Soya's 'Father'

Troublesome Boy

Ukwon’s POV

I look up too see him standing there as he said Soya’s name.

I wanted to hit him, but could I do that too my employer.

I guess I cut off ties after my 2nd day with Soya and Block B.

He had kept calling and I didn’t answer until yesterday and now here we are.

I had tried to avoid this for myself and Soya.

“Father,” Soya whispers when she looks too see who’s at the door.

Her father looks at the guy that Soya must have knocked out by the door, “It seems you got violent over the last few years huh, Soya.”

“Go to hell old man,” she yells at him.

“Oh wow you even got a mouth on you now. That’s not very fitting for me too have a daughter like that.”

“Oh shut up already. I haven't been your daughter since mom got pregnant with me. You hated us I mean look what you did too her.”

I take a deep breathe of air and pull Soya’s phone from her pocket without anyone noticing.

I hit speed dial 2 to call Soya’s brother.

“Oh, you mean when your mom got pregnant with another man’s baby.”

I clench my fist wanting to hit him.

I know that Soya’s ‘father’ wasn’t her biological 1 from what she’s told me. She told me how she’d spend her spare time with him until his apartment caught fire and he was pronounced dead.

“So most men would have gotten a divorce while you, you, kept mom around so you could beat on her and her daughter.”

I keep a good hold on Soya’s arm keeping her away from her father.

“It seems that you and your father just keep taking things away from me. He took away your mother while you took away your brother.”

Soya fists clench as she screams, “You took him away from yourself. He saw what you were doing he’d even try to stop you, but did that stop you from beating on all your family. Your daughter, your wife, and your own biological son.”

The man shrugs acting like it was nothing, “It’s not my fault he took the beatings for you just like your mother did.”

I cover Soya’s ears knowing she’s far than enough, “Cut it off.”

“Oh look what the little kitten has… Looks like you’ve grown some claws, but remember Mr. Kim Yu Kwon I own you for the rest of your life.”

Soya seemed too have  heard him, “What does he mean Ukwon?”

I shake my head keeping her eyes on me, “It’s nothing really. Just something that’s in the past.”

“Nothing. I’ve owned this young man since he was 5 years old. I’ll keep owning him until the day 1 of us dies and now he thinks he can just call off my ownership.”

“Why? Why do you own him?”

“Ohh… his mother sold him too me for I can use him for little errands.”

“Like what?”

“Come on Soya you have a good idea which ones,” he father teases her.

She looks at me and asks, “Am I 1 of those errands?”

Before I can even explain I feel pain in my ribs because I try to move too look her properly in the eye to answer her.

“Ukwon,” she gasps as she tries to keep me up right.

I hear laughing and slowly my eyes start to close out of pure exhaustion.  

Your POV

I feel something heavy on my shoulder and notice that  Ukwon had fainted.

“Ukwon,” I shout feeling worried about him burying the feeling of betrayal.

I hear my father laughing, “Oh poor little Ukwon’s body finally gave out. I wonder if he’ll die. That’d be great if he did. I’d get rid of another piece of trash.”

“He’s not trash he’s a human being. He’s my friend and he has a name. Father, what did you do too him?”

“Oh nothing just I’ve been running him ragged for years it’s surprising he’s lasted this long. The brat thought he could hide behind you that’s why I called him out. I just didn’t think I’d get you this way.”

Flashback Ukwon’s POV

He keeps calling me so answering this once won’t hurt.

I exit the house too make sure that no one hears me as I answer, “Yoboseyo.”

“Ahh…. Kim Yu Kwon, I’m very happy with you.”

….

“You know I know you're hiding out at my daughter’s home I thought we had a deal. You get dirt on her for me and I’ll  let you go.”

“We both know I could get your daughter too dig her own grave, but you’ll never let me live my own life.”

“Well I hate to have too bring you back kicking and screaming but I’ll do so.”

Before i can even  answer I felt a quick pain then it was lights out.

End of Flashback and Ukwon’s POV

I feel someone grab me and I kick and scream, “Let me go!”

“Don’t bother bring her over here.”

“No, let me go. I’m not going to leave his side.”

“Just pick her up already it’s not like we have all day to waste I need to make it to a meeting.”

“Let me go you creetant. I can’t leave him here.”

I look too see who grabbed me too see that it was my childhood friend, Seungho, is the one carrying me.

C5h8Da_4YrwCjwjM-QA3-f6vlLI12G1ykUIh_KyY

“Seungho, let me go. Put me down. What does my father have against you that you are willing to sell your soul?”

He’s silent and I wish he’d speak to me, but he stays silent.

“Seungho, why aren’t you speaking usually I have to threaten you too get you too stop talking.”

I grab his jaw and try to make him look me in the face, but he keeps diverting his gaze from me.

“Seungho, put me down please. Put me down. I can hit you hard enough to look like I got the drop on you.”

He simply ignores me and I wonder why.

Let me think the last time I saw Seungho was on our middle school graduation.

I later heard his parents died in a home invasion and since then his sister has been in and out of hospitals with medical issues.

“Is it Suimin? Suimin, still isn’t well isn’t she?”

That seems too make him lose it cause I’m tossed roughly, but still some kind of gentleness that I remember of the Seungho who would nurse my wounds.

Seungho climbs in after me and tells the drive where to go, “How old is she now anyways?”

I hear a very low tone in his voice that’s rough as he answers, “She would have been 7 this year.”

“Would have been?”

He nods his head, “Yes, she died last winter. I’m working for your dad cause I’m paying off her hospital bills.”

“He owns your very soul and you won’t be done paying him back until the day either of you die.”

“I got a written contract that I made copies of and hid. It says I have to work for him for 3 years. I already have 2 down.”

I gasp, “So this started when middle school ended?”

He nods his head and I know the subject will be dropped.

“I know this doesn’t matter coming from me, but I’m sorry to hear about your sister and your parents. I wish there was something I could do.”

He shakes his head and I know the subject is now dropped.

Still that doesn't mean that he has to be quiet since he asks me, “What’s between you and Kim Yu Kwon?”

“He’s my friend.”

“Even I know there’s something more.”

“He’s part of Block B I’m not going to let him get dragged down because of me.”

“Don’t worry he called 1 of your friends after he swiped your phone made a call and put it back in your pocket. Though I turned it off after I grabbed you.”

I nod my head and smile at him, “Seungho, you really are still the boy that used too follow me around.”

He laughs as he looks at me, “I might have sold my soul, but I’m not going to let that change me. Your ‘father’  wants to know where your mother is. He knows she’s not dead.”

I shake my head, “I’m not letting him have her. Not when I know there’s something important that I need to find soon.”

“What?”

I shrug since I’m not going to put trust into Seungho until he earns it back, even with him being my father’s slave I’m not sure what he’ll do.

“Soya, I’m sorry even if it probably doesn’t matter.”

I nod my head and look at him, “My father should realize though I’m registered under my own name and that I can’t miss any school.”

“He said something about having the school shut down for a few days to get things the way he wants.”

“That sounds just about right for the monster. Seungho, I’ll think of a way to get you out of this alright?”

He nods his head and I know the conversation part of our time is closed for the time being when we pull up too my father’s luxurious home.

I’m pulled out of the car and shoved into the ‘home’ and pulled into what seems to be an empty storage room.

“Ahh home sweet home how have I missed you,” I mumble sarcastically as I look around the old storage room too see all the belongs that mom and I left the night we ran away.