First Act of Kindness

Troublesome Boy

Your POV

I walk back into the kitchen and sit down in front of my brother for we can talk.

“Mom and dad miss you back at home. I miss you at home the house seems to be a lot emptier since you moved out.”

I just smile at him sadly as I hand him a bowl of ramen.

“I like it here a lot more than being at home. Here I get to do what I want when I want and I have you and the guys here. All I had at the mansion was you. The butlers and maids were so afraid of mom and dad that they left me alone.”

He nods his head knowing I’m right.

“Still how is life at the mansion?”

He starts talking about the life of a rich kid and it gets boring and predictable, but he’s your brother and worried about me.

The two boys seem to wake up at the same time as I walk into the room with a tray with ramen almost as if I knew they were going to wake up.

They try to get up but I push them back down, “You will let the pillow prop you up but you won’t be sitting straight. Both of you have bruises on your ribs so I don’t’ want them to cause any of you pain.”

They follow my orders and lay on the couches looking at me wide eyed.

Even though I have treated Zico in the last 3 years that I’ve lived here he still gets scared when I’m trying to use a commanding voice.

I chuckle when I remember when I first used it on him when we were little kids. He thought I was weak, fragile, meek, and quiet girl, but in the end he figured out that he was wrong.

Zico looks over at me and points to the bowl of ramen so I hand it to him to see his eyes brighten.

Right away, he starts digging in and Jaehyo has to pat his back cause it down the wrong pipe a few times by the time I face U-kwon.

I look at Ukwon who doesn’t even seem to have noticed I brought food in with me.

I lean forward towards him and see if he’s running a fever.

I pull my hand away after taking in that he isn’t.

I set the other ramen I brought in with me and hand it to U-kwon.

He simply sits there and looks at the ramen in his lap and the chopsticks that are in my hand.

Again, I reach over and feel his forehead to see if he suddenly got a fever.

Sighing I use the chopstick to pick up some of the ramen and hold it out to his mouth and he just stares at it.

I give him a look and he simply looks back at me and asks, “Why are you doing this?”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean why are you being nice to me? Why are you helping me?” quieter he mumbles, “When no one has ever thought of me like this before.”

I hear my brother chuckle and whisper to Zico, “Does he have no idea who he’s talking to. He’s someone in need and hasn’t pissed her off yet.”

“Why shouldn’t I be…? Have you ever hurt me before?” he shakes his head and I smile at him, “See then I have no reason to hate you. Also I’ve heard about you at school U-Kwon and I have to say you are a lot more different from what I’ve heard about you. Truthfully when I was told by my brother that you are Kim Yu Kwon I was a bit surprised.”

He looks at me shocked staring me in the eyes.

I smile at him and hold up the chopstick with dripping noodles up to him again, “Now eat.”

His hand reaches up brushing against mine as he takes the chopsticks and starts eating. I smile at him as I see him start wolfing down as bad as Zico does.

I walk into the kitchen to get something for everyone to drink.

I come back into the room and I hand everyone a water bottle.

As all of us talk, I watch U-kwon starting to smile. I start to smile slightly after seeing him eat so much. My smile must have been contagious because soon Ukwon is starting to smile himself.

I hear my brother hit Zico, “Shut up she might hear you.”

“Is that it or is it the fear of baby sister growing up?”

“Shut up.”

I start to ignore them.

In my head, I’m thinking to myself, ‘So what I’ve never fallen in love before. I’m just being protective over my heart and to stubborn when it comes to admitting my feelings even to myself. I’ve always been protective over other’s then to myself to even pay attention to how I feel about things. It’s only when it comes to people that have hurt me or someone I care about see a true extent of emotions on my face.

When they finished I take the bowls from them.

I place them on the tray and walk into the kitchen to clean them.

After I leave the room, the entire room was silent until Jaehyo broke the silence, “So what happened to you?”

I hear Ukwon’s voice tell them, “I didn’t do anything they just jumped me. I think it has something to do with my older brother who I haven’t seen for a while now.”

“Where are you staying?”

“Nowhere really I sneak back into my own house through my window most nights,” he says looking down not knowing I’m hiding at the doorway.”

I walk into the room and face him, “What about you stay here with us?”

“What? You don’t’ even know me,” he says confused.

“True but you need a place to stay and I have a bunch of extra rooms here. The rest of Block B stays here so you may have to deal with more stupid boys, but at least it’s better place for you to stay that is safe in relevance.”

He looks like he doesn’t’ really need to think it over but pretends to do so anyway before he nods his head, “Yeah I think I’d like that?”

I smile at him, “Good I’ll send the boys to collect your things later. So for now get some rest.”

He doesn’t lay down like I told him to do so. So I gently push him down.

“Trust me, arraso.”

He nods his head slightly nervous, but I can tell he feels safe somehow.

It’s almost like since I said trust me he’s going to do so…

I didn’t think that would have worked.

He slips back down onto the couch and pulls the blanket that I had brought out earlier over him mostly still I fix it for him and walk over to Jaehyo.