because more then one person is going to get hurt." I said. "That's Krystal's fault, falling for him. She knew the risks." Yuri said and waved it off.

"Are you kidding me? She'd do anything for you because she's got it in her head that doing this she'd helping friends. You're using her for your own selfish needs."

"Look, Minho was supposed to be mine, ok?" Yuri snapped. "He was supposed to dump everyone else and be my boyfriend. Now he's going to know how hurt I was and come crawling back to me."

"You? Minho and I were supposed to be!" Yoona shot back. Yuri rolled her eyes.

"That's some fantasy world of yours Yoona, but everyone knows that only him and I would make the perfect couple."

"Yuri, you're the one who's dreaming." Yoona said. Then all hell broke loose when a catfight started right there in the middle of the shop.

"Ok, I'm going now…" I said and hightailed it out of there. I spotted Key waiting for me and started walking towards him when I spotted Sulli. She was more level headed then the other two and maybe if I had another partner, we could get the other two to completely abandons the whole thing.

"Hey Sulli." I called out to her. She looked over at me and smiled.

"Hey Nicole." She said as I reached her.

"Listen, I need you to help me. I need you to convince the others to drop this plan." I said to her, getting straight to the point.

Sulli, however, looked worried. "Why?"

"Because more then one person is going to get hurt here!"

"Nicole… ok, I'm going to tell you something." Sulli started. "We can't drop the plan at all, the others have something planned for Minho's birthday."

"What?" I asked worried.

 

Krystal P.O.V

 

"Minho?" I called out, but got no answer. I looked around the bunker and then froze as I saw him standing there, the gun pointed straight towards me.

"Gotcha." He said and fired. I ducked as it missed me and then ran, ducking behind the tree, Minho running after me. I couldn't help but laugh, so far he kept missing me and I kept hitting him.

"Soojung!" He called from the other side of the tree. I moved out of my hiding place and then raised my gun and fired a shot at him, hitting his leg again. "Ow!"

"Sorry!" I called out, worried that I had hurt him. Minho looked up and I saw him grinning at me.

"I won't miss this time." He said and fired. The shot hit my arm, which now stung.

"Ouch." I muttered, looking at my paint stained shirt now. I wasn't paying attention so I didn't see Minho come up and tackle me to the ground, causing us to land on a bundle of hay that was there by a bunker.

"You ok?" He asked me, looking at my arm where he shot me.

"I'll survive. How about you?" I asked.

"I might not be able to walk for a while." He said. "You may have to carry me."

"I don't think I'm strong enough."

"Too bad." He said in my ear, which made me shiver. I then shifted, as he was still lying on top of me. "You ok Krystal?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I asked him.

He was silent for a moment, just looking at my face. I felt my cheeks heat up and tried to push him off, but he got off of me and sat down on the ground.

"Krystal, I want to ask you something." He finally said. "Alright… what?"

Minho then smiled at me. "Would you be my girlfriend?"

My jaw did drop open when he asked me that. I know I must have looked like a freak, because I sat up and my hair most likely had some hay in it and my eyes had gone wider.

Yet Minho still looked anxious for my answer. But this was it, right? This was what we were supposed to do, make him fall so madly in love with me that when I crushed him, he'd feel the same pain the girls did.

Then why did I so badly want to say yes and just kiss him?

"Minho, I, uh…" I started and saw the smile slowly start to fade. I couldn't do this, I couldn't go on.

"Yes. Yes, I will be your girlfriend." I found myself saying. He then grinned and moved closer, kissing me.

But this time when he kissed me, I felt as if my heart was being torn out. Because I knew what I was doing and I could have stopped it.

But I didn't, because I couldn't find the words to tell him that I didn't love him, due to the fact that that was further from the truth.

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

So, I think I have reached half way! At least I hope I have... not too sure, but whatever.

The next chapter, though, will sort of be like a filler with random Minstal moments though... or what I've written so far is going to be anyways. Hope you liked this one though. :) Please write comment and subscribe! :)