Day out of School

Troublesome Boy

Your POV

I sigh as I exit the school and wish I had brought my bikes with me instead of walking to school.

Ukwon walks over to me and smiles, “What are we going to do with our new free time?”

I shrug, “I have no idea.”

He sits down on a bench and sighs slightly.

I sit by him and smile, “How about we start walking home and see what comes to us.”

“How about we ride the bus half the way I don’t think I should walk that far?”

I nod my head, “I guess you're right about that.”

We ride the bus to… I guess now our block where the house is.

When we get off we walk to the garage and I open it to see my babies just like how I left them.

Ukwon walks into the garage and to the bike he used yesterday. He looks admiring at it like he did when he had picked it out yesterday to the time he put it back in the garage.

He says well tracing the design, “It’s beautiful. It’s a wonder piece of art.”

“Thank you I made it with my biological dad before he died.”

“I’m sorry to hear that.”

I shake my head, “No, its alright this bike is my favorite possession in the world. I value this more than I value life.”

He looks over at me shocked, “Then why did you let me ride it if it means so much to you?”

I look at him with a small smile on my lips, “I don’t know but when I saw the way you looked at it I thought that your face must have looked the way mine does when I look at it. To see someone see it the same way as I do made me want to share it.”

I touch the initials on the side of the bike smiling sadly.

Ukwon just sits there watching me trace the designs with my sad peaceful look on my face.

“It must have taken forever to finish?”

I shake my head, “No, it only took us about 18 hour non stop make it. I wasn’t much help since I was only 8. I knew how to ride since I had a dirt bike and that.”

He nods his head and smiles at me, “Hey lets go out and have fun until everyone gets back.”

I nod my head and smile back at him just like he just had, “Of course let’s go to the riverside there’s a lot of fun to do there.”

“Yeah alright lets do that,” he says nodding his head.

“Let’s take two bikes there it might take too long to walk there.”

He nods his head and soon we’re both on two bikes and racing down to the riverside.

I park my bike, look out at the riverside, and see the city on the other side.

“I love this spot. I use to come here with my dad when I was young. He’d lift me on his shoulders and walk by the river, sometimes he’d even take off his shoes and step into the water as a splash around since he didn’t trust me in the water by myself.” I look up at Ukwon and smile at him, “Memories maybe all I have of my father, but I know that if he saw me now. He’d be proud of me. I maybe in a gang, but we’re not like the other gangs around here. We protect people more than we help ourselves.”

Ukwon looks at me and nods his head, “Would it be weird if I asked to join Block B?”

I shake my head, “No, not at all since we were going to ask if you wanted to join us anyways. Still to warn you just because we are more looking out for people doesn’t mean we don’t’ get in fights with people over little things. I mean look at Zico and my brother I think I patch them every few days.”

He simply nods again, silent.

“Come on Kitty speak.”

He lifts up one of his eyebrows and gets a smile that means trouble on his face.

“Hey what are you planning?”

He jumps towards me trying to grab a hold of me but I get out of the way in time.

I laugh and race away from him and he chases after me.

I run into the riverbed and splash him with water.

“Hey,” I laugh and run a bit deeper so the water is to my knees.

Ukwon simply follows me. I run what I can through the water and Ukwon is on my tail.

When he finally catches a hold of me and we both fall down into the water soaking ourselves to the bone.

We’re just looking seriously at each other until we both burst into laughter.

Being soaked through is so worth the time we are having. I mean we’re having the time of our lives.

“What time should we head back?”

I look at the sky and curse, “I think about now.” I look at him and smile, “Race you back.”

He laughs and we start to run to the bikes.

We’re still soaking wet when we reach the house not that we care anyway. Still seeing my brother exit the house with a worried look on his face makes me feel a little bit guilty. When he sees us pulling the bikes to the garage he seems to calm down down a bit, but instead of still being worried he gets mad.

“Soya, what have I told you about disappearing? Do you have any idea what kind of scenarios were running through my head?”

“I’m sorry oppa. Ukwon and I were released from school early so we decided to hang out by the river and just to do something. We kind of lost track of time. I’m sorry but if you’ll excuse me my clothes are wet and I want to take a shower. I bet U Kwon feels the same way. I’ll be in my room if anyone needs me.”

Jaehyo grabs my arm, “Why are you wet?”

“We played in the water, why else?”

I pull away from my brother and his grip feeling annoyed something that has never happened before. I push past him and the others and make my way to my room.

I slam my door shut and lock the door. Then I walk to the bathroom and slam that door shut locking it.

I kick off my wet school uniform with the coat and sigh as I pull out the wet clothing and turn on the water to scolding hot.

As I shower I think about the fun time I had with Ukwon at the riverside what is my way away from home, the only place besides being by my bikes I remember my biological father.