Their Rooms

Troublesome Boy

Your POV

I know that I’ve been here for a while, but I can’t help it…. his room is right next to mine how can I not see what he was like during his stay here.

I go to the door and try to open it only too find it locked and I mumble everything that I can that comes to my mind.

“You know they keep our doors locked most days,” I hear someone say behind me.

I turn around and see my favorite ‘maid’ that has been there for me since I was a kid. I mean she practically raised me while my mother would be recovering and father would be at work. I feel horrible since I seem to have forgotten her name once again.

I smile as I point to the door, “I was just curious on what he was like being here.”

She smiles at me and I smile back remembering her nice soft hands.

She looks around the hallway before she pulls me off too her room.

“Eun, what is it?”

She smiles at me calling her name, “I need too talk too you about that young boy, who I had thought of as  my son.”

I look at my hands, “How much time did you spend with him if you were spending so much time with me?”

“I spent most of his childhood with him curl up with me in my bed. I’d tell him stories and he wasn’t always in just this area of the house. If you don’t remember very well he was known as Kitty until you were hospitalized by your father at the age of 12.”

“Kitty… he was a kid I made up too help myself cope with all this,” I wave my hand around the room as if I was showing my entire past.

“True… Ukwon also doesn't remember you at all. He thinks the little girl with vibrant and alive eyes were all a figment of his imagination to help cope with the fact he was sold by his very own mother too a monster.”

I look at my hands still wanting to break into Ukwon’s room which was 1 of the few safe places he probably had in this entire place.

Looking at Eun I know she won’t help me so I’ll stick to whatever she decides to tell me about him.

I listen too Eun and when she seems to grow tired as the day wears on I smile at her and she stops.

“Thank you, Eun. I’ll visit you later.”

She nods her head.

As I leave the room I find myself outside Ukwon’s door and I reach out to touch it, “What had they done to you? Were you a prisoner like me, but more bond to your cell?”

I look around only too find myself lost in the place that I had called a ‘home’...

As I look around I hear some voices talking about me.

“So.. Did you see Soya yet?”

“No, is it true that she isn’t the boss’ daughter and is rather beautiful?”

“Yeah, her mother was unfaithful with some business guy who was part of a doctor filled family. They are looking for him believing that he knows where her mother hid the flash drive.”

My father might know where the flash drive is…

I look at my hands and realize that my mother had contact with my father until she had gone into a coma.

What if he does…? What if he doesn’t…?

Either way they will kill him. I hope they don’t look for him. I hope they don’t snoop around my room. Cause the letter my mother had left me, but I haven’t opened it.

It’s quiet and when I peek around the corner the males are gone giving me time too look over my shoulder then sneak into the room they had left.

There’s one person there so i sneak up on him and push on a pressure point that will put him to sleep.

I look around the room  before I look at a key holder that is thankfully labeled. I take U Kwon's key and open a look around glad they have a plastic key copier for some reason.

I look around and notice that there are no noticeable cameras in this room or the hall way leading up to it for a while. Still I take note of the blind spots in the mansion since they might come in handy in the near future.

The key finishes and I find different cases too make different keys and a smirk appears on my face as I slip them into a bag.

Look around too take note of anything that might show that I was here and find nothing.

I leave the room and remember the blind spots to get back to the hall that I’ll be staying in.

I look around the hall as I pull out the key I had made for Ukwon’s room and take a peek recalling that his room door is in a blind spot, through most of a rotation of the security camera for some reason.

I smile as I open the door and close it before the rotation brings it back it.

Still the ones in the rotation the longest is Seungho’s room and my own.  

I stop to think and realize they put our rooms there on purpose, for we can stay in their eyes…

I stop to think and remember a monitor was off does that mean that one of us is under their watch… Am I the one under their watch… What am I saying of course I’m under their watch. This means the only place in this entire prison that I have privacy is my bathroom.

I sigh as I turn on Ukwon’s room light too find it looking a full, but at the same time it still looks rather empty.

I find a desk that is still cluttered in papers even though he seems to have been gone for so long his room is still spotless.

I move papers around to find what looks like a blueprint of the mansion.

I notice that it’s saying that there’s a secret passage from this room too my own.

I'll check that out later I want ot flip through these papers.

As I finish going through the clutter there was nothing interesting in it.

I go too look for the secret passage I find a small journal in the entrance.

I pick it up too find a small note on the cover.

It reads, “If you found this that means that your father was able to drag you back too this place and it’s all my fault. I’m sorry that I helped him get a hold of you once again. I have a few clues of what they believe your father is doing since they heard rumors that he’s in Seoul. I’m sorry that I’ve destroyed what you had created after your escape. I want to escape as well too find a girl who had named me kitty that was part of this household… Was it you?”

I know I’m crying as I drop too my knees clutching the journal too my chest thinking at just a few sentences I had felt all of his pain and loneliness of being stuck in this place.

I hold the journal tot my heart as I walk through the passageway too find it goes under ground than seemly goes towards my room as it goes back up.

I come too a door and open it too find myself in my prison cell, room, it comes too a blind spot that in the room perfect for sneaking.

Why is this?

I feel a small pain in my temples something that I’ve always hated almost more than the beatings.

I scream in pain as it gets worse… This is pain that i’ve never felt before. This is pain that worse than when I all the beatings that I’ve gotten in my life. ‘All th beatings that I’ve saved Kitty from for taking the blame not wanting him to die by the Monster’s hands.

I fall down too the floor wondering why this small camera is focus

Ukwon’s POV

No one has ever been in Soya’s room very long, but there’s something that I need to get from it.

I stare at the door shocked, “Jaehyo… Why is the door locked like this?”

“She has some very serious trust issues. My sister likes the idea of getting away from everyone and everything so she has her room locked up when she’s not in it most days.”

I nod my head and grab my head slightly at a small amount of pain Dr. Kim said would be a side effect of the beating I went through.

I’m glad that Jaehyo had left after a short conversation and had not seen that small second action I had done too show I was in pain.

Pain is weakness and I can’t show weakness anymore. I have too grow up… Really grow up too be able to face her to be able to feel this pain.

I look down at my hands as I think of what I can do to be the perfect man for Soya.

Soya is a princess that has gone rogue, but still holds her kindness and her elegance.

Me… I’m nothing but a slave boy who can do nothing in his life.

I sigh as I pull out a small lock set I jacked the other day and open Soya’s door. I slip back inside locking it right behind me.

As I look over the room i notice a few things I didn’t the other day her desk is filled with papers.

I walk over to see they are all papers about her mother and ‘father.’

Though there are a few papers on Dr. Kim…

I sigh as I look them over finding nothing interesting.

Soon I find a small anomaly in her desk that seems like it’s supposed to open.

I fiddle with it until it pops open.

I feel a smirk appear on my face glad that sneaking around the prison of a mansion came in use.

I look around in it too only find a few letters she seemed to have written to her mother. Then I find a small journal that looks a bit older and I don’t stop myself as I open it and start to read it.

It’s all about her life span from when she turned 12 too a year after her escape.

I read through it too see that it started after she woken up in the hospital remembering nothing really from the time she was 5 too when she woke up. she wrote about a boy she had named Kitty and everyone had told her that she was a figment of her imagination;, but she didn't’ believe them because of the look her mother had on her face.

I read through ti look at a crude sketch of what seems to be me as a child. I take a deep breath as I set the journal back in the hidden shelf.

I poke around it a little more to find a small notebook that looks a bit older than anything else in the hidden storage.

I open the notebook too see that the handwriting is different from Soya’s.

I read the first page where it’s all apologizes to the writer’s children.

I look over everything else and it has hints about their daughter’s biological child.

There’s a part at the end addressed to their son named Jaehyo…

Could this be a journal kept by Soya and Jaehyo’s mother.

I stare at it as I slip it into my pocket as I exit the room.

I had hoped that I wouldn’t get caught, but I was wrong.

I look at my hands as I realize that Soya was a little girl that I used to play with. The same little girl the woman that I’ve thought of as a mother since I turned 5 has lied to me since I was about 12. She didn’t just call me Kitty cause I reminded her of a cat, but because when we were kids that was a name she gave me.

I hodl my head slightly as pain start too creep in, but I do not allow myself to show it except me holding my head slightly. I want to scream and cry, but I told myself that I’d never do that again.

I drop too the floor still holding my head. I try too focus on getting out of the room. I only get it open before I pass out.