Chapter 6

Chips, Lays, and Zhang Yixing

            You get pushed into a dark room. Kris turns on the switch and everything is bathed in light. You hear some groans and a rustle of sheets and a final loud thud.

            “Why…” you hear a deep groan from the floor. You see someone on the floor next to the bed tangled in a blanket. He's only wearing boxers and his tan skin flaunts perfect abs. You try not to stare but, wow, he’s gorgeous. Once again you are faced with Chips and his merry band of amazingly good looking men. You slowly swallow your accumulating drool and turn to Yixing.

            “So…” He has palm on his face. You look back at the half god and see that he sat up, still tangled in a blanket. He's rubbing his eyes then slowly looks at Kris and Yixing, and then focuses on you.

            “Holy !!” He stumbles back and grabs the blanket covering his body; he looks absolutely terrified. You choke back a giggle and turn around laughing into the back of your hand.

            “Why is a girl?!?!”

            “Why are you in my goddamn room Jongin?” Kris is standing next to the door with an annoyed expression.

            “I was tired I just sorta stumbled into this room. But girl??”

            “Out.” Jongin mumbles and starts to stand up, the blanket promptly falling off. He shrieks and grabs the blanket again, wrapping himself in it. He waddles out of the room tripping twice on the blanket.

            Yixing looks genuinely embarrassed. “Jongin might be all pomp and bravado under stage lights but in reality he’s really shy.” 

            You see Kris neatening his bed and grumbling. Kris calls you over and orders you two to sit. You both sit down on his bed, Yixing slightly fidgeting. Kris sits on top of his desk opposite of the bed. From the steely look in his eyes you could tell that his speech would begin in 3...2...1-

            “You two… are really ing lucky. Let’s start off with that.” He crosses his legs and his arms.        

            “In my understanding, the managers do not know yet. And the girl who was following you went back and edited her blog post telling everyone that you’re a friend of the manager’s. A majority of the fandom know believes that you are a friend of the manager they don’t think Yixing is dating but that doesn’t mean it didn’t cause any damage.” He leans forward.

            “We, especially you.” He locks eyes with Yixing, “will be under constant surveillance by the fans and Manager alike. You will get no space to breathe since rumors arose. And the worst part is, you have broken,” he puts a hand on his chest and leans forward, “my trust. Which hurts me because you’re Wufan’s best friend, Yixing, and the fact that Kris can’t trust you as the leader of EXO M puts a brick in our relationship.” Yixing stares at Kris with a blank stare and Kris stares back. After a tense silence he turns to you.

            “And you my dear sweetheart, everyone hates you, regardless of whether or not your dating Yixing. So you’ll probably need security the next time you’re on the streets of Seoul.” He smiles as warmly as an angry 22 year old man with angst problems can get. You glare at him.

            “All in all, you two caused a load of trouble.” He jumps off the desk. “You’ll need to stay here until our manager gets back since I’m worried about your safety. Since I’m the only one in a single you’ll be sleeping in this room and I’ll sleep on the couch, so be grateful. And about that wedding you’re supposed to attend, you’ll either have to call it off or go with a bunch of security as an attention-.” He smiles again. “Okay sweetie?”

            You leap up to shoot him off but Yixing puts his hand on your knee and gets up.

            “So what’s happens to us now?” Yixing says something in Mandarin to which Kris his head to the side and slowly smiles. He starts replies as Yixing’s eyebrows shoot up.  Kris smirks and walks towards the door. He opens the door and turns around.

            “Are you going to tell her?”

            “Uh…”

            “Go ahead.” He smiles and leaves the room. You turn to Yixing as Kris pokes his head into the room.

            “Not the literal translation you .” Yixing smiles. You open your mouth to speak. The door opens again and Kris pokes his head in once again.

            “Don’t make me sound like a dou-”

            “Damn Wufan I get it.” Kris lets out a short laugh and leaves. Yixing turns to you and takes a deep breath.   

            “Kris, the leader of EXO M said that after tomorrow we can’t meet up, but Wufan,"  Yixing smiles. "My dear ing best friend, said-” His words are harshly cut off by a certain drunken angel.

            “Get laid~!! Duizhang told Yixing to get it on~!!! I understood the Mandarin, aren't you proud?!?!” 

----------------------------------------------

KIM JONGDAE'S LETTER TO THE READER:

I wasn’t drunk. I usually never am drunk. I have an extremely well tolerance level to alcohol. My personality just seems naturally drunk. So I, with the help of a friend, put two and two together and wow, perfection. I joined SM Entertainment only about a year ago and I made friends pretty easily. I mean you would think being an doesn’t get you friends. Actually the exact opposite. Being an gets you many friends… that are s, but I digress. s are the ing best people on Earth.

Now back to me not being drunk. I know what you’re thinking, yada yada yada. Of course he was drunk. He just ruined the image of not one but two of his closest friends and groupmates. But no, you are wrong and Kim Jongdae is right. I might not know Yixing as well as Kris, but I pick up easily. Why was I put in Exo-M and not K? Because I’m a quick learner. I know what Yixing will think. I know how he will act. And I know his endgame.

I like the girl. She’s cute. She seems like an , and Yixing could not shut up about how me and her would be best friends ever since he met her at the airport. So I know you must be thinking. WAH CHEN SO YOU WERE PRETENDING TO BE DRUNK ALL THIS TIME? WHY DID YOU MAKE IT SO AWKWARD?

Well my little sunshines, I know Yixing and I know, no I am certain, about what’s going to happen.

You’re really ing welcome. 

----------------------------------------------

                Your mouth drops open as Kris runs into the room screaming bloody murder in 3 different languages. Chen shrieks and runs behind you and hides, gripping your sides. You just stand still in horror and shock, letting Chen drag you as Kris’s face turns beet red and tries to grab Chen. Yixing just stands still, eyes wide, taking in the situation. Kris finally, after releasing profanity after profanity in god knows how many languages, pulls Chen from your back. He brings Chens hands behind his back and drags him out of the room. You hear Chen screaming something along the lines of, “I ship you two. Make beauuuuutiful babies!!"

                You stay still in a mixture of everything from shock to embarrassment to holy--this-is-really-ing-awkward.

                “Jongdae’s a crazy bastard.” Lay murmurs from behind you after a few minutes of silence.

                “I sensed that.”

                “So is Wufan, well actually I’m pretty sure I’m the only sane person in this group, for the exception of Minseok, but…” Silence ensues. “Um. Do you need to get anything? From your hotel or?”

                “Ah. Well if I just have to stay for the night, no. Just tomorrow morning I’m meeting my friend who’s getting married. So…”

                “We’ll have someone watching you for security.”

                “Hm.” You bite your lip and Yixing rocks on his heels.

                “Do you need anything from your hotel room?”

                You slightly smile, “You already asked that.” He closes his eyes and winces. He takes a deep breath.

                “Okay, this, come with me.” He puts his hand on the small of your back and pushes you out of the room.

                You take a glimpse of the living room where the karaoke was playing and everyone was either passed out or sleeping, the TV flickering in the darkness. Lay pushes you through the hallway and you see one room that was lit. Inside you can hear Kris cursing in English and Chen wailing like a baby. You see Lay roll his eyes. He continues to push you through the hallway and lead you to the closed door at the end of the hall. He takes his hand off your back and slowly turns the doorknob, peeking inside. He grins, turns on the lights, and pushes the door open.

                “Welcome to my room.”