Living with a Monster

Troublesome Boy

Your POV

I sigh as I lean back in the storage room looking around realizing how screwed over I am.

I look up too see Seungho wearing a short sleeved black button up shirt along with a t shirt under it.

S1wSJPHTA5S-ojvhQ5_kMGDzHgYkBA1jNHtoxKkH

I haven’t seen him since he brought me to my prison and own personal cell.

“Time to eat,” Seungho says to me as he hands me what is supposed to be food on a tray.

I look up at him as I push away the tray  and say, “I’m not hungry.”

“You’d rather starve yourself.”

“I’d rather die on my own terms then live under that… Monster’s.”

“Soya, you have to be reasonable here.”

“What?”

“Think of your friends… of your brother… of me… what we would think if you died?”

I look at him and give him a twisted smile much like what I used to give people when I’d still live here, “Oh why should you care since you work for the monster?”

He looks at me like I just shot him, “Soya… You know you are the most important person to me since the most valuable is now… gone.”

I look at him and feel like I just kicked him while he’s at his lowest point.

“Seungho… Sorry… It’s just you realize that I’m in the one place that I would always talk about avoiding or escaping.”

Seungho nods his head as he sits down next to me, “I know. I remember you skipping school and hiding in a park whenever your father would beat you for people to see. You’d hide from the school and hide from your brother. I’d be the only person you’d go to, to cry on my shoulder.”

“Then why?”

He sits down as he looks over at me, “When Suimin was sick and I had no one t turn to, too ask for money your father showed up and I thought that if I got the money for the treatment I’d be able to save my sister. You know that they wouldn’t even let me see her when she died. They said I was too much of a mess to begin with.”

I look down at my hands that are still raw from the few fights that I got in yesterday, “So you sold your soul hoping to save your sister. Now my fahter owns you until the day you die.”

Before he can argue I pick up the tray and throw it at the wall and scream, “This is so ing stupid. He seems to be a few steps ahead of me. Now look where I stand. I’m no where, except for the place that I began in and wanted to get away from.”

I kick the wall using the bottom of my foot so it’s more like I’m stomping on it.

Seunghyo looks at me shocked, “Soya, calm down.”

He pulls me into his arms much like when we were in middle school and soothes out my hair like my mother would and like he would.

“Soya… there’s always a way weren’t you the one that said that too me. It’s when you pick the one option to give up is when you finally lose.”

I nod my head and smile at him, “What am I supposed to do in here?”

“I’m not sure. I’m supposed to keep you company. I guess it’s better than running errands all over town.”

I look up at him and when I see that he looked away I peek at the wall trying to figure out which one is the fake brick.

I look back at him and sigh.

I’d figure that my father would realize that I went too easily.

If I really didn't want to come back I would have beaten the out of Seungho, childhood friend or not.

I look up and realize a bit why he wants me back here.

“I’m the blackmail.”

“What?”

“I’m the bargain… The monster is going to use me too bring back Jaehyo back here.”

“Why think that?”

“The man hates me, why else would he bring me here?”

“Get information on your mother.”

“That’s because my mother stole a bunch of files that can get him sent to prison for years to come and no matter what he’d do he’d end up there. He’d lose everything… Not counting she stole a few million from him and hid it. Well the million was her’s too begin with. There’s files on the company that belongs too my mother and one of the companies he took over belonged to my biological father.”

“Oh… the really cool place that does freelance designing for all kinds of companies.”

I nod my head, “That one belongs to me… not the monster.”

One of the servants that was always nice to me when I used too live in this prison comes into the room and smiles, “We have a room set up for you.”

“Oh isn’t he afraid that I’ll try to run away if I'm given windows.”

“He dealt with that detail already last night, Soya-shi.”

I nod my head as I’m led to the far side of the home it’s located in the middle of the land that he owns.

We walk too the second floor and then to a door.

“This room will be yours. Seungho’s room is across from yours and mine is down the hall.”

I nod my head as she opens the door showing me the inside.

I look around and sigh, “Wouldn’t want me too feel too much at home now would he.”

“Yes… the master had the windows barred and electrified so don’t touch them.”

I look at them after looking around the room, “How can he make a room that’s so full looks so empty.”

“That’s the master for you.. You really have nothing in here except the bed a dresser with clothing that will suit you. There is a vanity but no make-up only a brush. You have a bathroom, but it simply has a sink, toilet, and a shower.”

“Wouldn’t want me to forget that I’m nothing but a prisoner here.”

“We all have the same setup… I finally was able to add a few books and such in my room.”

“Lucky you,” I mutter as I look at the seemly empty room.

I open the dresser too see it’s all the same black dress pants and black button up shirt.

“Wow, I guess I am going to a funeral.”

“What funeral?” Seungho asks me.

“My own,” I tell him as I look to see that there’s one more room in this hall.

“Who’s room is that?”

“Ukwon’s when he gets dragged back here.”

“Doesn’t he live in that house with no doors inside?”

“He does, when he was sent to your school too keep… Mr. Ahn updated on you.”

“Is his story really what the monster said it was?”

“Yeah… If it wasn’t for him I wouldn’t have lasted here. He left a little bit after I came here to watch you.”

“So he was spying?”

“Well he claimed for a while that he couldn’t find you until he got in your class this year. Then he cut off ties with Mr. Ahn a few days after staying with you. Soya you can heal people’s hearts. You can change people’s hearts.”

“True… but I can't change a heart that doesn’t exist.”

Ukwon’s POV

I wake up too find myself in the small clinic that Dr. Kim owns.

I look up to see him smile at me, “So you’re finally awake.”

I try to nod but my neck doesn’t move.

“You’re going to be pretty stiff for the next few days.”

“Soya!” I shoot up ignoring the considerable amount of pain that shoots through my limbs, “Where’s Soya?”

“Her father took her away,” Dr. Kim answers.

“What! We have t save her.”

I’m pushed down back on the bed too look in the face of a seething Jaehyo.

“Save her. You’re the one that got her back into this mess.”

“He already knew where she was when he sent me to her school. He’s looking for your mother which is why she was able to live out here in the open for so long, but he’s getting restless. There’s a file among the one’s that your mother stole and he needs it. He also wants the money back that she stole.”

“Well Soya is really careful when she visits our mother. I don’t even know where she is. Now you’re telling me that she’s living with that Monster again.”

“I also heard that Soya’s biological father might be alive.”

“What?”

“I heard this a little bit before I left to live in that other prison you guys saved me from. Look Jaehyo you can say whatever you want about me, but I do care about your sister. I had cut off ties too your father 2 days after I started to live with you.”

“Was any of it fake?”

I shake my head, “No. Everything you know about me is true. All you don’t know is that my mother sold me too your father so she could pay bills. I was too young to understand what was going on.”

“Wait you were the kid that lived in the part of the house that was off limits to everyone?”

I nod my head,  “I know what it’s like living with that Monster, but you have to understand that there’s a lot more things you need too worry about. She’s going too be safe until the time limit is up.”

“What time limit?”

“The time limit ends in 5 months. That’s when your father gets sent to jail or killed… or both. I’m not sure of the details, but Seungho probably knows more. I can’t risk askign him about it though.”

‘Seungho…. Wait… Soya’s childhood friend.”

I nod my head, “Yeah, he sold his soul too that Monster. He sold it too try to lengthen his sister’s life.”

Jaehyo’s POV

I know that my father is evil, but too know that he’s super villain evil surprises me a bit.

If that’s my father than what will I turn into.

Soya would hit me for thinking that and tell me that I’m the best person to be around. That I’d never turn out like my father.

Soya, my half-sister, my baby sister I will save you from the demon that I call father.

I will save you and our mother.

“Do you have a plan, Ukwon?”

He shakes his head, “No, I’m still working on it, but I know we need to find Soya’s biological father.”