Chapter 26

Be My Girl

“Are you feeling a bit better now?” Donghae asked while handing Yoona a hot cup of tea. The girl nodded weakly. Her eyes were still red from crying and was as dry as before.

Donghae had led her inside and had been comforting her while she had been crying, without even asking for the reason once. Now that Yoona had calmed down a bit, she knew that she had to tell him the reason.

Carefully she took a sip of the tea to wet a bit. “I…I’m sorry to bother you at this hour…” With a gentle smile he shook his head and sat down on the small stool in front of her. “Don’t worry about it.”

She smiled weakly and lowered her gaze. She’d had to tell him. “Oppa…”, she began while staring at the cup in her hands, “I went on a date with Taecyeon-shi today…”

Her heart was pounding wildly in her chest. She said it. She just told him. How would he react? Afraid to look at his face, she kept staring at the cup. As he didn’t say anything after a few seconds, she dared to look at him.

Donghae was looking at her with an indescribable look in his eyes. “But we are not a couple!” She quickly told him. “He…told me he liked me …”

Suddenly he softly touched her arm. Surprised she looked at him. Donghae was shaking his head with a weak smile. “You…you don’t have to tell me.”

“No, you got it wrong!” She shook her head vigorously. “I turned him down! Because the one I like is….” Slowly she reached out for his hands and touched them. She looked directly at his eyes. “…you.”

Now his eyes widened. It seemed like he really hadn’t imagined her words to be these.

Yoona could hear her heartbeat and the blood rushing through her ears. She had confessed her feelings to Donghae, finally.

Carefully Donghae lifted his hand and laid it on her cheek gently. His lips formed a soft smile. “Me, too.”

 


 

Furiously he punched the sandbag, before leaning his forehead against it. He was drenched in sweat and it hurt his eyes, but this kind of pain was nothing compared to the feeling of his broken heart.

Taecyeon decided to end his workout session for today and went to take a shower. His mind was still occupied by the events from a week ago. He could still clearly see Yoona’s crying face and her words were still lingering I’m sorry…

Again he felt the anger build up and he pounded his fist against the cold tiles. Although he knew that Yoona had been the only one to decide who she wanted to be with, he blamed himself for not being able to make her falling in love with him.

Taecyeon chuckled darkly. It had just been like that damn Kyuhyun had told him. He really didn’t match with her.

Stepping out of the fitness centre, he welcomed the fresh air and its cold breeze.  

There was no sense in wasting energy on the past, he knew that he couldn’t change it anyways. Although he knew that this was the right way of taking the things and to get over it, something in the corner of his heart refused to.

Suddenly a pair of arms was wrapped around his waist and he could hear a familiar voice. “Oppa~” He sighed. “What is it, Sooyeon-ah…” Jessica pouted. “Didn’t I tell you to call me Sica?” Before he could answer, she was smiling brightly again and grabbed his arm. “Well, it’s okay for now, since I heard the great news!”

Sceptically Taecyeon raised an eyebrow. “Great news? What are you talking about?”

“About that art girl of course! I heard she has a boyfriend now! Isn’t that great? Now I got you only for myself again~”

Shocked he looked at her. “What?” So she and Donghae already were a couple?

Jessica looked at him in surprise. “You didn’t know?” She then shrugged and hugged him again. “But it doesn’t matter anyways! What counts is that you and m-“

“Let go.”, he told her and freed himself from her grip. “Wha- wait, Oppa!”, Jessica called after him but he wouldn’t listen to her.

He clenched his fists and walked towards his car full of anger.

Now he had officially lost to Donghae. But he’d definitely wouldn’t let him get away that easily…