The truth

Should have known better

- Jiyong's POV -

It was only me and Teddy hyung in the studio left that night. The rest has gone home as they have done recording their part. As I continue to cram my head to figure out some new lyrics, I can't help but to think what happened in YG office and HOW I treated Dara. I shouldn't have done that. 

"Are you alright? You look a little stress out." Teddy hyung asked. 

"Ah neh. It's nothing. I just have a lot on my plate right now." 

"Do you want to talk about it?" 

"No thanks. It's fine" I shrugs. 

"Jiyong-ah, you know you can tell me anything. " Teddy hyung stopped flicking around the panels, and turned to face me. "Let's talk. Man-to-man."

I looked at him with a disbelief look. Well, this is new.

"Ah hyung. I'm really fine." 

"What's with you and Sandara?" He shots the questions anyway. 

"Why does everyone keep asking me that?" I couldn't keep my anger. 

"It's because you two look like some lost souls." I raised an eyebrow. What do you mean LOST SOULS? "Seriously, Jiyong-ah. I heard you've been calling her Noona now. What's up with that?" 

"Fine. If you really want to know...." I took a deep breath and continued my story. "We're taking a break now. We're both decided that it's for the best." 

"Why?"

"Because things have been hard lately. She's been lurking around without being there most of the times. Eversince the scandal broke out, I never once see her coming to my dorm and ask things herself. All this while she keeps on asking through Youngbae." 

"So, you're jealous?" 

"I'm not!" Why should I be? "I'm her boyfriend, hyung. Isn't she supposed to console me or something?" 

"She would if you did not lock yourself in your room every day." Huh? What does he mean by that? 

Something isn't right. 

"What do you mean by that, Hyung? Do you know something that I don't??" 

"Didn't you say you talk it out with her before you guys decide to take a break? How come you didn't know?" 

"Know what??" I am so confused right now. 

"She was there all along, Jiyong-ah! She flew back from Japan just to talk with you but you would not open the door." 

What? I looked at him with my eyes wide opened. 

"How come I didn't know that?!" I was fumed with anger. Why didn't I know that? 

"You would if you just opened your door that day. She waited for hours but she had to go back to Japan." Teddy hyung said with a low voice. 

I can't believe this. "What time was it when she came?" 
 

"I don't know, probably around midnight." 
 

"No wonder I didn't heard her! I fell asleep. That day was terrible and I was so tired from being interroggate by the police all day." 
My face darkened as I tried to recall back what happened. It was the worse day of my life. 

"But still, that doesn't explain with calling her Noona!" Teddy exclaimed. 

"Ah Hyung.. I was just trying to act like a bad guy in front of her. I was the bad guy anyway, after what I heard from you." 

"You should talk it out with her. I'm sure she understands." 

"Nah, not now. It's complicated. I'll sort it out as soon as we're done with this new album. Otherwise, me and Dara would not have any time to spend together with our busy schedules and that would only make it worse." 

Teddy nods, "I agree and you can inspiration for your lyrics from this." 

"Ah neh! That's what I've been doing for the past few days, you know." A smile was drawn from my face. Teddy hyung is such a good friend, I know I can always count on him. 

"But you have to treat her more nicely, okay?" He ends the conversation with that. 

"I know. I will." I smiled wider. "Ah hyung. Did you know that I wanted to tell the public about our relationship?" 

"What?! When did you??" He looked really shocked upon hearing that. I swear, he almost jumped out of his seat. 

"A month ago, even though I know things weren't well with me and Dara. I thought if we revealed it, it would make things better. but YG Hyung was so against it. He even reminded me again about it today." I rested my head on table. 

"He probably knows why. He'd know best, Jiyong-ah." Teddy hyung patted my head. 

"Maybe, hyung. Ah this is really driving me crazy. I missed her, hyung but things are not good for that now." I looked up and I saw him nodding in agreement. 

"I really feel like a bad guy and I thought that the more time she'd spent with me, she'd be more disappointed." Then, it hit me! "I know the right lyrics for the song now." I can totally relate our story with my song. Dara would be able to listen to it. She would know how I feel deep inside me. 

Teddy hyung laughed and gave me a high-5. That's how the night continues..