15: Rain

EW! Get Off Me, You ERT! -- ON HIATUS

Yun Hee's POV

It took a while, but Hana had finally decided to leave. It took a lot of persuading that she was using a lot of her money and she barely finishes her bowls of ramen.

All in all she had ordered 3 bowls of beef, 2 bowls of chicken, and 2 bowls of pork flavored ramen. Dara had quipped on how wasteful she was being when she only slurped up half of the bowl.

After swiping her golden credit card as payment, she slipped it back into her purse.

"Have a great day!" Minji chirped, waving at her. Hana gave her an exaggerated grin, raising her hand in return. I inwardly rolled my eyes.

"You too! See you at school!" She beamed, turning over to me. Her cheery expression shifted just slightly enough for only me to notice. "Bye Yun Hee~" Curling her fingers in a eerie wave. I didn't reply, only pressing my lips into a firm line in return. Hana didn't seem to care as she sauntered off out of the shop.

When the doors chimed, I exhaled in relief which earned a confused expression on my sister's face. "What's up with you? You seem so relieved that Hana left." I was about to answer, when Dara popped out from behind me.

"Well, who wouldn't be? That chick ordered half of our ramen's stocks! I have to go refill them again!" She clicked her tongue in disapproval. I cracked the tiniest smile at her joke, shaking my head. Minji shrugged.

"I don't really mind. I think me and her got closer as friends." I scoffed, but didn't say anything as we continued with work.

~~~

7:30 P.M.

It was pouring outside right when it was time to close up the shop for the day. The drops of rain stuck to the pristine windows and smudged the view from the inside. Dara came over to us with her hands behind her back as we changed back into our school clothes. She examined our attire.

"You're going to go out in the rain like that? Didn't you guys bring your coats?" She inquired. I shook my head.

"It wasn't cloudy this morning." I grumbled in frustration. Dara grinned at us.

"Well, good thing that we have extras--" She pulled her hands out from behind her and displayed two umbrellas in her arms. "Of these babies!" She gave one to each of us. She beamed.

"B-But...how about you guys?" Minji asked. Dara waved her away. 

"It's all good. We're taking the car home anyway. Just give them back next time, 'kay?" She put her two thumbs up and winked. I smiled at her, blinking in gratitude.

"Thanks." I mumbled. Minji repeated also, and Dara waved at us.

"Well, I gotta go. Halmoni's waiting for me otuside. See you!" She waved one last time before disappearing out of the back door. Minji and I headed to the front, unclasping our umbrellas on the way. Once we were outside, we were acknowledged with a harsh beating of rain on our umbrellas. Cars zoomed past and the cloudy sky fogged up the streets with a gloomy air. Minji groaned out loud.

"How are we supposed to walk home in this weather?" She snapped at no one in particular.

"How about we ride a taxi?" I suggested. But when we searched the now empty street, the only sound of human life was the distant noises of cars probably blocks away.

"There's no bus stops here either. Damn." Minji cursed. We stood there in the rain for a bit before Minji suddenly had an idea.

"I can call someone--"

"Who? Umma wouldn't drive in this weather." I pointed out. "How about Appa?"

"I heard from Umma that he's coming home late tonight." Minji frantically looked around. Then her eyes lit up. "I'm going to call Key!"

My eyes bulged out. "Unnie!" 

"What?" Before I could stop her, her phone was already plastered next to her ear.

*How the hell did she get his number in the first place, wow.* She hummed for a bit while she waited until I heard a muffled voice of Key.

"Key! It's me Minji!" There was a pause while Key spoke. "Yeah, um do you mind picking me up at work? Yeah. At that ramen shop that you guys went to last time? Mhm. Oh...okay..." Her eyes drooped along with her shoulders and for a moment I thought that Key wasn't going to come. But then Key's hurried voice reached the phone. Minji smiled and brightened.

"Oh, okay! That's cool. I'll wait here with Yun Hee!" She did another round of 'Mhm's' before she hung up the phone. She slipped it back into her pocket, looking up at me.

"Key can't come, but he said that Taemin could come and pick us up!" She chirped. My eyes narrowed.

"Can that little munchkin even drive?" I shuddered at the thought of hyperactive Taemin driving a car. On the street. In this weather. At night.

Minji rolled her eyes. "Of course he can! He's not THAT young. And plus, Key said that Onew might come and supervise him just in case." She rocked back and forth on  her heels. I looked at the street and then back at Minji. It was raining pretty hard now, and I wasn't going to risk walking all the way home.

"Whatever." I finally gave in and moved to a mroe drier place. We waited next to the shop for Taemin until finally a car pulled up in front of them. But it drove past and I shared a confused look with Minji. *What the...?* 

Then the car abruptly stopped a few meters away and came back in front of us. There were a few more sudden stops back and forth until the car finally parked itself.

The windows were tinted, but it was rolled down a smiling face of Onew greeted us.

"Annyeong--" But he was cut off when Taemin nudged his face away and enthusiastically waved.

"Hi noonas!" He smiled. Minji immediately greeted them back and headed to the back of the car, but was stopped by Taemin. "NO NOONA! SIT NEXT TO ME!" He pushed Onew to the back which earned a loud grunt of pain from the chicken man. Minji hesitantly moved to the passenger's seat, closing her umbrella shut and once buckled in--by the courtesy of Taemin himself--she peeked out the window at me.

"Come on Yun Hee, aren't you coming?" I analyzed the car once before shaking my head.

"No thanks. I'd rather be drenched in this rain and get sick than risk my life with you crazy people." And with that I headed the opposite direction to my house. *No way was I going in that car with them. I'd be like the only sane one.*

I shook my head when I heard Minji call my name a couple more times before I turned the corner, their voices only fading until the only sound again was the patting of the rain against my umbrella.

I walked around for a bit, simlessly turning corners as I tried to figure out the way home. After fifteen minutes of absolutely no progress, I stopped at a deserted street with the rain still as my company.

"Stupid weather." I muttered, tightening my grip on the umbrella's handle. *I'm starting to regret not accepting that ride home. God, why am I such an idiot?!* Sighing, I took a few more steps forward when a crackling sound vibrated the sky. I screamed and jumped a little, startled at the sudden thunder.

My heart racing, I searched from cover. But there was no sign of any living soul in this place. *Oh geez. Alone in a storm and I'm outside too. Great work Yun Hee. You're such a genius.* I sarcastically thought.

As if God had heard me, a sleek red Corvette pulled up next to me. The lights blinked as the driver honked my way. Thinking that I was just in his way, I kept walking, but when I looked back, the car was still there. *What the hell? Who is that?*

Squinting my eyes, I peeked at the driver's seat trying to make out who it was but the window rolled down on the passnger's side and there, sitting in his expensive ride, was none other than Kim Jonghyun. My eyes rounded and I stepped back, still not believing my eyes.

"J-Jonghyun?" Then my eyes snapped down into slits. "What are you doing here?"

He ignored me and beckoned me inside the car. "Get inside!" He shouted through the rain. I scoffed, not believing this dude. *How did he even know I was here? Stalker.*

"No." I said, turning and walking away, but the car only followed me.

"Do you want to get electrucuted?" He asked, half-annoyed. One arm was on the wheel while the other was propped on the passenger's seat, as he ducked to see me.

"How did you know I was here in the first place?" I crossed my arms, raising an accusing brow.

"I just give rides to random people in the rain." He sarcastically replied. I rolled my eyes.

"How do I know you won't take me to your place and me?" I was joking, but I was partially serious. Hopefully he only took it as a joke.

Right when he was about to answer, another ear piercing cackle astounded the both of them. I shuddered and finally surrendered. Shutting my umbrella close, I pulled at the car door and slipped inside. The strong breeze of the air conditioning drifted into my noise and surrounded my body.

"I thought you would never be persuaded." He smirked as he changed gear to drive and sped off into the night.

I dropped the umbrella at my feet, only making the floor wet. Jonghyun glnaced over and glared at me.

"Yah, watch it! This car costs more than your house!" 

"How do you know when you've never been there?" I retorted. He smirked, and didn't reply. We rode in silence until I noticed that he didnt even know where I lived.

"Where are you taking me?"

"Home." I scoffed.

"You don't know where I live."

"Taemin texted me the address." 

"Bwoh?!" I gaped at him. "He texted you my address?! How did he..." I paused. *Minji.* "Oh gosh." I slapped my hand over my face. Jonghyun chuckled from beside me.

"Shut your trap and focus on your driving." I spat. He raised one arm in surrender.

"Okay, okay. Geez. Fiesty much." He commented.

"Nice that you finally took notice. I'm guessing you don't want to know what happens when I'm irritated?" He only chuckled again, which ticked me off but I just snapped my head towards the window, watching the passing scenery. The smell of car and sound of the pitter patter of rain was the only noise I heard on the way home. The awkward silence, bit at my skin and I shivered at both the awkwardness and the cold air coming from the car.

"Could you lower the air con down?" I hissed, not looking away from the window.

"Why? I like it cold."

"Well, I don't. If you don't want me to commit suicide and jump out of this damn car, you should turn it down." I felt his gaze on me, before the car suddenly warmed up and the goosebumps on my arms disappeared.

"You're welcome."

"I never said thank you." I muttered, but not loud enough for him to retort back. After another few minutes of silent driving, we arrived at my place. I peeked outside and noticed that the rain had slowed to only sprinkles of water. I got out of the car, grabbing the umbrella on the way out. Right when I was about to ignore him and leave, Jonghyun reached over and grabed my wrist.

"Aren't you forgetting something?" He raised an eyebrow.

"No." I finally turned to him, taking in his attire. I didn't notice it before, but he was only wearing a thin white v-neck shirt and gray sweats. His slim yet muscualr figure was seen clearly and I felt my cheeks burn.

He leaned in closer. "How about a 'thank you'?" His breath lingered right in front of my nose and I could smell something minty. My heartbeat quickened until I found it hard to breathe. Yanking my hand away, I slipped out of the car.

"I don't say those kinds of things to jerks." I snapped. He crossed his arms.

"Am I a jerk for driving you home?" He smirked, which made me curl my fist around the umbrella tighter. *Gawd do I just want to wipe that smirk right off his face.*

I just turned around and walked to my front door. "Whatever." I called from my shoulder. But as I rang the doorbell, I felt my insides tighten in guilt. He had already driven off, but I spoke it inside my head. *Thanks.*


Hey hey hey!!! :D

I'm baccckkkk! 

Sorry for long wait!

Enjoy! ^^