Chapter 9

Chips, Lays, and Zhang Yixing

Before we start i want to promote two things :D

One: I am a fanxing/kray/krispylays/whatever shipper and as you might know i've written a few fics before. So i decided to house all those fics under a little collection: In a Strawberry Filled Universe and it all has to do with Wufan and his for strawberries. HAHHA. naw. just a bunch of fics where Yixing is a cute and ruins Wufans life. So it would be nice for you to check it out ^^

And Two: My friend's fic which i have promoted before but she's amazing and she always gives me criticism for each of my chapters before i add them 

also. quick information for kpop newbies. dbsk is a kpop boyband from sm and they are literally "the rising gods of the east." they are very important to kpop as they really developed and spread the kpop market in Asia with BoA. They are my first and primary fandom, and i waste lots and lots of tears on them :P so check them out if you've never heard of them (OTL) 

theres a reference to the yunjae couple (yunhoxjaejoong) from dbsk in this :) ((the best ship in kpop and my number one otp ing ever))

enjoy~

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

                The only way you could describe Yixing’s face was worry. “Sehun, go inside, I made you breakfast.” He whispers as he starts to make his way down the stairs.

                Sehun, the taller one with the stoned eyes turns to Angel, “Hyung?” Angel keeps his steely eyes on Yixing but nods; Sehun climbs the stairs and swerves not to hit Yixing. You try to pull his hand away from your wrist but he responds by tightening his grip.  Furious, you yank your hand down and Angel stumbles back losing his balance and releasing your wrist. You rub at your wrist still feeling his hard grip on your hand and seeing red finger marks.

                Angel turns to you and begins to open his mouth but Yixing runs down the stairs and puts a hand on his shoulder and he immediately clamps his mouth and sets his jaw.

                “Luhan,” Yixing mutters something in Madarin and Luhan’s shoulders slowly relax, but his cold hard face stays the same. “You should go, you’ll be late.” He nods at you. You stammer a “mhmm,” and briskly walk away.

                At the hotel, you get ready to meet your friend but all you could think of was this Luhan, and his mask of pure hatred on his angelic face when he looked at you.

----------------------------------------------

                You try to dress up as nicely as possible; you know that your friend would be inviting you and a few of her friends to her final dress fitting. You felt like you needed to make an impression but at the same time you felt ridiculous in your black skinny jeans and heels. You contemplate whether to go full classy with a blazer or keep it fun with a floral top. You decide against both and wear a plain white tee and a bright red cardigan. You make sure your makeup looks fine since you haven’t put on makeup in a while, and head out the door.

                The boutique was on a street two blocks away from the hotel so you decide to walk. It was broad daylight and the air was fresh; you feel happy and carefree. For a second. Then your decision to wear heels starts dawning on you as a stupid mistake and a face keeps flashing in front of your face. Luhan. Angry. At you. You shake away the thoughts as you arrive at the boutique, Le Petit Strawberry. You were going to start afresh today. No Luhan. No Yixing. No Lay. No Chips. Definitely no Chips. You were going to meet your high school best friend after so long. This was going to be a good day. No mistakes.

                You put a confident smile on your face and push open the door. The bell hanging at the top of the door tinkles and everyone’s eyes are on you. You see some elderly women with measuring tape and some tailors with pieces of cloth. Then you see her.

                You honestly don’t recognize her on the dot, but the tell-all mouth drop, eyebrow raise, and dropping of cloth gives it away. All of a sudden you feel energized. This girl was your best friend for so long. She was that one girl who got you through the hell hole of high school with a smile on her face. This was a good decision to come. Your face breaks into a grin.

                “Hana?!” Her coffee brown hair is streaked with carmel highlights in contrast to her jet black hair in high school. Her once long flowing locks are cut short into a simple bob, which accented her smooth jawline and neck. She’s still taller than you, which is a pity since you are wearing 4 inch heels. Her smile is as bright as ever and her eyes sparkle like they always used to. Just like Yixing. You shake your head, because he was not important at the moment. You try your best not to fall as you run towards your friend in heels and crash into her for a big bear hug.

                She responds enthusiastically and throws her arms around you and you both jump up and down to the best of your ability. She pulls away, still your hair; she has a troubled expression on her face. “I…I didn’t know you were coming. I thought…”

                “Why wouldn’t I come?!”

                “Aren’t you the girl that said you were a friend of Lay’s manager?”

                “…Yea…You know about that?”

                “I still am into Kpop dear, which is a bit of a depressing thought because I’m going to be a married old woman in 2 days. Are you not?" She pokes your cardigan and smiles, "Sporting Cassieopeia red, no?”

                “I…not anymore” you bite your lip.

                “Ah…I thought SM wouldn’t let you out on the streets, it’s a bit dangerous isn’t it?”

                “Yea… but I wanted to come see you before you became an old married hag.” You smile.

                “Oh Kitty. I missed you so much sweetie.”  

                 You groaned at the sound of your old nickname. Hana gave it to you one night when you two were drunk on life. You spent the day at the beach, running after seagulls and boys. Hana succeeding in making every boy on that beach fall in love, while you got a few toddlers chasing after you with plastic shovels. Then you guys went shopping at an elite mall all covered in sand and soon ran away from the security guards. The day just got crazier and crazier, but it ended in Hana’s backyard where you spent the night talking about everything on your mind and gazing at the once bright stars of Los Angeles.

----------------------------------------------

 

                “You know. You’re such a feisty girl. You really on everyone and keep your heart locked up. You should be more loving; I swear you would be the sweetest person if you weren’t always so locked up…” Hana pauses. “You’re like… a kitten; feisty on the outside but sweet on the inside... well not really, oh my ing god what the hell am I talking about.”

                “Hana, you’re just high” You chuckled.

                “Shut up Kitty.”

                “That is not going to be my name from now on. I’ll hate you forever”

                “You already hate me babe.” Even through the pitch darkness, with the exclusion of the stars, you could tell that Hana was smiling. “Honestly though, you only love when nobody’s watching. You’re a really loving person, but people assume that you’re cold Kitty.”

                “Stop calling me Kitty. And I don’t mind really. Jaejoong seemed like a cold person. Now look at him and Yunho getting it on.” You giggled.

                “But now everyone knows that Jae’s a sweetie-pie. Yunho won’t ever love you if you’re a cruel all the time.” Hana playfully smacked my tummy.

                “Well I’m pretty sure Yunho already loves me Hana-sweetie. He’s said I love you a billion times looking straight at me.”

                “To a camera you arse.” Hana laughed but turned silent for a bit. “My sweetheart personality will get me a guy straight out of high school. We’ll be college sweethearts and we’ll marry in a garden in Korea. In a small wedding with you, me, my sweetheart, and a handful of my closest friends and their hubbies or boyfriends. But not you, you’ll be all alone, because no one will ever be able to love you.”

                You quietly took it to heart but laughed to cover it. “Well we can only hope that one day I’ll be secretly showering my love to the one guy who I love with all my heart; and he will catch me and sweep me off my feet. Then we’ll kiss and get married in a garden in Korea in a small wedding with me, you, my sweethea-” Hana chortled and smacked you again, but this time not as playfully.

                “We can only hope, Kitty dear.” She said between her snorts.

                “Yea, we can only hope.” You said a bit more humorlessly.

----------------------------------------------

                You pull away and make a face. “Hey, I thought I made it clear for 4 years that. I. Don’t. Like. That. Name.”

                “You’ll always be Kitty to me, dear.” She ruffles my hair, definitely ruining all the precious time I spent on it, and kisses the top of my head. The shop bell begins to tinkle and she turns to greet the people who came through the door.

                The people, who were completely unfamiliar to you, all hug Hana and squeal over the usual, “Hana babe!” “Oh Hana you look gorgeous!” After a minute of flocking and squealing, Hana guides the 3 girls’ attentions to me.

                “Lily, Seung Yeon, Seo Aeri, this is Kitty.” You start to roll your eyes, but stop yourself and smile sweetly. You walk towards them and hold out your hand to shake hands. But they stare.

                Oh no.

                “You’re… you’re that girl!” the one with a short bob similar to Hana’s points at you. Hana frowns and mumbles “Seung Yeon stop.”

                “Wait. You’re the managers friend right? What’s Yixing like! Tell me. Oh my god isn’t he completely charming and-” the short one with the long dyed hair gets cut off by the tall one with jet black hair.

                “Can I have his autograph!”

                You stupidly shake your hands at them trying to remember what Kris told you to say, but realize he forgot to tell you the plan; thankfully Hana disrupts.

                “You guys are ridiculous. Let’s worry about me for today, and then you can go back to being annoying.” The three nod and Hana turns and leads everyone to the room where she would do her final fittings.

                You catch up with Hana and whisper a thanks. You expect a smile and a nod, but you see that Hana looks solemn. “We’re talking about this later.” She turns open the door to her room.