Chapter 7

Chips, Lays, and Zhang Yixing

If youre on tumblr or constantly check newsites etc. youll know that yixing injured  his back. Being the stubborn fool i love him to be, he refused the wheechair and had two staff members help him limp through the hotel/airport etc. i dont know whether ive mentioned this before but yixing has hemophillia which is a disease where he does not have enough blood cells to clot a scratch or cut, which could be very dangerous for him. honestly this is the one thing i worry so much about: yixings health, because hes in constant danger. so please if you ever get a chance to see him, be careful, dont push, hold back fans who do because the last thing we want is for our boy to have his life in danger because he got a stupid scratch. Keep our precious boy safe :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

                You take a look inside. It’s a fairly small room. There’s a bunk bed pushed to the side, one closet, and two desks. One desk is fairly neat. There’s a laptop not fully shut and sheets of paper filled with markings. The wall it faces has more of these sheets of papers tacked against a corkboard. A guitar leans against the desk. The other desk is stacked with books and has posters of Chinese characters of some sort. The wall was covered with small pictures of various people, some who look familiar and some who didn’t. It was quite colorful and bright as opposed to the other plain desk.

                “I share rooms with Chen in Korea.” He sees you tensing and quickly adds, “but he’ll probably sleep in Joonmyun's room if he doesn’t come home before the morning.” You slowly nod looking around.

                “So which bunk?”

                “Top.” He jumps onto the bed, grabbing the bars on the side, and swings himself up. He grins down at you, motioning you up. You slowly climb up the ladder and swing your legs onto the top and settle into the messy bed. There’s more papers here except a majority of them are crumpled up.

                “What are all these papers of?” He picks up a crumpled sheet and flattens it out. You see that the marking are all of musical notes, some scribbled out, some underlined, some with arrows and Chinese and Korean characters attached.

                “I compose music and its hard work.” He looks at the paper once more and crumples it up and throws it off the bed, missing the trashcan by a foot. You grab a few papers that surround you and flatten them out to see while Yixing looks at another paper and hums a tune.

                You look around once more at his room. When you look back at him, he's looking at you with a curious expression.  He scrunches his eyebrows and moves to the side of the bed and grabs the bar. He slides off and jumps to the ground. He picks up his guitar from his desk and hands it to you before climbing up the stairs and pushing you to the other corner.

                “Okay you've seen me dance already, so listen to my lovely voice now.” You want to poke the stupid dimple that follows. He strums his guitar a few times and plucks at a few strings. Then he stops to clear his throat and he begins to sing.

                Wow. Those are pretty noises that come out of his mouth

                His fingers slowly strum the guitar while he sings a solemn song. It's in Mandarin so you can't understand what the song is about, but you can tell it’s a sad song. His voice is gentle and mellow. You listen carefully since his words are barely audible, lyrics softly flowing out through his lips. He doesn't look at you. He just alternates between closing his eyes, looking at his guitar, and looking to some spot in the wall behind you. You sigh and close your eyes and lean back against the wall. You let the song seep into you and you feel goosebumps because despite the language you could tell that it is a beautiful song.

                Lost in the moment you didn't realize he finished until he lets out a little cough and whispers.  “Hey…I finished...”

                You open your eyes and lean forward. “Yixing that was beautiful. What song did you sing?”

                “Oh.... It's... It's a famous Chinese ballad written by this legendary songwriter.”

                You hear a chuckle come from the side of the room. You both whip your heads to the side to see Kris leaning against the doorway. He quickly waves his hands in front of him but then crosses his arms as Yixing groans, “Wufan....”

                “I put Jongdae to bed with Jongin. Kyungsoo fell asleep somewhere else.” He looks at you, “I set up your bedwith clean sheets and all.  You two should probably get some sleep. We don't have schedule tomorrow but its 3 o clock.”

                He nods to himself and leaves the room.

                Yixing climbs down his bed and leaves his guitar on the top bunk leaning against the wall. He starts rummaging through his drawers. You climb down after him and he turns to you with a concerned expression.  

                “You probably shouldn't sleep in that jacket and your shirts pretty thin so... It gets cold in the dorms.” He holds up a grey crewneck sweater and breaks into a bright smile. “You'll have to manage with your jeans though.  I'm not loaning you my boxers.” He sticks his tongue out at you and hands you his sweater. “Sleep tight.”

                “You too.” you smile trying to contain your need to get that stupid dimple off his face. He pushes you out of his room and closes the door.

                You put on his sweater in the hallway. It smells like sandalwood. And oh god it’s perfect. You wonder if it’s just his sweater or if you pushed open that door and smelled him, would he smell so calming and peaceful like this. You’ve never gotten close enough to sniff at him, but then again you realize that, it’s a bit weird to smell people. You sniff at the sleeves of the sweater again and head down the hallway.

                You walk to your room but quickly peek into the living room. The room is entirely cleaned up and you see Kris in the dark with a laptop. He is wrapped in a blanket, one hand with a beer and another furiously scrolling through a website article.  You quietly look closer and you see:

[Breaking] EXO M's Lay Caught Dating?

                Kris reaches the comment section and groans running a hand through his hair and gulping down some more beer. You slowly retreat into your room. There’s guilt trapped in your throat so you walk back into the living room to talk to him. Kris sees you and slams the laptop down.

                “Do you need water?” You start to say sorry, but you hesitate and just nod. He gives you water and you slowly sip at it. You put the glass in the sink and head towards your room. Before you enter your room, you poke your head back into the living room.

                “Kris?” he looks up. “I’m sorry.”

                He opens his mouth to say something, but then closes it and nods.

                “Good night.”

                You enter your room and pull up the thin blanket. You fall asleep to the faint sounds of a guitar playing in the background.