17: Welcome Back...

EW! Get Off Me, You ERT! -- ON HIATUS

Yun Hee's POV

After the morning incident, I haven't been able to focus in anything. First period, I had just made it in time before the bell rang with Jonghyun. Hee Young gave me a confused look once I seated myself next to her.

"What happened?" She almost immediately asked me. I blinked at her. *How does she expect something to have happened?*

"What do you mean?" I bluntly stated, getting out my notebook and pencil for the class. She eyed me suspiciously.

"You're never late for class. And you never come in with Jonghyun." She narrowed her eyes at me. "SO, something happened that I don't know about."

I rolled my eyes, opening to a clean page and started to down notes that the teacher was writing on the board. "I don't know what you're talking about. Nothing happened. So, no need to worry." I shrugged nonchalantly, and focused my attention on the board to avoid her concerned stare. After a few more minutes of ignoring her, she seemed to give up and sighed to herself.

She mumbled something under her breath, not expecting me to hear, but I heard it loud and clear. "I hope I really don't need to worry..."

~~~

In P.E., I wasn't in my right mind either. Today we were playing kickball. Jonghyun and I were on opposing teams--sadly--and throughout the whole game, every time it was his turn to kick he always hit it hard so nobody could catch it.

And every time, he would run all the bases and win a point for his team.

After, a few people it was Jonghyun's turn again. I groaned to myself. "Not again." He looked up at me and smirked. I sighed. "This kid is never going to lose. Stupid dino." I muttered under my breath. I readied myself for his kick, preparing to try and catch it.

There was a bunch of girls off on my right side just talking to themselves. They were the people who don't do anything during a game, but when a ball comes flying at them they scream like all hell had broke loose. They weren't that far away from me so I could hear exactly what they were saying. And, unfortuantely at that moment in time, my keen ears had decided to eavesdrop on their meaningless conversation.

One girl giggled to herself, as she twirled a piece of her hair around her finger. "I hear there's a new kid coming to this school tomorrow."

I shook my head, focusing on Jonghyun as he backed up from his spot, aiming his foot somewhere in the gymnasium.

The girls squealed. Another girl added, "And the best part is, he's actually not new to this school! He's that one guy that left in the middle of the year last year. I forgot his name..."

My ears perked up. My stomach churned in anxiety. *No, not again. I can't lose my focus now! Calm down Yun Hee. They're not talking about him. There must be a misunderstanding. Stop being paranoid and FOCUS!* I screamed in my head. 

The pitcher aimed the ball and lightly rolled it towards Jonghyun. The dino got ready to hit, but missed as the ball veered off to the side. Frustrated, he grabbed the ball and threw it back. The pitcher apologized before getting ready to  roll it again.

Then one of the girls jumped in her spot. I rolled my eyes. "I don't either, but I hear he knows Hana...I think they're related or something?"

I paused. *R-Related? That..that can't be. So, they're talking about another guy...because if they were talking about him...He doesn't have any siblings...* I sighed in relief. *I've just been paranoid. They must be talking about someone else. I must have heard wrong earlier this morning. Hana wasn't talking to him. Because last I checked, he didn't have a sister...* 

Having a new state of mind, I relaxed my tense muscles and narrowed my eyes at Jonghyun. "Time to bring that dino down." 

The pitcher rolled the ball again, this time harder. Jonghyun's eyes lit up in excitement as he aimed his foot to hit the ball. I watched his every move, making sure to be in his target zone so I can catch the ball and get him out.

Right when the ball was about to fly in my direction, one of the annoying girls squeaked, "I remember him! His name was--" And right when the girl said it, my heart dropped and my relaxed state tensed up again. *D-did she j-just say what I think she said...*

SMACK!

The ball came flying towards me and hit me right in the stomach. "Oof!" I groaned in pain, clutching onto my stomach. A whistle blew a time-out and the coach came running toward me.

"Are you okay?" He asked. I couldn't answer as my stomach was aching from the hard impact. Jonghyun and some of the students on my team came running over.

"Yun Hee! Are you okay?" He breathlessly asked in concern. I looked up and glared at him.

"Do I look okay to you?" I sneered, rubbing my sore stomach. He frowned, his eyes pinched together in worry, and I slightly felt bad for snapping at him. The teacher, gently grabbed my arm. 

"You need to go to the nurse. You'll be excused for the rest of the game," To everyone else, he blew the whistle again. "Everyone! Continue the game!" The crowding students reluctantly went back to their spots. Jonghyun stayed put.

"I'll take her." He suggested. I groaned in annoyance. *No, please no. Please say no!* The coach looked over at him.

Jonghyun insisted. "I hit her, so I should be the one to explain what happened to the nurse." I rolled my eyes, still holding onto my stomach.

The coach sighed before agreeing. "Okay, go ahead. Come back after. You're not fully excused." I narrowed my eyes as Jonghyun briskly nodded and led the way to the nurse's office. He offered to carry me over there, but I scoffed.

"I didn't break any bones. I can walk by myself." I grumbled. He watched me, and I could feel his piercing stare screw a hole in my back.

"Sorry about that." He apologized when we were in the hallway. Scratching the back of his head, he looked at the ground. "I didn't mean to hit you. And even if I did, not that hard."

I sighed. "Whatever. I guess it's kind of my fault for not paying attention." 

He looked over at me. "Why did you not see that ball coming anyway? I saw you looking straight at me. And if you were in the way, you didn't move." I pointed out. I stiffened, but didn't answer. *I heard his name again. I can't believe I lost focus again.*

We arrived at the nurse's office and I stopped in front of the door. "I can take it from here. You should go back now. You heard the coach. You're not fully excused." I looked up at him, and he nodded reluctantly.

"Okay, be careful." He stuffed his hands in my short pockets and started heading back.

"What'll happen to me?" I retorted, but couldn't help a small smile to form on my lips.

~~~

For the rest of the day, I hadn't cleared my mind of his name leaving the girl's lips. I tried to say to myself that I had heard wrong, but my stomach would always drop in doubt.

The next day, I walked with Minji and Ji Hae to school. They were both checking me every five seconds to see if I was okay. 

"Does your stomach hurt still?" Minji anxiously asked. I rolled my eyes.

"No, you pabo. I'm fine." I mumbled. Ji Hae sighed.

"You can't blame us for worrying. You were lying in your room for the rest of the afternoon when me and Hee Young came over yesterday." I rubbed my stomach. The pain had subsided but everytime I touched a certain spot, I would flinch unconciously. When we reached school gates, there was a crowd of girls blocking the front entrance. A wave of whispering was being spread around. We tried to get through but it took us until the warning bell before making it to the school's entrance.

"Damn it. If I'm late again I'm going to sue these girls." I muttered. Straightening my uniform, I headed to first period. Even in the classroom, the girls wouldn't shut their mouths. They would giggle about some guy coming back. My back stiffened every time I heard about it. It reminded me of what happened yesterday.

*No. I'm just paranoid. My ears heard wrong. He's never coming back. He's gone...* When Hee Young sat down nex to me she was so lost in the school rumors. 

"What's with all the chaos?" She asked me, but I simply shrugged. 

Class started and the teacher came in with a smile. "Class, I have an announcement to make." All eyes were on her.

"We have a new addition to the class. He's come from Busan and is coming back to us after leaving." My blood ran cold. Hee Young perked up in her seat.

"Is this who everyone's talking about?" I didn't reply and stared disbelievingly at the teacher. All the girls started squealing excitedly in their seat. The teacher motioned someone to come in from the door.

"Come on in." My stomach and heart dropped like an anvil. My vision became hazy and all I could hear was the blood pumping through my ear drums. Ba dum, ba dum....

A guy came in the classroom. Gasps emitted out of mouths, and Hee Young breathed, "Oh no..."

He strutted in. One hand in his pocket, another hand swinging at his side. He had an edge in his step and his dark hair was styled perfectly in such an attractive way. When he arrived in front of them, I practically died in my seat. *No. It can't be...*

The guy smiled and looked around the room. Every girl who caught his grin fainted in their seat. When his eyes landed on mine, I gripped onto the side of my desk. A warm yet haunting smile burst out onto his face. Without looking away he introduced himself.

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm..."


OMOOOOOO!! GAAAHHH I ALMOST JUMPED OUT OF MY SEAT WHEN I WROTE THE LAST SENTENCE!!!

PHEW! I finally wrote this chappie. It is kinda long...longer than the previous one...lolo

I wanted to give you guys a cliff hanger to seeif any of you can guess who this guy is...

Good luck!

Look forward to next update!~ ^^

Luvs ya~

 

I made a poll which has a list of guys that might be the mystery guy...come and vote for who you think it is! ;)