3 years mark

Should have known better

- Jiyong's POV - 

 

After much of the fun and hilarious talks, we finally hit the serious one. Dongwook hyung was asked about what he wrote on this board. 

 

"There was one thing that I have carried out for 10 years." He began his story. 

 

"Are you talking about your beautiful love?" Seunggi asked. Dongwook Hyung nodded and blushed. 

 

"Let's have this talk." Seunggi then said. 

 

"People around me often ask, 'How can you meet her for 10 years?How can you date one person for 10 years? You are awesome! Aren't you tried of it?' I often get these kind of questions." I nodded along as he explained it, a sign of acknowlegment as I did asked him that once. 

 

"I don't know about how the rest of you might think but both of us... are tired of it!" He suddenly confessed his true feelings! Whoa, I didn't see that one coming.

 

"X-file~" Boom said.

 

"You were joking right?" Seunggi asked. "Ofcourse!" He replied. 

 

Seunggi then proceeded "You have dated for 10 years, but it was only revealed 3 years ago. So you dated secretly for 7 years?" 

 

"We hardly dated with only the 2 of us." I nodded along as he continued because I know that they were together. So I explained about it as well. 

 

"During dating for 10 years, you might get tried of each other. There must be a time when you were almost break up or something. Have you ever encountered it before?" Seunggi asked. 

 

I know that feeling, I exactly know it. Perhaps, it is what happening with me and Dara now. Are we really that tired of each other? I thought to myself. 

 

"It happened once, just once. When a couple are dating, the first 1 to 2 years are well and they will not fight often. Gradually, they'll start to get tried of each other after 3 years." Unconciously, I nodded. Dara and I have hit the 3 years mark now. 

 

"The quarrels might be a little difficult to handle. But when we reached our 7th year, we had something that we're sort of start to get tired of each other." He then told that their relationship has gotten a whole lot worse when he went to America. I knew about it too, I often heard from Dara as she was pretty close with Han Byul Noona. 

 

I sure got me thinking about my relationship as I can totally relate it to his stories. I remained silent in  my seat, and could only listened. I wanted to glance at Dara but did not dare to. This was the first I heard about Dongwook oppa opening up about what has happened. It was merely a rough patch. 

 

Dongwook Hyung then told us that when the news broke, they have already decided to put a stop to their relationship but they got over it and decided to face it together. I remembered that day, it was such a bad day for both of them and all of us tried our best to cheer them up. Despite what happened, they have grown a lot stronger and love each other more each day. 

 

I surely must learnt it from him. I really want my relationship with Dara to work, there's no way that I want to lose her. I was very determined about it after hearing Dongwook hyung's story. I know it was sort of my fault for acting so careless but I will make it work, I swear. 
 

 

- Dara's POV - 

 

The show was coming to an end, and they've announced the winner. It was Dongwook! He deserved it, his story with Han Byul was really touching. 

 

"Please say som words!" Seunggi asked him. 

 

"I don't think my words will be important today. Today is Lee Seunggi's last broadcast. Let's listen to Lee Seunggi's words instead."  Dongwook turned it all around. It was so sad, he was such a good MC for the show. 

 

We then applauded him as he said his last words, I was so touched upon hearing it. He must be feeling really sad since he has been in it for such a long time. 

 

I was laughing so hard when they asked him to dance and he did! I was watching the screen where they were showing his funny moments on the show. I was about to tear up, but hey, this is not my show. He did so well, I'm sure the fans are so proud of him. 

 

As the videos end, I could see that Seunggi was tearing up. Oooh poor him. The people around him started to give him some encouraging words. I gathered my courage and said to him "You've worked so hard." as I greeted him. 

 

"Thank you, Dara-sshi." 

 

- Jiyong's POV - 

 

"Thank you, Dara-sshi." I overheard Seunggi and Dara conversation. I walked towards them and greeted Seunggi. 

 

"Well done, Hyung. I'm sure the viewers are going to miss you." while shaking his hands. 

 

"Thank you, Jiyong-sshi." Seunggi then was greeted by more people. 

 

I looked at Dara and smiled. "Hi." 

 

Hi? I could've said something better. 

 

"Hello." She smiled back. 

 

"Okay, we're take a group photo together now!" the PD announced. 

 

I was standing next to Dara but TOP Hyung pushed her forward next to Seunggi. I shot him a look and he gave me an apologetic smile. Whatever, I smiled for the camera and raised my arm. 

 

Soon after we're done, I was about to walk back to the dressing room when I heard Boom was talking to Dara. I turned around, and saw that they were laughing. 

 

"You were really good today, Dara-sshi. You really learned a lot from Seungri." Dara chuckled and then, she caught me looking at them. 

 

"Kamsahamnida, Boom-sshi. You did well too! I'll talk to you soon. I better go now." She then hurriedly heading off towards me. TO ME. 

 

"Jiyong-ah! Have you seen Bom?" Ah I thought she was going to say something else. 

 

"You were just talking to him!" 

 

"Aish, not that Boom. I meant Park Bom!" she pouted and I let out a laugh. 

 

"She headed off to the dressing room already." and then she left. I HAVEN'T EVEN FINISHED TALKING WITH HER YET. Nor that I have started anything yet. I followed her to the dressing room. 

 

- end of chapter 12 -