Flashback

Should have known better

- Dara's POV - 

Who would've thought that this would happened to them.. their relationship has gone from good to bad. Is it because they hit the 3 years mark? It, once, happened to Hanbyul and Dongwook too. Can we recover from this like they did? 
 

THIS is driving me crazy! 

It's not like we had an affair or anything. It's after Jiyong's scandal broke out that their relationship started to drift away. It's no one fault, to be honest. Maybe I just wasn't enough for him or I'm just too much to deal with at that time. He didn't want to talk about it then, and distant himself from me. Is it my fault for not knowing what to do? I think it is my fault. 

I should have been a good girlfrend. I should have stand by his side, consoling him but we were so busy with album preparation and going back and forth to Japan. I just didn't have have time. I have no one to blame but me. 


That's when we decided to take a break. We figured out it'd be best... for now. 


- Jiyong's POV - 

I got a call from YG Sajangnim that morning saying that he wanted me to meet him at his office. I don't have a good feeling about it, he's probably going to ask me about the album's progress. 

I went up to his office as soon as I arrived at the YG building. Looking around the office, and it seems like there's a new addition to the boss' collection. Wonder where he gets all of them from. 
 

"Jiyong-ah, come in here." 

"Neh, sajangnim."  I went inside the room. 

"So how's the album going?" I knew it. 

"So far so good, boss. We're going to record two songs today and probably another two tomorrow night if all goes well." 

"That's good news." Phew, that went well. 

"There's another thing, Jiyong-ah. How are things with you and Sandara?" 

"Oh. It's nothing to worry about. We're fine." 

"Are you sure? I was thinking about your request the other day, about wanting to make your relationship public." 

"Ah, neh." My face lits up. 

"I don't think it's a good time after everything that has been happening and besides, you both need to think about your career. Have you talk this with her yet?" Wait.. WHAT? 

"She was fine with when we discussed it." 

"And when was that?" He sounded serious and I couldn't dare to look into his eyes. 

"About a year ago. But I'm sure things haven't change, Hyung." 

"I don't agree with you there, Jiyong-ah. I don't think it's best at this time. Sandara has just released her Etude House CF and so far, the reviews have been good. You're busy with the new album and it's really is not the good time to mess that all up." 

Hearing that, I looked up. I could tell that he has thought a lot about this. 

"But.. Hyung, I promised my fans. I could not lie to them any longer." 

"It's not easy to please everyone here in the entertainment world, Jiyong. Every thing that you do will matter and  people would not stop judging. I'm sure you are aware of that." 

"Neh, hyung. but look at Dongwook hyung. The fans were against it at first but look at him now."

"Are you sure your fans will not be against it?"

"I am." I looked him straight in the eye. 

"Not me, Jiyoung-ah. Let's just wait a few more months and we'll see how it goes." 
 

"But.." I was so frustrated. Things are not well with me and Dara now but going public with our relationship might makes it better. 

"End of discussion. I don't want to hear any of this anymore." My face darkened.  "Jiyong-ah, it took Dongwook 7 years. Let's just focus on your career for now, okay? We'll know when it's the right time to reveal it. You can go now." 

I was so disappointed that I don't want to stay there for a second longer. I was about to close the door when he said "Do well with this album first!" 

What did he mean by that? Big Bang's album always been a hit. I just can't understand it. It's my relationship we're talking about here and MY career. But he's the boss. I hate this feeling, I'm sure he must've meant well. 

- Dara's POV - 

I was about to enter the elevator and turned out Jiyong was in it. Looks like he came from Sajangnim's office and he looked a bit bothered. 

"Anyeong!" I beamed at him. 

"Oh. Anyeonghaseyeo, Noona." He then walked past me as I got into the elevator. 

"Are you alright, Jiyong-ah?" He shook his head. "Stop calling me Noona! It sounds weird!" 

"Ah I understand. Goodbye now." As soon as he said that the elevator's doors closes. 

Ugh, what was that about? What did I do wrong? I NEED BOOOOOOOOM :( 

- end of Chapter 2-