Chapter 16

Kill or Be Killed

      Sunny blinked. What are you thinking?! Of course Sunny won't kill you, Ryeowook thought to himself.

      "Sunny-ah, what happened?" Ryeowook asked, looking concerned.

      "I... I was just taking a walk just now and I met Eunhyuk oppa," Sunny said.

      "And you killed him?" he asked.

      "No. I don't want to kill him. I don't intend on killing him. I merely wanted to talk to him. And he was crazy! He told me to kill him because he had no life anymore and said that he was a killer and all. And he provoked me saying that he was the one who killed Sungmin oppa and it really is true. He was the one who killed Sungmin oppa," she said.

      "And you killed him?" he asked again, trying his best to control his annoyance.

      "No! I told you that I did not kill him!" Sunny snapped.

      Ryeowook bit his tounge to keep himself from snapping back. "What happened, then?" he asked as gently as possible.

      "I wanted to walk away. But he kept on and on provoking me with words. In the end he pulled out a knife. For a moment, I thought he was going to kill me. But then he took my hand and placed the knife in it. Then, he pressed my hand with the knife against his neck. And he pushed my hand and that little push causes me to stab him," Sunny said.

      "That means you killed him," Ryeowook said.

      "No! I don't mean to kill him! He was the one who killed himself!" she cried.

      "Okay, you don't have to get all defensive," he replied calmly.

      "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have snapped at you," she apologised.

      "It's okay. But why is your hand full of blood?" he asked.

      "I pulled the knife out and the blood spurt into my hands," she replied.

      But was that really what happened? Or was there something more that had happened that Sunny refused to tell Ryeowook?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

     "How are you going to live now?" Yesung asked.

     "I don't know," Sooyoung replied.

     "After this game is over, I hope that you'll find a way out," he said.

     "Hopefully. Can you do me a favour?" she asked.

     "What is it?" he asked.

     "Take Yoona's money, the one she received for killing Seohyun for me," she said.

     Yesung nodded and went out of the Haunted House. He went over to Yoona's body and took out her purse from her pocket. He took all the money there and left the purse where it was supposed to be. Then, he returned and handed it to Sooyoung. Sooyoung smiled.

     "Thank you, oppa."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

     Jessica looked inside the plastic bag. She caught a glimpse of a plasticbag filled with fake blood. At least, according to Krystal it was fake. Unless it was real and Krystal lied to her. Now, she had to find someone who was willing to do something for her. She saw Heechul walking towards her. Jessica smiled as she saw Heechul.

     "Care to do something for me?" she asked.

     "What is it?" Heechul asked.

     "Kill me," she whispered.

     "Are you crazy?!" he yelled.

     "Not kill me actually. Pretend as though you want to kill me," she whispered.

     "Why are you whispering?" he asked.

     "I think there's someone who has been spying on us," she whispered.

     "What do you want me to do?" he whispered back.

     Jessica whispered to him Krystal's plan. Then, she handed him a knife.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

     "Jessica, you are always ruining my life!" Heechul yelled.

     They were inside the staff's room. Jessica laughed bitterly.

     "Me, ruining your life?!" She snorted.

     "Yeah, you've been ruining my life ever since you debut," he replied.

     Then, he took out a knife and pointed it towards Jessica. Jessica's face darkened. She backed away from Heechul but Heechul was cornering her into a corner.

     "Oppa, what are you doing?" she asked shrilly.

     "Goodbye, Jessica," Heechul said as he was about to stab Jessica.

     "Remember, stab me upwards, not inwards," she whispered.

     Heechul stabbed Jessica at her heart and blood began to ooze out. The angle of the knife was slanted, proving that Heechul had stabbed her upwards. The fake blood coming out of the plastic bag looked so real. Jessica played dead. She held her breath as Heechul went out of the staff's room. Great acting, Heechul oppa.

     Jessica was still holding her breath. She was not sure if there was someone spying on them. But it would be answered soon. She closed her eyes as the door to the stuff room swung open. It looked as if there was someone spying on them all this while. The person went towards her. Jessica really tried to hold her breath. She forced herself to close her eyes.

     Please don't check for a pulse or a heartbeat, she prayed silently. Luck seemed to be on her side as that person just checked for signs of breathing.

     "Mr Lee, Jessica had just died," that person said.

     It seemed as if he was talking on the phone as there was no reply to be heard.

     "Yes, I understand. The next game will be on soon," he or she said.

     Then, the person stood up and left Jessica all alone.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

     Heechul was walking around, thinking about the acting he and Jessica had done. They had great acting skills. It was getting darker. Suddenly, a siren rang out, indicating that a new game was soon to be played. As he reached the place where the siren seemed to be coming from, the shaking began.

     It was not earthquake really but more like some construction work was being done at the moment. The noise was unbearable.

 

 

Author's Note:

So, Krystal's plan was for Jessica to play dead. What's up with the construction thing? And one more thing, Sunny seemed to be hiding something from Ryeowook. Do you realise that after Sunny had blinked her eyes, Ryeowook immediately thought that Sunny won't kill him? It proves one thing though. When Ryeowook looked into Sunny's eyes at Chapter 15, he saw hatred in her eyes. Why would Sunny hate him? Thank you for reading, commenting and subscribing! Enjoy reading the next chapter! :)

P/S: Sorry if this chapter is boring and short! I had tons of idea for this chapter in my mind but when I was typing, I suddenly forgot what was my idea :(