Doctor's Assistant

Troublesome Boy

Your POV

I’m staring at the ceiling and decide to take U Kwon’s advice and check to see if the clinic will take me as free help.

I walk to the clinic and open the doors to see that Dr. Kim is in.

“Oh Soya what are you doing here?”

“I thought I could volunteer to help out here,” I tell him holding my breathe.

“I don't have the money to pay you, though,” he tells me.

“That’s fine I wouldn’t want to take money from you. It’s just I see how much people here need help and all we have are you.”

He chuckles, “Sure and it seems everyone from these parts comes to see me when they need help.”

“That’s a good thing,” I tell him, “That means that most of them respect you not just as a doctor, but as a person.”

He smiles at me, “Thank you, but why would you want to help me. i think i’ve asked you before. and you turned down the offer?”

“I’m not sure maybe because I wanted to earn money, but now I realize how stupid I was being. Now i decided that if I want to help people I have to be understanding and help people when I can even if it’s not through pay. It’s a perfect chance to deal with more people than my brother and his friends.”

Dr. Kim nods his head, “I see. Well I’m glad i will have a helper.”

I nod my head and think about how I should call the cafe and tell them that I need to quit.

“Are you sure you’ll be alright with working here with no pay?”

I nod and smile at him slightly, “Of course I will be.”

“Are you sure, because you are trying to feed all those boys and yourself?”

“Of course I’m sure. They have jobs and give me money when they can.”

“Really, I thought they were just a bunch of hooligans that caused trouble all over the town?”

“They are, but they are good kids. They just need someone to keep them in line... like a girlfriend.”

We chuckle at that, “I’m not sure if those boys will be able to land one even if they wanted to.”

I nod my head, “Sadly they all stick together too much I bet a few girls in school have made bets on who’s gay and who isn’t. Thought I wouldn’t care as long as I’m not dealing with any of that in my house.”

He laughs, “You are a sweet girl.”

“Thank you,” I look at the time and notice I should probably head back home, “I think i should head home before mother hen has a heart attack.”

“Oh I’ve heard your brother is very protective over you.”

I nod my head, “He is. He thinks I’ll be kidnapped or something not like he’d be much help I’m a far better fighter than he is.”

He chuckles, “I remember when you used to do competitions, but two years ago you quit and moved over here.”

I nod my head, “As I recall your granddaughter did competitions.”

He nods his head, “You should head home before your brother starts tearing apart the town thinking of the worse that could happen.”

“Of course when do I start?”

“Maybe next week,” he tells me as i walk out of the clinic.

I walk to the house again to find my brother tied to a chair with his mouth gagged and everyone breathing ragged like he wants to kill someone.

“Oh come now I was only gone for like half an hour.”

Ukwon looks up at me and sighs, “A hour to be exact. Where were you?”

“I was talking with Dr. Kim at the clinic so I can get real medical practice in a certified medical building.”

“Will mother hen be alright with that?” PO asks.

I look at my brother who is fighting against the restraints.

“How long has he been tied up?”

“For half an hour, but he got out about ten minutes ago so we had to tie him up tighter.”

I chuckle, “How about we place him in a cold shower for a little bit and if he gets sick oh well.”

They all laugh and nod their heads, “Yeah let’s do that.”

“Let’s see what my brother has to say for a moment and then do it.”

I take the tape gag off, “What the hell Soya? I’m your brother.”

“So I maybe your sister but being treated like I don't know any better than a regular 7 year old ticks me off. I’m not happy with how you treat me.”

“You’re my baby sister how else am I supposed to treat you?”

“I’m a  grade behind  you and I’m only two years younger than you.”

They look at me surprised by my age, “so you’d be a first year?”

“Yeah what of it?”

“Nothing it’s just a bit surprising.”

Ukwon changes the subject, “Why were you gone?”

“I was at the clinic talking to Dr. Kim about working there. I thought I already said that.”

“Yeah, but it’s also proving that you are responsible one in this house. Can we throw your brother in the bathtub now?”

I nod my head and we gag my brother again and throw him in the shower then turn the cold water on.