Chapter 9

Be My Girl

The following day Yoona had a day off, so she had decided to realx a bit.

After she had gotten up, she happily stretched her arms, went into the kitchen and got herself a glass of orange juice.

“Ha~ so nice~”, she sighed happily as she openend the door of her balcony and went outside.

She had a good view at the nearby park and the skyline.

“Good morning, beauty.” A familiar voice then said.

Yoona had almost spilled her orange juice and turned around.

Taecyeon was standing on his balcony, with a bottle of water in his hand and grinning at her.

She coughed: “Yah! Don’t scare me like that!”, she glanced as his chest, blushed and quickly covered her eyes, “A-And don’t walk around !”

He raised an eyebrow: “I’m not . I’m just shirtless.” He leand  on her side, “You don’t have to act shy, I now that you think I’m y.”

“I don’t!”

“Well, if you say so.”, he then said and rested his arms on the railing, “But your pyajamas aren’t really appealling, beauty. You should buy some that are ier.”

“Hmpf, I don’t care what you think about my pyajamas.”

It was a little embaressing that someone saw her in her pyjamas, but it could have been anyone and she had been embarrased.

“Well, get changed soon, I don’t want to wait long.”

“All right...”, she said sighing as she realized what he said, “What? What are you talking about?”

“We’ll go shopping today.”

What?!”

“Of course, I don’t want you to go to such a high class party in some cheap dress.”

“Party? Dress? High class?”, she didn’t understand a word.

“Just be ready in let’s say...30 minutes? I’ll wait downstairs.” Before he went back inside, he winked.

Totally confused Yoona stood on her balcony still looking at Taecyeon’s door.

What was this guy talking about?
 

Even though she didn’t know anything and was more than suspicious she went downstairs like he had ordered.

What are you doing here, Im Yoon-Ah? Why are you listening to the guy who is so mean to you and who had stolen your first...She didn’t even want to think about it.

“You are there, great. Get in the car.”, Taecyeon said and got in.

Slowly she did what he said. As she sat in the car, she looked at him. “Why?”

“Like I said, we have to buy a dress for you.”, he answered and started the car.

“And why do we have to buy one?”, she asked. As he was about to answer, she raised her hand to make him stop, “And now don’t say: because of the party. Why are do I have to go to a high class party with you?!”

He answered as if it was the most common thing on earth: “Did you forget that you are my girlfriend now?”

“What are you talking about? I just helped you out yesterday because of this girl!”

“Yeah, and she will be there, too, means: you and I have to be there together or she will become suspicious. And I don’t want her to cling on me again.”

“Wait. You want me to accompany you to a party just because you don’t want another girl to come near you?” Yoona was scandalized. How could he think he can use her like he wants?

“Kind of.” He couldn’t admit that he also wanted her to come with him, because he liked her and wanted to show her to his parents.

“You are such a jerk.”, she said, crossed her armes and pouted.

She wouldn’t. She would never help this guy ever again.

As they arrived at the mall, Taecyeon parked the car. “We have arrived.”, he said but Yoona just looked straight ahead and acted like she didn’t hear him.

He sigh: “Get out of the car, Yoona-yah.”

“Yah! Who said you could call me like that...”, she mumbled.

“Do you really want to stay here and be sulky all day? Do you even know, where you are?”

She looked outside of the window. Damn it, she didn’t! This place seemed far to ... expansive!

“Well, I’ll lock the car so you won’t be able to get away anyways.”

“All right, all right, I’ll go.”, still sulky, she got out of the car.

She would make this. She had just to buy a dress with him, hadn’t she? Who said she would accompany him?

As they entered the mall, Yoona was impressed. You could see at the first look that only rich people are shopping here.

So he really was a son from a wealthy family.

Although Taecyeon had been here quite often, he didn’t like this mall.

Almost everytime he had been here he would’ve met Jessica. The last half year had been okay since she had been studying in America but now she was back.

Quickly he went into one of the stores, with Yoona following him, observing everything.

She tried not to show too obvious how impressed she was because she didn’t want Taecyeon to have something to make fun of her again.

“How can I help you?”, a sales assistant asked and bowed.

“We’re searching for a dress for her.”, Taecyeon answered and pointed at Yoona who nervously smiled.

“We’ve just got a new item this morning. It’s a unique piece from the famous designer...” Taecyeon didn’t listen to what she said and just followed her. Every sales assitant told him something like that. Of course, they wanted to sell their things. Even if she told the truth, he didn’t care.

“This is it. The light blue colour is really discreet but these precious stones make it to something special and will catch everyone’s eyes.”

He looked at it examining. Yoona was surprised how serious he was.

“We’ll try it on.”, he then said. The woman nodded and lead them to the changing rooms.

Yoon went inside with the woman following her. She felt nervous and also a little embarressed, as the woman helped her to get into the dress. Why do rich people always need helped with dressing?
Taecyeon sat in front of the room on a small sofa waiting for Yoona to come out.

As she presented him the dress, his eyes widened. She was more than pretty. Of course he tried not to show it. He cleared his throat and moved his hand to signalize her to turn around. She did and Taecyeon examined every detail of the dress.

He then shook his head: “Try another one.”

This went on for almost two hours. Yoona tried on dress over dress. But none of it was all right for him.

Yoona couldn’t understand how he couldn’t like the dresses. They were all so pretty!

As Yoona was standing in front of him with a green dress, he just sighed and shook his head. He then stood up and walked around the shop.

Was there really nothing what would fit her? He then spotted one.

Quickly he went to the stand and grabbed it.

“Try this one.”, he said and handed it to Yoona.

As she tried this one on, she was impressed. She didn’t know he had such good taste.

She went outside of the dressing room. Taecyeon smiled. “We’ll take it.”

Yoona stood in front of him in a pretty white dress. She had to admit that she really liked this one.

But as she then saw the price at the check-out, her jaw dropped.

“So much?”, she mumbled and nudged him slightly. Quietly she whispered, “Isn’t this too expansive?”

“It’s all right. It’s worth the price.”, he answered and took the bag with the dress.

The sales assistand thanked them and bowed.

After that they got themselves something to eat and bought some shoes.

It wasn’t as bad as Yoona had thought. And she also had to admit, that he was not as bad as she had thought.

When they arrieved at home, she also thought it had been a quite fun day.

“The party is next Saturday. I won’t be able to pick you up, because I’ll be away with my major from tomorrow on and so I’ll get there directly.”

“I’ll find the way by myself, don’t worry.”, she said. Although she had thought she wouldn’t go, she now wasn’t sure about that anymore.

“Great. See you on Saturday then.”, he said and smiled before he went into his appartment.

At that moment Donghae came up the stairs. As he saw Yoona, he smiled.

“Hi, Yoona-shi.” “Donghae-shi!”

“Have you been out?”, he asked as he saw the bag in her hand.

“Uhm, yeah. I was shopping. With... a friend.” Somehow she couldn’t tell him that she went with Taecyeon.

“Oh really? I hope you found something nice.”, he said and caughed a bit.

“I did.”, she answered and looked at him worried, “Did you catch a cold?”

“Me? No, no, I’m all right. My throat is just a little bit dry lately.”

“Really?”

Donghae nodded and smiled: “Don’t worry. I’ll see you tomorrow. Bye.”

“Yeah, bye.”

And then he also went into his appartment and Yoona stood alone on the floor.

She looked at Taecyeon’s door and then at Donghae’s.

The beast and the prince...maybe the beast could also turn into a prince?