Help and Rewards

Troublesome Boy

Your POV

I wake up when the warning bell goes off.

I sit up and see that I was leaning on Kitty who was also asleep.

I tap his shoulder making him look up at me in the eyes.

I smile at him, “Its time for us to get to class.”

He nods his head but he still sits there with an arm wrapped around my waist.

“Ukwon its time for us to get to class come on.”

I take his arm away from my waist and pull him up. He slowly wakes up and nods his head as he took my hand and leads me to the stairs that will lead us back inside the school. As he opens the door for me to go, first I smile at him in thanks, and start to descend the stairs.

“So what do you think of my place?”

“I like it thank you for letting me stay there rent free.”

“It was nothing really,” I say as I look back and up at him.

“Be careful we don’t’ want a repeat of yesterday.”

“I know you’ll catch me.”

I fake trip and he catches my arm when we are at the bottom of the stairs.

I look back at him and smile, “See I told you that I trust you.”

“You did that on purpose,” he accuses me.

I shake my head and we fight over that until we reach the classroom ignoring the looks we were getting.

Mostly cause even when my brother is a well-known ‘thug’ I’ve never really dealt with ‘bad influence’ before.

People think they know me, but in truth they don’t’ have an idea who I am.

They don’t know that I’m the most dangerous member of a gang.

I have a 100% proof poker face no one has ever been really been able to see through and I’m unpredictable. Also I don’t just rely on brawns but my brain as well. Thinking quick on my feet is what I’m well known for.

So the secret that we all hold is I’m not the younger sister that eats with her brother because he wants to protect me but because I’m a mysterious member of the gang and kind of true leader of the gang.

We look in the classroom and walk in as the bell rings again.

The entire class waits for our teacher to come in and when he does he’s piss drunk. As he has been since his wife divorced him for a guy who had more money. Unlike most days, he doesn’t even have time to even try to start teaching instead he falls down knocking his head against his metal desk.

When I hear the thud, I shudder at some memories that try to surface. It takes all my self-control to push them back to the far corner of my brain away from sight. Away from memory almost like they never happened. By the time I’m done no one is standing up trying to help or even left the room to get a teacher. Instead they all are just sitting at their desks staring at the teacher.

I look at U Kwon and he nods his head.

Ukwon races from his seat to get the nurse well I race to the front of the room to help our teacher.

I check his head wound to see that’s its not serious but I should still try to cushion his head, check vitals, and stop the bleeding.

“Aren’t any of you going to help?”

I grab some kleenex and the tape. I use the kleenex as a compress to stop the bleeding and the tape to keep it in place.

No one answers so I smile when I see a random jacket on the floor.

I simply grab it not asking whose it was instead I wrap it up and place it under the teacher’s head.

Then I check his pulse to see if it was even, his pupil response time, and a few other things.

Ukwon comes running back into the room a little bit later with the nurse on his tail.

I smile at him when I see how he had done just what I wanted him to do without even asking.

The nurse checks what I did and nods her head as if she likes what I did and how I thought on my feet… like a real doctor, would.

The nurse points to the two more built looking students, “You two help carry your teacher to my office so I can call an ambulance.” She points to Ukwon and me and says, “You two the principal wants to see you in his office right now.”

When we start walking to the office, I look at U Kwon, and ask him, “Do you know if the rumors about our principal is true?”

“I have no idea I talked to the man once and that was because I got hurt on school grounds.”

I nod my head and almost feel my skin crawl when we make it to the office to see a smiling middle age man with already graying hair and become a bit jolly looking if we didn’t’ know that he has a quick temper. To see our principal smiling I think took a few years off of U Kwon and my life spans.

He starts giving us a huge speech that I wasn’t listening to but I think I heard him talk about how proud he is of us for going to the aid of our teacher instead sit there and wait for him to die. He just goes on and on about how he was wrong about my friends and me… I didn’t pay attention after that until he says, “you’re dismissed.” We bow to him and head to leave but he calls out to us, “I know I shouldn’t do this but the two of you have the rest of the day off and tomorrow. You two have earned it.”

“that doesn’t seem fair to the other students,” I state.

“true but you two actually went and helped your teacher when he was in need. Did you not listen to my speech?”

I admit to him I as in and out but placing my palm side down and wobbling it.

“Go ahead and take today and tomorrow off, alright?”

We nod our heads and pick up our bags so we can leave school.

When we pass through the office doors then the school doors I only have one question, “What are we supposed to do now?”