5 : 'Dating Game'

EW! Get Off Me, You ERT! -- ON HIATUS

Jonghyun's POV

We watched as Key returned from his 'date' and was walking towards us, hands in his pockets and a smirk placed across his lips. He plopped himself next to Onew and grinned, his eyes shining.

"How was it?" He asked, a little too proudly. I scoffed.

"It was good...but not as good as me." I huffed, leaning back on the tree bark and closing my eyes. It was Saturday, and as always we did our normal routine: 'Dating'.

The thing is, we are known for being the players we are, even though partially that wasn't true. Well, for the other guys it wasn't. But we had to keep out little image, so we always play this game. Every week, we would meet up by the park under the tree and scan the crowd for hot highschoolers. This time, Key was up and he ended up courting some foreigner who was visiting her parents all the way from America.

Key rolled his eyes.

"Whatever~ You always are so cocky. What did you guys think?" He turned to Onew, Taemin, and Minho.

"I wasn't really paying any attention..." Minho muttered from behind his novel. 

"It was jjang hyung!~" Taemin clapped while his eyes gleamed admiringly. Key smiled and ruffled his hair.

"Thanks maknae. Sooner or later, you're going to be as good as me." Key nodded encouragingly.

"It was...okay. But I agree with Jjong here. He's way better at courting girls." Onew praised, patting Jonghyun's back. I smirked.

"See?" He gestured to Onew. "At least somebody's not blind." The others rolled their eyes.

"Anyways, I have to find a way to break her heart easily. I don't want to--" Key was cut off when he spotted something on the opposite side of the park.

"Hyung? What's wrong?" Taemin asked. I sat up and tried to find out what Key was staring at. Key's smile grew wider. He turned to Jonghyun.

"Hey, Jonghyun. Isn't it your turn to go and flirt?" Key grinned wider and pointed across to a picnic table and a bunch of girls. "Well, I found a target." 

I looked up and squinted my eyes, and a my smirk suddenly grew wider.

 

Yun Hee's POV 

I scooted next to Hee Young on the big picnic table in the park, but Ji Hae, who was on the other side of her cousin, had been on the edge of the seat and practically fell off.

"YAH! Yun Hee!" She rubbed her bottom which landed on the ground and scrunched her nose at me. I sheepishly smiled.

"Oops, mianhae unnie~" I bite my lip to prevent my laughter from exploding in her face. She huffed at me and stormed over to the other side next to Minji. Unnie was passing out sandwiches to us, and couldn't helo but chuckle at Ji Hae.

"You got pushed by that twig, Ji Hae?" She chortled. 

"UNNIE!" I yelled, and everybody laughed. Ji Hae peeling off the plastic wrap that covered the sandwich and started eating it while pulling out a book and reading while simultaneously tearing off a piece of her snack.

"You better not be leaving any crumbs on my book Ji Hae or else I will take my fist and you're going to be having a knuckle sandwich instead." Minji warned without looking at her.

"Yeah~ Whatever..." Ji Hae mumbled. I smiled a little, and reached out for my own sandwich, but a hand snatched it away from me. I whipped my head around about to snap at the person.

"YAH! UNNIE! DON'T TRY TO TAKE REVENGE ON ME FOR MAKING YOU FALL ON YOUR --" I was yelling at the so-called Ji Hae, when my eyes rounded in surprise.

"J-Jonghyun?" Everybody else at the table turned to him as well, and their jaws dropped. He smirked and sat down next to me, causing Hee Young to fall back a little, but Ji Hae caught her. I scowled.

*WHAT THE HELL?! WHY IS THIS SUCH A TINY TABLE?!*

I turned to Jonghyun with a seething look.

"What the are you doing here?" I growled. Jonghyun held his hands up in surrender.

"Woah there, lady. I was just coming here to say hi." My eyes narrowed into slits, but that wasn't really that hard to do because they were already kind of...small.

"Well, hello. Now, give me back my sandwich." I stretched my hand out to grab the sandwich, but he held it up in the air.

"Nuh uh uh~ You're not getting this until you do something for me." He grinned cheekily. I rolled my eyes.

*Who does he think he is? Some giant dino?*

I stood up from my seat and grabbed the sandwich from his hands.

"Sorry to burst your bubble Jonghyun, but you're not really that tall." I snorted, folding my arms. He gaped at me. But he closed his mouth quickly, and shook his head vigorously as if focusing again.

"Aw, thanks for noticing! You're like the only girl who's ever said that~" He cooed. I raised an eyebrow, unimpressed.

"That's probably because I'm the only girl who actually sees you as a dino-head. And NOT a hottie." I scoffed at him. I looked down and notied that his fists were balling up and turning white. I smirked. *I'm getting to him really good. I should keep going...*

But this freak didn't give up. He grinned up at me, an eye-smile that would've swooned all of the shawols in this park. Ji Hae squeaked from behind, when she saw this and Minji was trying to control her inner fangirl. I rolled my eyes. *Oh gawd.*

"I'm glad you see me differently. Maybe we're destined to be together?" He smiled again.

I mentally puked my disgust into my brain.

"EW! I would never want to be destined with you." I scrunched up my nose in annoyance.

"And why not? I'm irre-sis-table~ Who wouldn't want all of this." He cooed. My friends melted at his words. I facepalmed myself.

"Oh gosh...." I muttered, covering my eyes in embarrassment. Jonghyun smirked and took the oppurtunity to lean in. When I pried my hands off my face, I was startled to find Jonghyun just inches from my face. My heart thumped loudly and I gulped nervously...

*NO I AM NOT IN LOVE WITH THIS DINO! SO DON'T THINK THAT!* I screamed in my head. I was sweating like crazy at how close we were.

"You okay? Is it hot over here? Should I leave?" He asked innocently, his hot breath lingering in the space I had left to breath. I was shaking and my fists curled tightly at my sides.

*No. I am not going to lose to this man-...* I forcefully tried to even out my breaths and straightened up, the gap between us getting smaller. Jonghyun's eyes widened at my sudden move. I smirked again, my confidence building up again. And I crossed my arms. Leaning in a little closer, and fortuantely Jonghyun pulled his head back a little or else we would've kissed.

"I'm perfectly fine." I huffed.

I uncrossed my arms and reached over to a water bottle that was inside the picnic basket that Minji had brought. I grabbed it and wrenched it open with my teeth. I spat the cover over my shoulder and turned back to Jonghyun. His eyes were bugged out and he gulped.

"Are you some kind of alien?" He blurted. I smirked again and leaned the bottle closer to him. He scooted back instinctively. "Y-Yah, what are you doing?" He stuttered.

"You want me to embarrass you again dino-head? Or are you gonna leave my sight this second?" He gasped, along with my friends who were holding their breaths next to me.

"Yun Hee..." Minji warned slowly. Jonghyun's eyes became slits.

"You wouldn't..." He growled. I laughed out loud.

"You think so? Want me to prove it?" I daringly inched closer and leaned the bottle closer to the tip almost causing it to pour. He squeaked and back up farther.

"Nevermind! I'll leave! Gawd!" He scrambled off to the other side of the park, and my brow raised when I spotted the rest of SHINee by a tree. They caught your sight and quickly looked away.

I scoffed. "So they were all watching?" I plopped down in my seat again and placed the bottle back on the table, making some drops spill out from the top. Ji Hae's eyes widened.

"So...Minho was watching me?!" She gasped. I groaned. 

"You guys are unbelievable." I took my sandwich and peeled the plastic wrap off, stuffing it into my mouth. Hee Young stared at me, giggling.

"Jonghyun was trying to court you!" She pointed at me knowingly and giggled some more. I coughed, choking on some bread.

"BWOH?!"

 

Jonghyun's POV

"You failed~~ HAHAHAHA~" Key cheered to himself, while I slumped next to the bark.

"I am never failing like that ever again." And with that, an evil idea formed at the core of my brain.


Hello again! My other chapter was pretty boring... So I decided to update again! ^___^

But I am still hoping for more comments... -____-' 

So plllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssseeeeeeeee! 

Thank you :) Gomawooo~~~