Myself

Troublesome Boy

Your POV

Today was great not that I cared since I didn’t eat as much as everyone else did.

When we went to the grocery store they picked out all kinds of food well I picked out nothing.

When we get home I don’t help with anything I go back to my room.

When it’s time to eat I don’t leave my room instead I sit there on my bed and think about my parents.

I don’t know why it’s bothering me today.

I look at the calendar and see that it’s not an important date.

I was fine this morning why do I feel like I have something to fear.

I look around my room to see that the painting on my wall is crooked.  In walking over to it I notice that there’s a mark on my wall. I pull the painting off the wall to see nothing.

I sigh to myself, “Maybe I’m seeing things.”

I place the painting back on the wall when I hear a knock at my door to see U Kwon walking inside with a tray of food.

“You haven’t come out of your room yet so I thought I’d bring you the food.”

I smile at him and place my hand over my heart, “Thank you. Umm… can you sit in here and talk with me?”

“Of course I can,” he sits down on the floor in front of me.

I smile and pick up the chopsticks and start eating my food.

“Ukwon I feel like I’m burying true self under what I’m trying to be. My brother is the gangster well I’m just a wanna-be doctor who has to work late night shifts when her brother is sleeping to earn extra money.”

“You have a job?” he asks me.

I nod, “Yeah, I setup my brother’s schedule and I know my brother well so I work when I know he’s busy on a side of town that he’d never go to. I hate lying to him and hiding this secret, but I want to rely on myself not my parents. I want to be able to pull myself from the ground and stand on my own two feet. I feel like I’m being myself and I really want to be.”

He nods his head as he seems to be thinking.

“Oh I know the clinic down the street is in need of help. I think the doctor there would gladly have you work there.”

“I don’t think he has the money to keep running his practice. I worry for him. He spends all his money on trying to keep the clinic open, but most of the people here have problems keeping up with the economy and bills. I want to become rich just so I can keep clinics like his open. The kids here need help since there’s guys here that like to pick on them. They are abused and what will become of them and the elderly if the clinic closes. The closest one you have to take a twenty or thirty minute bus to get there.”

He nods his head, “You’re burying yourself. All you do is patch people up for free, study, work, and try to help people more than humanly possible. Soya you need to realize that the world is a cruel place, but that’s why they created dreams. Dreams were created so we can see the better of the world.”

I burst into hysterics, “Then you never met my parents. When I was growing up I lived my life in fear. I was always so scared of what could happen. I would hide all the time. The only person I knew I could ever rely on was myself even though my brother would come save me whenever I’d need to be saved. I can’t keep relying on him to save me.”

“So what you want to find the real you? The you that you wanted to be as a child?”

“I’ve always wanted to be a doctor since I was four.”

“Really why?”

“Ever since I was young my mother had hated me even though she carried me for nine months. The first time she smiled at me was when my brother fell out of a tree and had cut up his arm. I had ran inside right away to get the first aid kit and patched him up before anyone noticed. I was only four and I knew what to do.”

I smile over at him as I say, “I know who the me I want to be is… It’s just I have a problem called my parents who have always told me that I can never become to anything, but an angry little kid who will become nothing but a who will sell her body.”

I go into hysterics again, “I thought that maybe I could become something and show them that I’m something, but I guess no matter what I’ll do I’m troublesome for them.”

Ukwon look over at me and I see pity in his eyes, but his voice sounds calming and filled with something that I can not place my finger on, “Soya, you know that no matter the guys and me will be here for you.”

Ukwon’s POV

She just told me something terrible about her past and I can’t tell her the biggest secret of my life.

I watch as my words touch her heart…

I wonder how she would react if I ever told her all my skeletons like she did for me.


I'm sorry it's kind of short, but I'm a bit busy lately again so please have patience with me. please keep reading. 

I hope you are enjoying my story....