Chapter 30

Be My Girl

“Please be careful with that one!” Yoona told her friend, when Yuri lifted one of the moving boxes. 

“What’s inside of these? It’s so heavy.” Yuri complained while carrying the box to the van.

“My plates and other stuff for the kitchen.” Yoona answered and took one of the boxes with books inside. Slowly she walked down the small stairs of the building, with her eyes glued to the floor so she wouldn’t trip over anything.

Suddenly someone took the box out of her hands. Surprised and confused she almost fell. “What the heck is going on?” Taecyeon was standing in front of her, holding up the box and looking at her with a great imaginary question mark above his head.

“I’m moving out, obviously.” She told him and tried to get the box back but Taecyeon lifted it up so she couldn’t reach it.

“What are you saying, moving out? Why?” At first he was confused but then the confusion turned into anger and he frowned. “Is it because of Donghae? Did he hurt you? If he did, I’ll-“

“No, no, it’s not what you think.“ She quickly said and Donghae’s sad face popped up in her mind. Slowly she shook her head. „He didn’t hurt me… he didn’t hurt anyone.”

This confused Taecyeon even more. “And that means…?” He began as he finally started to understand. “You broke up with him? I mean, you broke up with him?”

As Yoona only nodded slightly, Taecyeon didn’t know what to say anymore. Confusion, surprise and happiness were fighting each other to win over his face. For a short moment he had his macho smile on his lips again. “How ‘bout you and me then?”

Yoona chuckled and shook her head.  “It’s still too early for this. But…” She tapped at his shoulder and gestured him to bend down.

Still trying to get his feelings under control, he did as told so Yoona could whisper something into his ear.

His eyes widened at what she told him. “Really?” Happiness finally had won and occupied his face.

“Maybe.” Yoona answered with a smile as Yuri came over to them.

“Yah! You, don’t get in our way.” She told Taecyeon. “Just go back into your cave, you beast.”

Since Taecyeon was still a bit overwhelmed it was easy for Yuri to get the box from him, handing it over to Yoona and shoo the guy away.

“Hah, I still don’t like this guy…” Yuri said before asking. “What were you talking about anyway?”

“Just about why I’m moving out.” Yoona shrugged and put the box in the van.

“About that… you are really sure about it? I know I asked you often already but… are you sure?”

She stopped in her motion for a moment but Yoona then nodded. “I am. It’s the best.” Looking up to her apartment a smiled formed on her lips. “It will take a lot of pressure of me, I hope. And for those two it will be better, too.”

The past year she had spent here had been full of events which she’ll always keep in her heart. But now it was time to leave this place behind so she’d be able to move on and find out about what she wanted from the future, what her heart wanted and also who she wanted to be with.