Finding a Ghost

Troublesome Boy

Your POV

I look up at Seungho and ask, “So why are you in my room?”

He shrugs, “I have nothing else to do until I get a call. It’s stupid I’m an attack dog waiting for it’s master too call for it.”

I nod my head as I look at him, “Is he hoping that I’ll tell you where my mother is?”

He shrugs and I sigh as I lay on the floor instead of the bed, “You know my father is looking for a ghost.”

“Why say that?”

“Cause he’s hoping for an outcome that doesn’t exist. If anything chasing after it will only bring the outcome that he doesn’t wish for.”

“Why do you say that?”

“Cause I made sure it would. I know what he’s truly looking for and trust me he’ll never find it.”

Seungho’s POV

She’s on the floor simply lying there like there’s nothing dire about this situation.

She’s acting like she doesn’t know there’s cameras in here so I have really no reason to be keeping an eye on her.

I’m here cause he wants me to try to pry information out of her.

I know she won’t tell me anything.

She’ll ignore all the questions and come up with something to say like she just did.

Does Mr. Ahn really believe that she’ll tell me?

Idiot.

Ukwon’s POV

Too think that I’m enjoying getting glares from all of Block B well we sit in the living room of the house that Soya had gotten for them.

Without Soya what are they?

Without soya what am I?

“So who are we going to try first her father or mother?” someone asks.

Jaehyo and I shake our heads.

“Her father that’d be a safer bet for both Soya and her,” I tell them.

I get glared at and right now I don’t care this is how it’s been for me for the last 3 days since Soya was taken back to the Ahn’s estate.

Though a lot of the guys didn’t know that Jaehyo and Soya had come from a rich family except Zico.

The first day after I woke up and everyone found out was spent with jaehyo and Zico explaining themselves.

Then the second everyone was still madder than .

Now today they are accepting mostly cause we all care for Soya.

“What do we know about him?”

Jaehyo’s POV

Everyone was mad at me for not telling them who my father was, but they were only mad for about a day maybe a little over.

Ukwon seemed to accept his hatred pretty quick.

Though I guess he’s use to it after all the years of being hated by my father and then the house he was living in.

Yet all he wants to do is save Soya and he believes that if we find her biological father than we can save her.

Though…

What do I know about him?

Nothing not even his name.

I just know that he was a designer at some company.

Ukwon kind of runs out of the room and we all look at each other.

“What was that about?”

“I don’t know bathroom,” I say.

It’s a while until he shows back into the room with what looks like a large folder.

“What’s in the folder?”

He drops it on the small coffee table and plops down back into his seat, “It’s everything that they have on Soya’s father.”

“Why do you have the folder?”

He shrugs his shoulders, “I guess sticky fingers. I picked it up about 2 or 3 weeks before I started too live here so it was way before Soya took me in and was the last time I saw that… Monster.”

I wince at him calling my father and Ukwon rolls his head to face me, “You know you take after your mother right. All your father truly gave you was 50 percent of your genetics and a last name. He did not help shape the person you are today. From what I know of him he has always been the way he is. Even his mother was afraid of him and she still is why do you think you’ve never met her.”

How does he know more about my family than I do?

“I know more about your family because of one of the servants knew your father since he was around the age of 5. I was always alone so she’d spend time with me telling me everything about the man that I was sold too.She never asked for much in return as she taught me and spent every single second with me… Until she died.”

“You mean Mrs.  Kim?”

He nods his head.

“She’s not dead. She was moved to a different part of the house around 4 or 5 years ago. Though that was around the same time I left home to chase after my little sister and mother.”

The folder is pretty bulgy.

It had everything on my sister’s father from the time he was born too the date his apartment burnt to the ground.

As we flip through it I have to ask, “So what makes my father believe that Soya’s father is still alive?”

Ukwon pulls the folder to him and pulls out a few sheets of paper from the large pile.  and plops them on the table.

I look at it and say, “The report on the fire.”

Ukwon nods his head, “They never found a body not counting there was a large sum of money transferred out of his bank account too one from overseas that Soya’s mother had also placed the money that she stole in.”

“Then why hasn’t my father gotten it all back yet.”

Ukwon smirks, “Well that last part I found out all on my own. It seems that not a lot of detectives wants to truly help your father though they will take his money.”

I laugh as I look at what he said but then I frown, “That’s all anyone does.”

“Your mother did love your father when they first met and she didn't’ care for his money, but then he became a monster even too her and started to take everything away from her. Then she met Soya’s father. She had you hoping it’d change him but things got worse. She started to escape using Soya’s father and not that much longer she had the affair and had Soya as a result of it.”

I take a deep breathe and take in all the information.

So Soya’s father do you know what he’s been up too?”

Ukwon shakes his head, “No, he’s pretty much a ghost. It's the same things along with Soya’s mother.  Though I know that he might be helping kids somewhere in Korea maybe even Seoul.”

“Why?”

Again Ukwon flips through some papers and tosses 2 sheets of paper on the table.

“Really a college resume?”

“Look at certifications, past jobs, and volunteer work,” he tells us.

We look through them and gasp, “This is a lot.”

“That’s just when we went to his first college when he transferred there were a lot more pages.”

“He has a doctorate?”

Ukwon nods his head, “Yeah, he does though it’s nothing but simple things. Still he was top of his class, but instead of finishing his degree he took over his family’s business and luckily he was studying design.”

I look at him, “Okay, can we have stupid Ukwon back.”

Ukwon’s POV

Stupid Ukwon…

Dorky Ukwon…

Helpless Ukwon…

I scoff as I look at him with a disgusted look, “No, Being stupid, helpless, and just myself got Soya where she is. I can’t forgive myself for letting him get a hold of my again just too get her. “

My body still hurts since it’s only been around 4 or 5 days since I got beat up by that monster’s minions.

I sigh as I pick up the pill bottle and take a few painkillers,

Jaehyo looks at me, ‘He said you’re not supposed too take so many.”

I give him a look, “Excuse me but I have a few broken ribs and fractures all over so I should be allowed to take a few painkillers that i was prescribed.”

I look at the table at the clutter of papers and my pill bottle sitting on the table.

When something comes to my mind... but it couldn't have been that easy or could it?

“I think I know where Soya’s father is.”

“Really?”Jaehyo asks me.

I nod my head, “Somewhere that your father wouldn’t think of looking.”

“Where?”

I look at him and smile, 'Trust me once you find out you'll think you were an idiot.