4 : Apology

EW! Get Off Me, You ERT! -- ON HIATUS

Minji's POV

I shouldn't have said that. I knew better. I'm her sister after all. Yun Hee hadn't turned around when she told us that she was just going home ahead. Hee Young and Ji Hae looked over at me, I could tell in their eyes that they understood what just happened. The good thing was, Yun Hee hadn't showed her anger.

That would've been bad.

"You shouldn't have said anything..." Hee Young's voice was quieter.

"I know...but she was getting me mad. I...I didn't mean to..." I ended up grumbling the last few words. Ji Hae gave me a sympathetic look.

"It's okay. She was getting pretty annoying."

"But she didn't used to be like that." Hee Young persisted. I sighed.

It was true. Yun Hee wasn't like this before.

"Well, I better go and apologize." I said to them. They nodded and followed me inside the house. I was greeted by a bewildered expression on umma's face.

"What happened--?" But I gave her a reassuring smile.

"It's okay umma. I just mentioned...um, her ex on accident..." I didn't have to say anymore as my mother ended up hugging me.

"Go up and talk to her. She's still somewhat our Yun Hee." she murmured instead. I nodded. I told Ji Hae and Hee Young to wait downstairs while I went up to talk to her. When my umma asked about Chang Sun, my eyes rounded and I ran silently up the stairs.

*Oops, forgot about my other dongsaeng! I'll go fetch him later...* 

Her door was the second one of the left, right next to mine. I looked up on the door to find a paper sign that said "YUNNIE'S ROOM". I smiled. She still had that... When we were little and had just moved in to this house, the first thing we did was go upstairs and pick our rooms. We already had an idea of the house since our parents had taken us here before we bought it. After we chose them, we decided to make a sign for each of our rooms so we wouldn't get confused. Mine said: MIN JI'S ROOM Yun Hee had written her sign with her nickname, Yunnie. That was also the day we had met our cousin Ji Hae and made a new best friend, Hee Young. Refreshing those memories in my mind, gave me the a courage to knock on the door. At first, nobody said anything.

My heart sank. I knocked again. No sound.

"Yun Hee..." I said quietly. I pressed my ear against the door and listened. Nothing. Finally, I grabbed the door knob and twisted it. Slowly, I entered her room. It was just like how she had left it this morning. I spotted Yun Hee is her work desk, her homework splayed out.

"Yun Hee..." I repeated. She stopped working, and faced me. Her nose was slightly pink as if she had cried, but stopped herself. I thought she would be glaring at me by now, but she had a calm face on.

"Neh?" she barely whispered. I sighed. I sat on her bed, which squeaked at contact.

"You okay?" I asked her. It was a stupid question, I know. But I asked it anyway. She gave a curt nod.

"Mianhe..." Was all I could say. I honestly am not good at apologizing. Usually, I don't do bad enough things to apologize. But this time I did and I had to urge the word out. Yun Hee gave me a small smirk.

"Did it take a lot of energy to say that?" she teased. I scoffed.

"No..." I insisted, but Yun Hee could see through me. She laughed.

"I haven't heard you apologize in a while." she said. I shrugged.

"I'm not a very apologizing person." Yun Hee got silent and was looking at her hands. She looked so innocent and helpless. It was really rare to see her like this. Suddenly, the doorbell rang. My ears perked up.

"Appa's here." I announced to her. She nodded.

"I know..." I smiled at her.

"Yah, Yunnie. It doesn't suit my tough sister to be all soft and touchy. Especially in front of Appa." I chided playfully. I saw her crack a smile.

"Don't call me that." she mumbled. I laughed.

"C'mon Yunnie. Appa wants to see his favorite pair of daughters. Maybe I'll treat you to a meal if you come downstairs with a smile on that face." She hit me playfully for calling her by her baby name again.

"Yah! Minnie unnie!" she cooed angrily. I glared at her. Yes, Yun Hee gave me a nickname but seriously she only used it to annoy me. Then I pulled her by the arm and dragged her down stairs. We were greeted by our lovely appa. He gave us his famous bear hugs, and then we had to go and eat dinner. Ji Hae and Hee Young joined us like they were part of the family too. During the meal, Yun Hee kicked me lightly on the shin.

"Hm?" I said, bibimbap in my mouth.

"Don't forget to buy me my meal" she said, a grin plastered on her face. I laughed, causing me to recieve weird looks from the others. Just then Chang Sun came in the house. All heads turned to him. After closing the door, he headed towards the kitchen and was startled when he saw everybody's gaze was on him.

"YAH! Stop staring!" He snapped. Umma's eyes narrowed into slits.

"Park Chang Sun, where have you been?!" His eyes rounded.

"Um...er..." He looked down at us and I shook my head in disappointment.

"Busted~" I heard Yun Hee whisper before turning around and continuing to eat. 


Annyeong my dear readers!~ ^^

It is officially summer vacation at my school and that means I'll be updating my stories more often and even start a new one maybe... *wink wink*

But anyways, I'm sorry for readers who do not like me changing the fonts and stuff like that,  but I was too lazy to italicize their thoughts...and this update was a lot shorter. I might update laterr so watch it~

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS! PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE~~~~~~~~~~! I AM BEGGING ALL OF YOU TO PLEASE COMMENT!!!!!

Anyways....have fun reading!